Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

So, caramel popcorn and peanuts ... My choice is quite obvious! ;)
I present my Cracker Jack!
cj-pile-vopen-arbor-jpg.988509

Cracker Jack. Perfect!

I suppose the super useful lambsfoot blade is its prize inside? :D

Cool pic my friend :cool: I was fascinated by moon maps as a kid (time of all the space shots) :thumbsup:

Forgive me for lowering the tone ;) :D :thumbsup:

Cheers Jack the atlas actually predates the moon landings. So all the info must of come from Earth observatories and lunar probes :thumbsup:
Oh. And thanks for lowering the tone. I was about to mention I thought this thread was getting a little high-brow... :D

I need to find a really battered old Lambsfoot! :D :thumbsup:

Have you tried looking on your kitchen table? :D

Guardians,

When i joined this forum I’d always pass over this thread. It’s a giant and, to be honest, it’s more than a little intimidating to dive into. And, if you start at the most current part of the thread, there’s a definite “secret society” vibe to it.

Well, I started reading it from the beginning about a month ago. And somewhere near pages 70-80 I got a real itch to pick one of these up. I’ve always been a fan of US made knives and the culture of them here in the States. But it was really interesting to learn about another style(?) of pocket knife and I reached out to Jack Black Jack Black for some info on sourcing a good one.

While I went through the process I kept reading and I finally finished the thread a week or so ago. Now look what showed up today. I’m super excited with how quickly they got here, the fit and finish and the overall quality! I’m so glad I was able to get both an Ashley’s Choice and a Rosewood. These two are great I could not be happier with them.
View attachment 988026 View attachment 988024 View attachment 988025

Thanks so much Jack Black Jack Black for being a great source of information in this thread, a helpful hand in helping me get these and for being, from what I see, the keeper of this thread and all the awesomeness in it.

-Joe

Also, putting the knives in this little Tupperware thing for shipping is a crazy good idea. Nothing crushed and everything made it in perfect shape!!
View attachment 988027

Great looking knives. Welcome to the Guardianship. :thumbsup:

A cycle ride out to the temple of The Latter Day Saints in Chorley in the county of Lancashire yesterday along the Leeds-Liverpool canal.
eDnxqiZ.jpg

J13ELTZ.jpg

YlifqR1.jpg

Cheers Jack the atlas actually predates the moon landings. So all the info must of come from Earth observatories and lunar probes :thumbsup:
Oh. And thanks for lowering the tone. I was about to mention I thought this thread was getting a little high-brow... :D

Great looking knives. Welcome to the Guardianship. :thumbsup:

A cycle ride out to the temple of The Latter Day Saints in Chorley in the county of Lancashire yesterday along the Leeds-Liverpool canal.
eDnxqiZ.jpg

J13ELTZ.jpg

YlifqR1.jpg

I think most of my maps predated the moon landings by a few decades David! :D No bother mate! ;) :D Nice to see you and your Lambsfoot out and about :) :thumbsup:

...LOL! Thank you my friend, that is a very ambitious suggestion, and unfortunately I think it would require broadband speeds above my current snail's pace (I can't even load my email o_O). Perhaps one day ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you GT :) I have a Physio appointment in the morning, then two meetings in different parts of West Yorkshire, a trip to the post office, and various other things, so I think tomorrow will be another hectic day :thumbsup:
Unreliable internet connections certainly are frustrating! :thumbsdown::mad:
Sounds like a busy schedule! :eek: "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!" ;):rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliments GT. :) I’m sorry if I’ve confused you about my Saturday but let’s just leave it at that!
OK. :cool::thumbsup:

I received this humble beauty today! Many thanks to Jack! I promptly took it on a quick hike.
CKzgeTj.jpg
I was fortunate to receive mine today as well. The fit and finish is outstanding and the tang stamp is wonderfully crisp.

xw0DA8Zh.jpg

Thanks for shepherding these Jack!
Wow! This is a great knife. Snappy perfect pull in my opinion! Awesome grain in the wood! Perfect size as well! Thanks Jack Black Jack Black !!!
vpkM1cd.jpg
Dschal, Greg, and Taylor, congratulations on receiving your new rosewood lambsfoot knives! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Excellent pics of very attractive knives. I think I like my rosewood model at least as well as any of my lambsfoots. ;):thumbsup:

I'm thinking of going big tomorrow ;)

Cool pic of your big rosewood, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::D

I'm pairing these two again today :thumbsup: Hope everyone's week got off to a good start :thumbsup:

Dum da duumvirate!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Morning all.
gkUVY50.jpg
Celestial photo, David! ;):thumbsup::cool: Any news on the bent tip?

My ACL has been working it’s way into the rotation. View attachment 987384
Excellent! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That pic is a pre-monkeying shot. Trying to make it look more like a lambsfoot, I made it look more like a cobbler's skiver. I gave up sloping the back because I was running into the nail nick. But with an EO notch, I won't need a nail-nick. We'lll see.
O7C9DPz.jpg
Makes sense to me! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

GT, that distinctive brownish colored knife you pointed out next to your knife in the family photo looks awfully familiar...

xVlGo6I.jpg

iwu75Pn.jpg

sSBloYe.jpg

I have to say, while I've been happy with all my Guardians knives, I think this one might be my favorite. Two things that really stand out to me about this knife (besides the fantastic Sambar stag, of course) are the size and the fit and finish. ...
Thanks for sharing some of your initial reactions to your Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot, Barrett! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Yours is definitely a lambsfoot of a different color. ;) I like the "central valley" that you and @Travman each have on one side of your knives. :cool:

Thanks for the glowing praise for the AC Lambsfoot my friend, I'm so glad that they turned out so well :) It was also easier for me to deal with Wright's this time, as they are learning the standard of work I would like and expect, and that I am not afraid to be critical. I also hope that cutlers like Ashley are genuinely enjoying producing work of a higher standard, rather than having everything dictated by price and the clock. I am very pleased that folks here are prepared to support what is ,arguably, the last true Sheffield cutlery firm. Your willingness to do so has helped to bring about these special knives, which I genuinely think are the best to come out of a Sheffield factory for a very long time :) :thumbsup:
Glad to hear that you found dealing with Wright's easier this time, after the ebony run had so many frustrations for you. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

In the interest of furthering Lambsfoot Science, I measured my collection of A. Wright mediums using our digital kitchen scale. From lightest to heaviest:

• New Arrival Rosewood -- 63 g
  • 2018 Ebony Guardians Edition -- 68 g
  • Standard Buffalo Horn -- 69 g
  • 2017 Buffalo Horn Guardians Edition -- 70 g
No wonder the Rosewood feels lighter, the next on the list weighs 8% more than it. The heaviest clocks in at 11% heavier.

Curiosity satisfied. Carry on. :D
Thanks for the measurements, Greg. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I wonder if my perceptions are sensitive enough to register a 7-gram difference? :rolleyes: (Is 7 grams about 2 or 3 pennies?)

Guardians,

When i joined this forum I’d always pass over this thread. It’s a giant and, to be honest, it’s more than a little intimidating to dive into. And, if you start at the most current part of the thread, there’s a definite “secret society” vibe to it.
... These two are great I could not be happier with them.
View attachment 988026 View attachment 988024 View attachment 988025

Thanks so much Jack Black Jack Black for being a great source of information in this thread, a helpful hand in helping me get these and for being, from what I see, the keeper of this thread and all the awesomeness in it.

-Joe
Congrats on a couple of grand lambsfoot knives, Joe, and welcome to the Guardians of the Lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::) Regarding the "secret society vibe", it IS a cult, you know! :D:D Enjoyed your post! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am dashing off to the doctors this morning, and with all the enthusiasm about the recent rosewood models, I thought I better go lightweight, and slip one in my pocket ;) :thumbsup:

Great pic of your rosewood lambsfoot, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Exquisite ebony, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Welcome! I'm glad I got in on the first page, as I don't think I have the fortitude to read this one over from the beginning! :p
gnZI6rD.jpg
Love the fiery stag on yours! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Superb seasonal shot, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My AC wee stag arrived today and it was well worth the wait:eek::eek: Awesome stag ! Fit and finish is excellent too ! I couldn't be happier:) :) Thank you Jack for bringing us these great little knives ! Please thank Ashley, he's the man :thumbsup::thumbsup:
OuhTaFH.jpg

omOkTxe.jpg
Congrats on that beauty, Rob; worth the wait indeed! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Carrying my Cracker Jack as my Lambsfoot of the Week:
CJ.mark.Vopen.arbor.jpg

- GT

Unreliable internet connections certainly are frustrating! :thumbsdown::mad:
Sounds like a busy schedule! :eek: "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!" ;):rolleyes:

Any duller and I'd be a plant GT! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that you found dealing with Wright's easier this time, after the ebony run had so many frustrations for you. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

While I know Sambar stag varies, it has parameters, but horn??! :rolleyes: And with ebony, just how black is black?! o_O :thumbsup:

Congrats on a couple of grand lambsfoot knives, Joe, and welcome to the Guardians of the Lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::) Regarding the "secret society vibe", it IS a cult, you know! :D:D Enjoyed your post! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Great pic of your rosewood lambsfoot, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much my friend :) :thumbsup:

Carrying my Cracker Jack as my Lambsfoot of the Week:
View attachment 989050

- GT

Superb pic :) :thumbsup:

I left a signature card with a request to deliver today at the post office yesterday, so my carrier left it at the post office for me to pick up today. Anyway, it was there and now it's here.
Jack Black Jack Black sent my big rosewood in a soap dish. (Soap Dish is incidentally a hilarious Sally Field/Kevin Kline/Whoopee Goldberg/Robert Downey Jr et al movie.)
I'm not offended, since Jack didn't include soap.
VT4Y0Wm.jpg

It's quite a nice soapdish, thanks Jack. Tighter than my old Baker St tube station one.
Here are all the Wrighteous Brothers.
rg9Bz8k.jpg

I left a signature card with a request to deliver today at the post office yesterday, so my carrier left it at the post office for me to pick up today. Anyway, it was there and now it's here.
Jack Black Jack Black sent my big rosewood in a soap dish. (Soap Dish is incidentally a hilarious Sally Field/Kevin Kline/Whoopee Goldberg/Robert Downey Jr et al movie.)
VT4Y0Wm.jpg

It's quite a nice soapdish, thanks Jack. Tighter than my old Baker St tube station one.
rg9Bz8k.jpg
Jer that's a real beauty! :thumbsup: As per usual I'm waiting at the gate for mine to arrive.:)

LOL! :D Sorry, missed this before mate. The problem with most of the old one I find is that the covers are in better nick than the blade! :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

View attachment 988947
Florescent light stinks, but it is fun to play around with the filters and see a knife become a light saber (ish).

Nice pic Joshua :thumbsup:

VT4Y0Wm.jpg

rg9Bz8k.jpg

Glad you like the soap-dish Jer ;) I spend a lot of time buying packaging these days, but it's expensive here for some reason - cardboard boxes are generally only available in larger sizes, and cost at least £5 - Soap-dish was £1 and a heck of a lot tougher :thumbsup:

Nice to see the Wrighteous Brothers! :D :thumbsup:

My internet connection is worse than ever today, not even sure I'll be able to post, but I'm carrying my ebony '18 and AC today :thumbsup:

Glad you like the soap-dish Jer ;) I spend a lot of time buying packaging these days, but it's expensive here for some reason - cardboard boxes are generally only available in larger sizes, and cost at least £5 - Soap-dish was £1 and a heck of a lot tougher :thumbsup:
Clever solution. And maybe timely: I was going to take a picture of my old one and remark how remarkable it is that I haven't lost or stepped on it in forty two years, but I'm not sure where it is.

Whatever Callard & Bowser say about original curiously strong, I think their Altoids are weaker than the old ones from Abertawe.

Wrighteous Brothers meet the Man with No Name:
Kqm3J7r.jpg

Back