1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Have a great day Jack! :thumbsup::) I will have Spam on toast this morning. :p

Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  2. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    This wee Sambar just seems appropriate today! Hope all you Guardians have a great Sunday! :)

[​IMG]

TFBraden, Dschal, tmd_87 and 5 others like this.
  3. herder

herder Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Great picture, and my brain belted out the Otis Redding song "sitting on the dock of the bay" in seeing your beautiful rosewood Lambsfoot. :)

dc50 likes this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Beautiful specimen, great photo.

Half/Stop and dc50 like this.
  5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Dave, hope you enjoyed your Spam :) I was in a small cafe the other day, in an area of Leeds I am not very familiar with. I was early for an appointment and thought I'd get a coffee to kill some time. There was a short typewritten menu on the counter, and next to the breakfast items, someone had written in large letters, "WE ALSO SELL SPAM!" I would have liked to have got a photo, but I thought they might throw me out! The area I was in is actually known locally as Corned Beef Island! :D

Great pic of that beauty Ron :) :thumbsup:

Half/Stop and Prester John like this.
  6. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you! :)

Thanks Jack! Have a great day my friend! :)

dc50, Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  7. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    haha "WE ALSO SELL SPAM" :p now that's a 5-star restaurant. :thumbsup: When my Dad would bring home tined corned beef instead of Spam we knew things were looking up that week.:D
    upload_2018-9-23_10-53-30.jpeg

Dschal, Fodderwing and Prester John like this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Ron, you too pal :) :thumbsup:

LOL! Yeah, in Biro, with a box round it and stars! :D Maybe they had a whole load to get rid of! :D :thumbsup:

I agree Dave, I have always thought of corned beef as a treat :) When I lived in the Middle East, we would fry it up in olive oil, with onions, maybe crack an egg over the top. Now that was Living! :D :thumbsup:

When I was a kid, at school, they would serve fake Spam luncheon meat, which even the kitchen staff called 'Pink Lint'! It was pretty disgusting! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Half/Stop, dc50 and Prester John like this.
  9. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    What the #@** fake Spam :eek: man I can't imagine what they used? The only thing I can think that it was made from would be a wee bit of pork/mutton etc along with Soya meal. There was a time in the 70's when I was a young Meat Dept Manager the head office pushed us to market Soya burger. Pretty gross stuff :eek: we would use 25lb beef to 10lb soya and add 5lb of ice.

Prester John likes this.
  10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    It had a lot more fat in it, really nasty stuff :eek: I think soya is used in a lot of cheap meat products, like pies and sausages, these days. I actually don't mind soya, but I think if folks pay for a beef burger, they should be getting that, not pet-food. Barely a week goes by here without some sort of scandal in the meat industry, some of the stories are pretty disgusting. Few people here are able to hunt or rear what they eat, and basically they have no idea what they're eating - sometimes literally - but then that even applies to vegetables as well as meat - there's probably a percentage of the population who have no idea that the fries they're served in MacD's are potatoes - but then maybe they aren't! :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

11. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks, Ron. :) The entire Ashley's Choice run is amazing! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Oh, I definitely want one, but all in good time, Dave. ;) I have to save some things to look forward to! :D

Thanks for the info about your railroad pics, and for your illustrated replies to my comments. :) Interesting that your rails pic suggested to me "He's Gone", while to you it elicited "All the Way Home"; that's been a perennial problem for me - can't tell whether I'm coming or going! :eek::p
    Thanks also for the good word about my Cracker Jack pic. :)

At first, I wondered if "The Quiet Man" was the film in which Wayne's character tosses his hat onto a hat rack, but decided I'm actually misremembering McLintock and the hat going up onto a weathervane. :rolleyes:

Fine fotos of good wood, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What a refined, handsome knife, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, @herder. :) I often get some very pleasing knife photos on the dock at the place we vacation each summer. :cool::thumbsup:

Last day for my Cracker Jack for 5 weeks :( (unless I make it my Free Choice Knife some of those weeks ;)):
    CJ.pile.Vopen.alley.jpg

- GT

Half/Stop, dc50, Jack Black and 6 others like this.
  12. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Close.

13. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    :D:D

- GT

14. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Yeah, that was McLintock. O'Hara co-starred in at least four John Wayne films. "The Quiet Man" was the best one. 1952 film. Wayne's character returns to the land of his birth, Ireland, where he retires after giving up boxing because he killed a man in the ring. Falls in love with O'Hara's character, but her brother (played by Victor McLaglen) won't give permission for them to marry. (It's the "old days" in the Old Country!) He picks on Duke but Duke won't fight back. Everyone thinks he's a coward. He even keeps his past from her. Can't tell the whole story here, but it's a great romantic comedy.
    Cracking Cracker Jack, by the way!

Jody744, dc50 and Fodderwing like this.
  15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Yes indeed! :D :thumbsup:

That was just an excuse for a Spinal Tap reference GT! :D I didn't put too much thought into the pic, but I was on my way home! ;) The rhythm of locomotives has influenced many songs of course :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :thumbsup:

I'm sure I won't be the only one missing your Cracker Jack GT :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, start of another week. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I know @donn has been away, so I'm looking forward to seeing any pics he has to share :)

I'm carrying my ebony Guardians '18 again today :) Have a good week folks :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

16. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! :) I personally don't think you should go 5 days without totin your Cracker Jack let alone 5 weeks! :eek: :D

Prester John likes this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    It's a harsh schedule! :eek: ;)

Half/Stop and Prester John like this.
  18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    It's been a while since we saw Arthur here ;) :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Carrying my Ashley's Choice today (shown with a couple of the treasures Randy @r redden sent me recently) :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Jack, your Ashley's Choice is hands down a beauty my friend! :thumbsup: :) Super thoughtful package you received from Randy! :D This one from Oakedge is one of my carries for today. Hope all here have a great Tuesday! :D

[​IMG]

TFBraden, JohnDF, Fodderwing and 2 others like this.