Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

One of the many, many things I love about the Lambsfoot is that it is such a breeze to sharpen :)

Now my Big 'Un is, once again, up to the most arduous of tasks ;)

Like helping out with my Sunday Sausage Sandwich! :D :) :thumbsup:

Poshed it up a bit this week ;)
Have a great day Jack! :thumbsup::) I will have Spam on toast this morning. :p

This wee Sambar just seems appropriate today! Hope all you Guardians have a great Sunday! :)

26916127388_8e547f6981_b_d.jpg

Bam-Ba-Lamb!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::D

Such a tasty, toasty stag lambsfoot, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And you're right about my Cracker Jack (and all my other lambsfoot jacks) having me jacked up! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the praise, Jack. :)
Cool pics (although I haven't thought about valve springs in decades :rolleyes:)! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Do you have several pics of knives with the railroad tracks stretching out behind them? I had a real sense of deja vu, and this chorus ran through my head too:
Like a steam locomotive, rollin' down the track
He's gone, he's gone and nothin's gonna bring him back, he's gone…

Great rosewood pic, Taylor! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Makes me want to show off mine :rolleyes::
View attachment 990308

Best prize I ever found in a Crackerjack! :thumbsup::D (Actually, those little magnifying plastics were awfully cool too! :p)

:D:D

That LDS temple has distinctive architecture; thanks for the pics, David! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Is that supposed to be modeled after Solomon's temple as described in the Bible?

I admire your one-of-a-kind lambs foots, Joshua! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I know what you mean about living on the flora/fauna border! :D:rolleyes:
Thanks for the attention you paid to my ramblings. :)

Thanks for the positive reactions to my photo, Dwight & Dave & Ron; much appreciated! :)

Congrats on the arrival of your big rosewood model (and its fetching soapdish ;)), Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I didn't realize the Wrighteous Bros was a quality quartet!! :cool:;):thumbsup: I imagine those knives must be your soul and your heart's inspiration, all you've got to get you by. Probably they're even your reason for laughin', for cryin', for livin', and for dyin'.:eek::thumbsup::cool::p

I'm pole-axed by the pile side, Ron; what a stunner! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on that bundle of joy, Charlie!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What-a-Knife! What-a-Burger! :thumbsup::p:thumbsup:
(Apologies to @r8shell :rolleyes:;))

I had to Google "Crystal Shanda Leer". I'd heard the name several times before, and thought it was probably an urban legend, maybe the name of the girl who, with her boyfriend, fled Lovers' Lane and later found a hook hanging from the door handle of the car. But it turns out that Bill Lear, of LearJet fame (and inventor of the 8-track tape and founder of Motorola) named one of his daughters Shanda! :cool:;) (Whether her first name was Crystal seems debatable. :rolleyes:)

Hang in there! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) Looking forward to pics of your lambsfoot(s?) when it (they?) arrive! :cool::cool: I like the new avatar, too! :thumbsup::cool: Is that Maureen O'Hara? Hubba Hubba!!! :thumbsup::cool::)

Although Ashley apparently had a choice about the design of the ACLs, sometimes we have NO CHOICE, like Jack, and MUST go big! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guardians of the Lambsfoot! My fellows!
I see in your eyes the same desire that would take the heart of me!
A day may come when I buy a Big Rosewood, when I forsake my fiscal principles and break all bonds of budget. But it is not this day!
An hour of lambsfoots and shattered discipline when my Paypal account comes crashing down! But it is not this day!
This day I fight the urge! By all that I hold dear on this good Earth, I must stand firm, with your support, Guardians!
:):thumbsup::p:D

Cracker Jack all week for me:
View attachment 990328

- GT

Great picture, and my brain belted out the Otis Redding song "sitting on the dock of the bay" in seeing your beautiful rosewood Lambsfoot. :)

Have a great day Jack! :thumbsup::) I will have Spam on toast this morning. :p

Thanks Dave, hope you enjoyed your Spam :) I was in a small cafe the other day, in an area of Leeds I am not very familiar with. I was early for an appointment and thought I'd get a coffee to kill some time. There was a short typewritten menu on the counter, and next to the breakfast items, someone had written in large letters, "WE ALSO SELL SPAM!" I would have liked to have got a photo, but I thought they might throw me out! The area I was in is actually known locally as Corned Beef Island! :D

This wee Sambar just seems appropriate today! Hope all you Guardians have a great Sunday! :)

Great pic of that beauty Ron :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful specimen, great photo.
Thank you! :)

Thanks Dave, hope you enjoyed your Spam :) I was in a small cafe the other day, in an area of Leeds I am not very familiar with. I was early for an appointment and thought I'd get a coffee to kill some time. There was a short typewritten menu on the counter, and next to the breakfast items, someone had written in large letters, "WE ALSO SELL SPAM!" I would have liked to have got a photo, but I thought they might throw me out! The area I was in is actually known locally as Corned Beef Island! :D

Great pic of that beauty Ron :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! Have a great day my friend! :)

:thumbsup:
haha "WE ALSO SELL SPAM" :p now that's a 5-star restaurant. :thumbsup: When my Dad would bring home tined corned beef instead of Spam we knew things were looking up that week.:D
upload_2018-9-23_10-53-30.jpeg

Thanks Jack! Have a great day my friend! :)

Thanks Ron, you too pal :) :thumbsup:

haha "WE ALSO SELL SPAM" :p now that's a 5-star restaurant. :thumbsup: When my Dad would bring home tined corned beef instead of Spam we knew things were looking up that week.:D
View attachment 990993

LOL! Yeah, in Biro, with a box round it and stars! :D Maybe they had a whole load to get rid of! :D :thumbsup:

I agree Dave, I have always thought of corned beef as a treat :) When I lived in the Middle East, we would fry it up in olive oil, with onions, maybe crack an egg over the top. Now that was Living! :D :thumbsup:

When I was a kid, at school, they would serve fake Spam luncheon meat, which even the kitchen staff called 'Pink Lint'! It was pretty disgusting! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, you too pal :) :thumbsup:

LOL! Yeah, in Biro, with a box round it and stars! :D Maybe they had a whole load to get rid of! :D :thumbsup:

I agree Dave, I have always thought of corned beef as a treat :) When I lived in the Middle East, we would fry it up in olive oil, with onions, maybe crack an egg over the top. Now that was Living! :D :thumbsup:

When I was a kid, at school, they would serve fake Spam luncheon meat, which even the kitchen staff called 'Pink Lint'! It was pretty disgusting! :eek: :D :thumbsup:
What the #@** fake Spam :eek: man I can't imagine what they used? The only thing I can think that it was made from would be a wee bit of pork/mutton etc along with Soya meal. There was a time in the 70's when I was a young Meat Dept Manager the head office pushed us to market Soya burger. Pretty gross stuff :eek: we would use 25lb beef to 10lb soya and add 5lb of ice.

What the #@** fake Spam :eek: man I can't imagine what they used? The only thing I can think that it was made from would be a wee bit of pork/mutton etc along with Soya meal. There was a time in the 70's when I was a young Meat Dept Manager the head office pushed us to market Soya burger. Pretty gross stuff :eek: we would use 25lb beef to 10lb soya and add 5lb of ice.

It had a lot more fat in it, really nasty stuff :eek: I think soya is used in a lot of cheap meat products, like pies and sausages, these days. I actually don't mind soya, but I think if folks pay for a beef burger, they should be getting that, not pet-food. Barely a week goes by here without some sort of scandal in the meat industry, some of the stories are pretty disgusting. Few people here are able to hunt or rear what they eat, and basically they have no idea what they're eating - sometimes literally - but then that even applies to vegetables as well as meat - there's probably a percentage of the population who have no idea that the fries they're served in MacD's are potatoes - but then maybe they aren't! :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Lol! :eek: Thanks Gary! :thumbsup: The pile side of your Ashley’s Choice is mighty fine my friend! :D
Thanks, Ron. :) The entire Ashley's Choice run is amazing! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Stay strong GT- stay strong my friend. :) You know you want one! :p
Oh, I definitely want one, but all in good time, Dave. ;) I have to save some things to look forward to! :D

Thanks GT, valve springs appear to have been considered romantic once! :D I do, and most of the recent ones are taken at the same place. Tracks are generally fenced in here, and if I tried to take a pic like that in a lot of railway stations, there'd be a SWAT team on me before I could say 'What the ...'! :eek: I have some regular business at the Unesco World Heritage Site of Saltaire, which just has two platforms. While I'm waiting for the train, I generally walk the few yards to the end of the platform and snap a pic of whatever is in my pocket :)

;)

439722-Royalty-Free-RF-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-A-Cartoon-Black-And-White-Outline-Design-Of-An-Old-Man-Holding-A-Trumpet-Up-To-His-Ear.jpg

Sorry?! :confused: ;)
Lovely knife GT, and a very attractive pile side :thumbsup:
Thanks for the info about your railroad pics, and for your illustrated replies to my comments. :) Interesting that your rails pic suggested to me "He's Gone", while to you it elicited "All the Way Home"; that's been a perennial problem for me - can't tell whether I'm coming or going! :eek::p
Thanks also for the good word about my Cracker Jack pic. :)

Ordered only one, but there will be more. Need ebony and rosewood for sure.
And yes, that is Maureen O'Hara. "The Quiet Man" is my favorite John Wayne movie, and it's not a western or war movie. But there's a heck of a fight!
At first, I wondered if "The Quiet Man" was the film in which Wayne's character tosses his hat onto a hat rack, but decided I'm actually misremembering McLintock and the hat going up onto a weathervane. :rolleyes:

Black n tan today ;) :thumbsup:

Fine fotos of good wood, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What a refined, handsome knife, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Great picture, and my brain belted out the Otis Redding song "sitting on the dock of the bay" in seeing your beautiful rosewood Lambsfoot. :)
Thanks, H herder . :) I often get some very pleasing knife photos on the dock at the place we vacation each summer. :cool::thumbsup:

Last day for my Cracker Jack for 5 weeks :( (unless I make it my Free Choice Knife some of those weeks ;)):
CJ.pile.Vopen.alley.jpg

- GT

At first, I wondered if "The Quiet Man" was the film in which Wayne's character tosses his hat onto a hat rack, but decided I'm actually misremembering McLintock and the hat going up onto a weathervane. :rolleyes:
Yeah, that was McLintock. O'Hara co-starred in at least four John Wayne films. "The Quiet Man" was the best one. 1952 film. Wayne's character returns to the land of his birth, Ireland, where he retires after giving up boxing because he killed a man in the ring. Falls in love with O'Hara's character, but her brother (played by Victor McLaglen) won't give permission for them to marry. (It's the "old days" in the Old Country!) He picks on Duke but Duke won't fight back. Everyone thinks he's a coward. He even keeps his past from her. Can't tell the whole story here, but it's a great romantic comedy.
Cracking Cracker Jack, by the way!

Ordered only one, but there will be more. Need ebony and rosewood for sure.
And yes, that is Maureen O'Hara. "The Quiet Man" is my favorite John Wayne movie, and it's not a western or war movie. But there's a heck of a fight!

Yes indeed! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info about your railroad pics, and for your illustrated replies to my comments. :) Interesting that your rails pic suggested to me "He's Gone", while to you it elicited "All the Way Home"; that's been a perennial problem for me - can't tell whether I'm coming or going! :eek::p
Thanks also for the good word about my Cracker Jack pic. :)

That was just an excuse for a Spinal Tap reference GT! :D I didn't put too much thought into the pic, but I was on my way home! ;) The rhythm of locomotives has influenced many songs of course :thumbsup:

Fine fotos of good wood, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :thumbsup:

Last day for my Cracker Jack for 5 weeks :( (unless I make it my Free Choice Knife some of those weeks ;)):
View attachment 991207

I'm sure I won't be the only one missing your Cracker Jack GT :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, start of another week. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I know @donn has been away, so I'm looking forward to seeing any pics he has to share :)

I'm carrying my ebony Guardians '18 again today :) Have a good week folks :thumbsup:

Back