Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Betty
44793910471_9282f04a95_h.jpg
Bam-Ba-Lamb!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::D

Gary if you’re not careful someone is going to accuse you of being all Jacked Up! ;) :D
This wee Sambar is not Ashley’s, but I think it’s still Choice! :D
39523218435_f877689264_b_d.jpg
Such a tasty, toasty stag lambsfoot, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And you're right about my Cracker Jack (and all my other lambsfoot jacks) having me jacked up! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great name, an excellent post, and a splendid knife GT :) :thumbsup:
Found myself carrying these two today :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the praise, Jack. :)
Cool pics (although I haven't thought about valve springs in decades :rolleyes:)! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Do you have several pics of knives with the railroad tracks stretching out behind them? I had a real sense of deja vu, and this chorus ran through my head too:
Like a steam locomotive, rollin' down the track
He's gone, he's gone and nothin's gonna bring him back, he's gone…

View attachment 988812
Really enjoying this Lambsfoot. Thanks Jack Black Jack Black for being an ambassador for a great pattern!
Great rosewood pic, Taylor! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Makes me want to show off mine :rolleyes::
UJ.mark.dock.81718.jpg

Cracker Jack. Perfect!

I suppose the super useful lambsfoot blade is its prize inside? :D
Best prize I ever found in a Crackerjack! :thumbsup::D (Actually, those little magnifying plastics were awfully cool too! :p)

Autumn is Falls stripper name
:D:D

A cycle ride out to the temple of The Latter Day Saints in Chorley in the county of Lancashire yesterday along the Leeds-Liverpool canal....
J13ELTZ.jpg

That LDS temple has distinctive architecture; thanks for the pics, David! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Is that supposed to be modeled after Solomon's temple as described in the Bible?

View attachment 988947
Florescent light stinks, but it is fun to play around with the filters and see a knife become a light saber (ish).
I admire your one-of-a-kind lambs foots, Joshua! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Any duller and I'd be a plant GT! :D ;) :thumbsup:

While I know Sambar stag varies, it has parameters, but horn??! :rolleyes: And with ebony, just how black is black?! o_O :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Thank you very much my friend :) :thumbsup:

Superb pic :) :thumbsup:
I know what you mean about living on the flora/fauna border! :D:rolleyes:
Thanks for the attention you paid to my ramblings. :)

What Jack said GT. Beautiful knife and very nice photo.
Good looking Cracker Jack GT- :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
images
Thank you my friend! :) Your Cracker Jack is a beautiful knife GT. A very nice photo as well! :thumbsup: :)
Thanks for the positive reactions to my photo, Dwight & Dave & Ron; much appreciated! :)

VT4Y0Wm.jpg

It's quite a nice soapdish, thanks Jack. Tighter than my old Baker St tube station one.
Here are all the Wrighteous Brothers.
rg9Bz8k.jpg
Congrats on the arrival of your big rosewood model (and its fetching soapdish ;)), Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I didn't realize the Wrighteous Bros was a quality quartet!! :cool:;):thumbsup: I imagine those knives must be your soul and your heart's inspiration, all you've got to get you by. Probably they're even your reason for laughin', for cryin', for livin', and for dyin'.:eek::thumbsup::cool::p

Have a great Friday Guardians! :) This is my Ashley’s Choice from the pile side. ;) It’s sharing pocket time today. :D

44771684972_0fcf0fbc08_b_d.jpg
I'm pole-axed by the pile side, Ron; what a stunner! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

At last!! Notification to pick up the package from Leeds!!:)
Well packaged package indeed!! My big'un did the honors, so goes along for the ride!!
I bought some extras for my fellow club members. I must bring the word Lambsfoot to this part of North America!!:D
Jack kindly included a RED Horn model to enhance my Hornswoggled collection!!
Thanks for everything Jack!!:thumbsup:
View attachment 989572 View attachment 989573 View attachment 989574 View attachment 989575 View attachment 989576
Congrats on that bundle of joy, Charlie!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just tucking into a tasty burger ;) :thumbsup:

What-a-Knife! What-a-Burger! :thumbsup::p:thumbsup:
(Apologies to @r8shell :rolleyes:;))

That’s hilarious. I'm sure Alan was disappointed as a kid, but I can think of plenty of situations as an adult where I'd prefer being named Alan instead of Righteous. ;)

Growing up, my friend's mom was a secretary at a local elementary school. At the beginning of each school year, she'd tell us about new students with unusual names. My favorites (or at least, the best ones I remember) were Crystal Shanda Leer, and a set of twins name Chinacat and Steppenwolf. :cool: :D
I had to Google "Crystal Shanda Leer". I'd heard the name several times before, and thought it was probably an urban legend, maybe the name of the girl who, with her boyfriend, fled Lovers' Lane and later found a hook hanging from the door handle of the car. But it turns out that Bill Lear, of LearJet fame (and inventor of the 8-track tape and founder of Motorola) named one of his daughters Shanda! :cool:;) (Whether her first name was Crystal seems debatable. :rolleyes:)

This is a really long thread! Only up to page 108 so far, but learning a lot and loving it. Will soon be able to post pics here!
Hang in there! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) Looking forward to pics of your lambsfoot(s?) when it (they?) arrive! :cool::cool: I like the new avatar, too! :thumbsup::cool: Is that Maureen O'Hara? Hubba Hubba!!! :thumbsup::cool::)

Had to go Big for melon! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Although Ashley apparently had a choice about the design of the ACLs, sometimes we have NO CHOICE, like Jack, and MUST go big! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

JACK the Big Un has seen a lot of duty since you acquired it.:thumbsup: It's the Lambsfoot you didn't know you needed.:D
Guardians of the Lambsfoot! My fellows!
I see in your eyes the same desire that would take the heart of me!
A day may come when I buy a Big Rosewood, when I forsake my fiscal principles and break all bonds of budget. But it is not this day!
An hour of lambsfoots and shattered discipline when my Paypal account comes crashing down! But it is not this day!
This day I fight the urge! By all that I hold dear on this good Earth, I must stand firm, with your support, Guardians!
:):thumbsup::p:D

Cracker Jack all week for me:
CJ.pile.closed.onback.jpg

- GT

Such a tasty, toasty stag lambsfoot, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And you're right about my Cracker Jack (and all my other lambsfoot jacks) having me jacked up! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm pole-axed by the pile side, Ron; what a stunner! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Cracker Jack all week for me:
cj-pile-closed-onback-jpg.990328
Lol! :eek: Thanks Gary! :thumbsup: The pile side of your Ashley’s Choice is mighty fine my friend! :D

A day may come when I buy a Big Rosewood, when I forsake my fiscal principles and break all bonds of budget. But it is not this day!
An hour of lambsfoots and shattered discipline when my Paypal account comes crashing down! But it is not this day!
This day I fight the urge! By all that I hold dear on this good Earth, I must stand firm, with your support, Guardians!
Stay strong GT- stay strong my friend. :) You know you want one! :p

JACK the Big Un has seen a lot of duty since you acquired it.:thumbsup: It's the Lambsfoot you didn't know you needed.:D

LOL! :D Perhaps so my friend, I am certainly enjoying putting it to work, even works well for sparking a ferro rod! :D I'm certainly not going to baby the Big 'Un ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for the praise, Jack. :)
Cool pics (although I haven't thought about valve springs in decades :rolleyes:)! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Do you have several pics of knives with the railroad tracks stretching out behind them? I had a real sense of deja vu, and this chorus ran through my head too:
Like a steam locomotive, rollin' down the track
He's gone, he's gone and nothin's gonna bring him back, he's gone…

Thanks GT, valve springs appear to have been considered romantic once! :D I do, and most of the recent ones are taken at the same place. Tracks are generally fenced in here, and if I tried to take a pic like that in a lot of railway stations, there'd be a SWAT team on me before I could say 'What the ...'! :eek: I have some regular business at the Unesco World Heritage Site of Saltaire, which just has two platforms. While I'm waiting for the train, I generally walk the few yards to the end of the platform and snap a pic of whatever is in my pocket :)

;)

:) :thumbsup:

I know what you mean about living on the flora/fauna border! :D:rolleyes:

:D :thumbsup:

Thanks for the attention you paid to my ramblings. :)

439722-Royalty-Free-RF-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-A-Cartoon-Black-And-White-Outline-Design-Of-An-Old-Man-Holding-A-Trumpet-Up-To-His-Ear.jpg

Sorry?! :confused: ;)

Although Ashley apparently had a choice about the design of the ACLs, sometimes we have NO CHOICE, like Jack, and MUST go big! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lovely knife GT, and a very attractive pile side :thumbsup:

Alas...would that you had spoken sooner...:(:oops:
Dwight, I'm just messing around, having been looking for a good opportunity to adapt Aragorn's "But it is not this day" speech to the troops at the Black Gate. :rolleyes: When dc50 dc50 mentioned that Jack's big rosewood was "the Lambsfoot you didn't know you needed", I thought that was my chance to talk about how I sometimes have to defer gratification! :D

- GT

Hang in there! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) Looking forward to pics of your lambsfoot(s?) when it (they?) arrive! :cool::cool: I like the new avatar, too! :thumbsup::cool: Is that Maureen O'Hara? Hubba Hubba!!! :thumbsup::cool::)
Ordered only one, but there will be more. Need ebony and rosewood for sure.
And yes, that is Maureen O'Hara. "The Quiet Man" is my favorite John Wayne movie, and it's not a western or war movie. But there's a heck of a fight!

Dwight, I'm just messing around, having been looking for a good opportunity to adapt Aragorn's "But it is not this day" speech to the troops at the Black Gate. :rolleyes: When dc50 dc50 mentioned that Jack's big rosewood was "the Lambsfoot you didn't know you needed", I thought that was my chance to talk about how I sometimes have to defer gratification! :D

- GT
You are too kind my friend. My post left too much to the imagination and for that I am sorry. I knew you were joking and I love the prose! Was implying that your warning of impending paypal implosion was too late for ME :eek: as I all too often succumb to the sirens of cutlery.
To echo Dave's encouragement - Stay strong my friend!!:D

Shades of Henry V!

Congrats on the arrival of your big rosewood model (and its fetching soapdish ;)), Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I didn't realize the Wrighteous Bros was a quality quartet!! :cool:;):thumbsup: I imagine those knives must be your soul and your heart's inspiration, all you've got to get you by. Probably they're even your reason for laughin', for cryin', for livin', and for dyin'.:eek::thumbsup::cool::p
Oh, yes.

You are too kind my friend. My post left too much to the imagination and for that I am sorry. I knew you were joking and I love the prose! Was implying that your warning of impending paypal implosion was too late for ME :eek: as I all too often succumb to the sirens of cutlery.
To echo Dave's encouragement - Stay strong my friend!!:D
No need for YOU to apologize, Dwight, when MY perceptual difficulties are the heart of the problem! :eek::( By the time Saturday afternoon rolls around, I don't have much imagination to leave stuff to. :rolleyes: Sometimes those of us who would be king spend too much time on rousing speeches to inspire the troops instead of actually listening to what people are saying. ;)

- GT

My buddy re-profiled the edge on my guardian. Screaming sharp!!! Glad to have her back!View attachment 990658

Looking good Taylor :) I am hoping to find time to do some sharpening myself today. I've been impressed with how long the Big Un has kept an edge, but I can put a better one on it so it is on my 'To Do' list ;) Hope everyone is having a good weekend, and enjoy your Sunday folks :thumbsup:

Black n tan today ;) :thumbsup:

One of the many, many things I love about the Lambsfoot is that it is such a breeze to sharpen :)

Now my Big 'Un is, once again, up to the most arduous of tasks ;)

Like helping out with my Sunday Sausage Sandwich! :D :) :thumbsup:

Poshed it up a bit this week ;)

Back