Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack, your Ashley's Choice is hands down a beauty my friend! :thumbsup: :) Super thoughtful package you received from Randy! :D This one from Oakedge is one of my carries for today. Hope all here have a great Tuesday! :D

40823985851_015d602886_b.jpg

Thanks a lot Ron, I still haven't got round to filing the kick, I usually carry it in a slip, so the fractionally exposed point hasn't really bothered me :) It is nice to see your Oakedge again, cool slip too :) Have a great day yourself pal :thumbsup:

After having two good strong cups of coffee earlier, I decided to have a light breakfast. After daybreak I stepped outside and it had stopped raining for at least a short period of time. It felt so nice I decided to sit outback for my breakfast. Of course the slicing of two boiled eggs was easily handled by a sharp Lambsfoot! ;)

Disclaimer: No dishes will need to be washed as a result of my actions! :eek: :D

43994976595_1b1cbda227_b_d.jpg

After having two good strong cups of coffee earlier, I decided to have a light breakfast. After daybreak I stepped outside and it had stopped raining for at least a short period of time. It felt so nice I decided to sit outback for my breakfast. Of course the slicing of two boiled eggs was easily handled by a sharp Lambsfoot! ;)

Disclaimer: No dishes will need to be washed as a result of my actions! :eek: :D

Sounds like you are enjoying your retirement Ron :) It has been a gorgeous day here too, I wish I had been able to get out for a hike :thumbsup:

Way to go, Ron, no dishes! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Since my retirement last December it seems that along with vacuuming these are my appointed jobs.
According to the Missus :p

I had a hankering for some peppers, and when I get a craving for healthy food, I usually give into it ;)

I also had a hankering for a glass of wine ;) :D :thumbsup:

Note how the Big 'Un does all the work, and then the AC comes in to steal the glory! :rolleyes: I'm still enjoying using the Big 'Un in the kitchen, and have been impressed with its edge-holding. I sharpened it up only on Sunday, but then spent a couple of hours whittling and scraping a whole load of very hard fat-wood. Didn't seem to blunt the edge though :) Starting to get a bit of colour :thumbsup:

I had a hankering for some peppers, and when I get a craving for healthy food, I usually give into it ;)

Note how the Big 'Un does all the work, and then the AC comes in to steal the glory! :rolleyes: I'm still enjoying using the Big 'Un in the kitchen, and have been impressed with its edge-holding. I sharpened it up only on Sunday, but then spent a couple of hours whittling and scraping a whole load of very hard fat-wood. Didn't seem to blunt the edge though :) Starting to get a bit of colour :thumbsup:

Garlic, peppers, onion, tomatoes (the fungi do not belong!)--what a tasty dinner! And you can't have pasta without wine. Making my mouth water!
And that's an attractive patina on the big'un!

Jack, you're as good as Gordon Ramsay :thumbsup::p
images

haha I'm thinking he is a bit of a bugger :p

I saw a couple of his shows where he goes to America, and supposedly walks into some small-town diner and starts cussing them out, and even though it was clearly stage-managed, you could see folks thinking 'Who the heck is this silly old sod with the dyed hair, tortoise neck, and a leather jacket too small, (and too young) for him?!' o_O :rolleyes:

I'd pay to see that :)

Me too, if Gordon is watching, I'd donate a couple of hundred pounds to charity just for a shot! :D :thumbsup:

A friend of mine is buying a house, place needs a lot of work doing on it, and I said I'd give him a hand tomorrow, so I think I am going to take the Big 'Un out with me :) Sure to come in useful :thumbsup:

I saw a couple of his shows where he goes to America, and supposedly walks into some small-town diner and starts cussing them out, and even though it was clearly stage-managed, you could see folks thinking 'Who the heck is this silly old sod with the dyed hair, tortoise neck, and a leather jacket too small, (and too young) for him?!' o_O :rolleyes:

Me too, if Gordon is watching, I'd donate a couple of hundred pounds to charity just for a shot! :D :thumbsup:
I had to look up Gordon Ramsay. Looks like he's famous. Am I out of touch? I do know who Julia Child and Justin Wilson are.

I had to look up Gordon Ramsay. Looks like he's famous. Am I out of touch? I do know who Julia Child and Justin Wilson are.

Probably less than me my friend! :D My take is that he's some vain posh boy who runs a few restaurants, and enjoys ill-treating his staff. I've heard of Julia Child I think, but no idea who she is, anymore than Justin Wilson. The closest I ever come to 'celebrities' is when I see those stupid magazines they have next to the check-out in the supermarket, and wonder who on earth the characters they have on the cover actually are :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Probably less than me my friend! :D My take is that he's some vain posh boy who runs a few restaurants, and enjoys ill-treating his staff. I've heard of Julia Child I think, but no idea who she is, anymore than Justin Wilson. The closest I ever come to 'celebrities' is when I see those stupid magazines they have next to the check-out in the supermarket, and wonder who on earth the characters they have on the cover actually are :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Don't think I'll seek out Mr Ramsay, and I hate those magazines too!
Julia Child worked for the OSS during and after WWII, and lived in France for awhile. She learned cooking from French chefs, and published a famous book in 1961: "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." She had a cooking show in America in the '60s & '70s--I think it was on "public television." Probably the first of the television cooking shows--and the most famous.
Justin Wilson had a Cajun cooking show in the '70s and maybe into the '80s. Lots of spicy dishes, and he would tell stories and jokes as he cooked.
What can I say? I've always enjoyed cooking and eating good food!

Don't think I'll seek out Mr Ramsay, and I hate those magazines too!
Julia Child worked for the OSS during and after WWII, and lived in France for awhile. She learned cooking from French chefs, and published a famous book in 1961: "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." She had a cooking show in America in the '60s & '70s--I think it was on "public television." Probably the first of the television cooking shows--and the most famous.
Justin Wilson had a Cajun cooking show in the '70s and maybe into the '80s. Lots of spicy dishes, and he would tell stories and jokes as he cooked.
What can I say? I've always enjoyed cooking and eating good food!

They both sound like very decent people :thumbsup:

All I can say is type 'Gordon Ramsay' into a search engine, followed by the expletive of your choice, and you'll find out he is a totally loathsome individual (eg He was charged with Gross Indecency in a Public Toilet in 1993, was exposed for feeding people frozen meals in his posh restaurants in 2009, and failed to pay $2 Million in US taxes in 2010)! :eek: On the other hand, if you do the same with 'Jack Black', you'll get no more than some rantings about a short fat man, who isn't me! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Back