Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I'm so glad I've started following this thread again and being a fan of straight edge blades I fell in love with the lambsfoot when Jack Black Jack Black so kindly gifted my first one. I am concentrating on vintage barlows right now but when I'm satisfied with that collection the lambsfoot will most likely be what I pursue next. I'll be posting this a few places today but here's my latest gift from Jack it's in my pocket today.

mNpCrxy.jpg

Thanks David, I'm afraid I've never been there - Sawley Abbey not Lancashire! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Aye as were such a friendly bunch in Lancashire, we occasionally allow you Tikes 'cross the border. :D
X5SPnSs.jpg

Hope your back is feeling better.

Very enthralling photo, David; thanks! :thumbsup::cool: Do you know where all the stones came from in old buildings like that? Were the stones just lying everywhere, or were they carried in from a quarry, or what?
View attachment 1006431

- GT

Locally quarried shalestone GT. In the mediaeval era the reuse of Roman stone wasn't unknown but this was all quarried anew. Most quarries for buildings like that were relatively close to the building but occasionally they were further away. The limestone for the building of York Minster and other ecclesiastical buildings in York (13-15th century) came from quarries over 13 miles away and was then transported by barge up the River Ouse.
Great shot on your laptop there :thumbsup:

View attachment 1006569
Toting the stag today! Have a good weekend gents.

What a great trio shot :thumbsup:

Ix4Lvkh.jpg

Thanks again Jack. I need to get a few minutes to flush it, sand the spring a little and make it carry for me. This will undoubtedly go in my rotation. It's just right!!!

Looking forward to seeing more of it - and you - Alan :) :thumbsup:

Wonderful Stag on that one my friend.

Thank you very much :) :thumbsup:

This https://imgur.com/M9AJl4r

Hope this worked? Here are the rest except Rosie

Great to see those my friend :thumbsup: I think Imgur (which I have been using myself the past few days) will give you to code, so the link displays as a photo :thumbsup:

Racing stripes suntan - I hadn't even considered that advantage! :D:thumbsup: I'd appreciate pics of your wedding waistcoat with or without braces! :thumbsup::cool:;) Thanks for the Otis Redding link. :)

I'm hoping to get the waistcoat tomorrow, but purchased some braces yesterday - I'll post a pic of them later GT :thumbsup:

AC could stand for Ashley's Camouflage, Jack; fascinating pic! :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks my friend :D :thumbsup:

I really like the background vista in your shot, Jack! :thumbsup::cool: I hope you can get relief from the back pain ASAP. :( My excitement this weekend will revolve around not losing any socks during laundering!! :p:rolleyes:

Thanks again pal! :D :thumbsup:

Cool pic GT :cool: :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1006569
Toting the stag today! Have a good weekend gents.

Very nice Joshua, you too my friend :thumbsup:

I'm so glad I've started following this thread again and being a fan of straight edge blades I fell in love with the lambsfoot when Jack Black Jack Black so kindly gifted my first one. I am concentrating on vintage barlows right now but when I'm satisfied with that collection the lambsfoot will most likely be what I pursue next. I'll be posting this a few places today but here's my latest gift from Jack it's in my pocket today.

mNpCrxy.jpg

Great to have you back Randy :) :thumbsup:

Aye as were such a friendly bunch in Lancashire, we occasionally allow you Tikes 'cross the border. :D
X5SPnSs.jpg

Hope your back is feeling better.

Locally quarried shalestone GT. In the mediaeval era the reuse of Roman stone wasn't unknown but this was all quarried anew. Most quarries for buildings like that were relatively close to the building but occasionally they were further away. The limestone for the building of York Minster and other ecclesiastical buildings in York (13-15th century) came from quarries over 13 miles away and was then transported by barge up the River Ouse.
Great shot on your laptop there :thumbsup:

What a great trio shot :thumbsup:

Ix4Lvkh.jpg

LOL! :D Thanks mate, nice to see you're keeping hydrated ;) :D :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend Guardians.View attachment 1006711 John Maleham

Beautiful photo Dwight, you've really captured it nicely :thumbsup:

Out for a hike in the woods with this stag Wright model keeping me company. Cool fall air, beautiful turning colors, and a proper knife makes for a good day!!!

View attachment 1006761

That sounds like a great day out my friend, and a lovely pic of your Ashley's Choice :) :thumbsup:

Thank you dc50, it is easier to take a decent picture when you have a good model to work with. :)

I don't think you have ever showed a photo here, which wasn't superb :) :thumbsup:

This bratwurst on a cheesy prezel stick (with jalapeños for good measure) didn’t really need to be cut in half, but why not? My lambsfoot could use some exercise. :D

UvXD3nqh.jpg

Why not indeed Greg? :D ;) :thumbsup:

Some excellent Guardians music for a Saturday night :thumbsup::D:p:

- GT

LOL! Great find GT :D :D :thumbsup:

This has escaped my notice before. Is this a Wright? What wood is that?

Picked it up off the exchange from another forum member. Ironwood handles and very nicely made.View attachment 1006924

I agree. Must have been the lighting at the time. Here's the pile side in the same light.View attachment 1006928

That's a great-looking knife Dwight :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, the 'Handmade by John Maleham' stuff is just a piece of fraud perpetrated by a UK dealer. John Maleham owns the company, he doesn't make the knives.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :) My hike yesterday was a bit shorter than useful, but the weather was really good for the time of year, and I had a nice day. My back was a constant nuisance, but feels no worse today than it would have if I had stayed in the house I think :)

Few pics from my walk yesterday, including a pint in Blind Jack's in Knaresborough (had to crop the pic as someone 'bombed' it) :thumbsup:

UMmCdgR.jpg

jxCakRV.jpg

CKXD1yf.jpg

0l4LJId.jpg

mSUVUjG.jpg

efWSRmC.jpg

BodwyqC.jpg

EX90Jqb.jpg

EbloFN2.jpg

ikXsrgy.jpg

^ No video games here! :D :thumbsup:

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that you have a restful and relaxed Sunday (fat chance of that here I'm afraid!) :) :thumbsup:

I'm carrying these two today, the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot knives :) :thumbsup:

aovl1Y3.jpg

yoEzbWc.jpg

Back