Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Today is all about staying in where it’s warm and dry. This 2018 Ebony has been keeping me company! :)

29843525047_786769ebaf_o_d.jpg

Looking good Ron, you take a great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

It is weird, this has happened to me a couple times now. I log back in and see a post I thought I posted a day or two before just sitting there in the post box like I never posted it. I probably just forgot to hit the post button. o_O:rolleyes::D

"Life" is conspiring against my participating much on The Porch this week. The latest "bump in the road" was unexpected laser surgery for a retinal tear and I'm not supposed to do "unnecessary" reading for a few days.

So just stopping by to report that my Lambsfoot for this week is my Cracker Jack. One knife, two distinct sides:
View attachment 1032384

View attachment 1032385

- GT

Gary, I also missed this. I hope you get back to your normal life asap.
Until then, I will make all posts to you in this easy to read old guy text. ;):p:D

Sheffield was known as 'Little Chicago' at one time - a lot of violence and gang warfare, but relatively few fatalities though :thumbsup:
Your post made me curious how my city is rating in crime these days. My little city gets referred to as "home of the handguns" by more than a few. It looks like I could move almost anywhere else in the U.S. and have a lower crime rate. In truth, I don't think it is all that bad and there is much good ...like tacos....and tacos....Did I mention that we have really good tacos?
46184832372_384452ce20.jpg

Looking as good as ever Kevin :) :thumbsup:
She's a looker. Sometimes I think Betty gets a little jealous of her younger and more flamboyant sister. ;):D

Yeah, much the same here Ron, though it did briefly stop raining a couple of times :rolleyes: Nice Stag Saturday choice my friend :)

Called in for a coffee in cafe-bar while visiting the nearby town of Harrogate :thumbsup:

o3jDyWW.jpg
That AC is looking sharp. :thumbsup:
Now I want coffee and cookies!

To continue the somewhat strange food and Lambsfoot theme, I present to you Carnitas Tacos with soft boiled egg.... It was too late for breakfast and to early for lunch. ;):D

46100522522_a559bd512b_h.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black I’m checking up on some of the things I missed while I was awol. I just realized we are in the midst of a history making contest. My guess for reaching our 500th page will be Christmas Eve, 12/24/18. I’m the very proud owner of a couple of the 2018 Ebony’s so I will probably choose a 2019 model if I am so fortunate as to be a winner! :thumbsup::D

As usual, a fantastic photo of your lambsfoot, Dwight; I really like the rosewood models! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

As for "wizard of odds", after lengthy and laborious calculations, I chose my birthday! :rolleyes::p:D

- GT
Thanks GT. Oh well, we're all throwing darts. Very glad to hear you are doing well after the eye procedure. If you're not gonna need Kevin's x-large old man font, then just pass it on to me. :D

Thanks for the generosity Jack! Lots of good guesses already. I’m going to go with December 20th since it’s my son’s 8th birthday.

Thanks for the generosity Jack! Lots of good guesses already. I’m going to go with December 20th since it’s my son’s 8th birthday.

Hope he has a very Happy Birthday Joshua :) :thumbsup:

I'll now embark, with firm resolve, on about a week of Guardians catch-up.

A remark from GT is a specialty!
That's a nice thing to write, Joshua.:) I try to be an equal-opportunity remarker who doesn't discriminate - I'm indiscriminate! :rolleyes:

Thanks GT, your kind words are always appreciated my friend, a shame I can't invite you round for a glass of Porter - though, if you came round, we could just walk to the Sam Smith's pub down the road ;) :D I've been enjoying seeing your Black Jack, and am looking forward to seeing its replacement too :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) By now you've seen several pics of (and perhaps read a couple of odes to :p) my Cracker Jack!

Rooster's previous line was addressed to one person: "I aim to kill you in five minutes, Ned...."
Then again, Rooster filled both of his hands. One of filmdom's greatest scenes.
All good points, Vince, and that is definitely a stirring scene! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Boy, time is going fast. Wasn't it Thanksgiving just a few days ago?
NmgbJHD.jpg

Happy Hanukkah, Guardians!
I think I may be just sneaking in under the wire with a Happy Hanukkah wish to you, r8shell. :thumbsup::)

A sampling of some of the stellar stag lambsfoot photos I've savored this week:
... I'm starting off the week with my Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot - always a struggle to keep it out of my pocket! :rolleyes:Have a good week folks :) :thumbsup:

9MXUiGc.jpg

Eye-catching AC and coin combo, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Greg, I've just carried it round the kitchen on my shoulders, singing "For he's a jolly good Lambsfoot..."! :D ;) :thumbsup:
I read your linked post with pride, Jack :cool::cool::thumbsup:, and I read you response to Greg with glee! Wish we had video of that celebration! :p:D:thumbsup:
I've been thinking about KotY for a while, even before you started the thread, and my Cracker Jack is certainly near, if not at, the top of my current list. I hope I won't be perceived as a sycophantic Guardian if that turns out to be my final choice!! :eek:;)

The weather around here is showing it’s pile side today. Hope all you Guardians have a great weekend! :D

45375039902_6b4bceec38_b_d.jpg
Always great to see that stag variant, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Awesome autumnal Ashley's Choice, Dwight! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

A sampling of some of the energizing ebony lambsfoot pics I've admired this week:
I had the good ol' Ebony today. Always a pleasing choice, a very fine knife.

sSxJQbB.jpg
A vibrant variation on your frequent black/red combos, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Morning folks, Friday is here again, and I thought I'd pocket my ebony '18 :) :thumbsup:

dLBdhJX.jpg
Ebony is a no-nonsense cover, but it looks SO distinguished with silver hardware! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning fellow Guardians! :) I have this 2018 Ebony in my pocket today. :thumbsup:
41553909470_34b1900a6e_b_d.jpg
Welcome back to the line of duty, Guardian Ron!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Exquisite ebony!

Good morning, Guardians! My ebony '18 is looking better than ever. ;)

g6YlPYi.jpg
RALF is definitely rockin', Jeff! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

A selection of some of the radiant rosewood lambsfoot posts I've reveled in this week:
Good Morning Jack and fellow Guardians, today's carry is Little Red :)
View attachment 1031491
Ok that one has a mighty fine looking wood grain. :thumbsup: What I noticed about the Rosewood models is that they are chamfered I think thats the word :confused: which lets them mold nicer to the grip. Also lighter in weight, the wood kinda reminds me of some of the old-time Churches, Schools, and Mercantile buildings. It just feels like home. :thumbsup::D
Little Red is incredibly handsome, Dave, and your second post is incredibly articulate! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: My rosewood lambsfoot was my Knife of the Year for 2017, and it's still my favorite lambsfoot (although the little stag Cracker Jack is coming on strong ;)).

A comprehensive catalog of the "I carry a lambsfoot" campaign contributions I've contemplated this week:
I carry a lambsfoot . . .

31212011057_526d4a5ddb_b.jpg

. . . because it helps me cut corners.

How 'bout you?

31212132367_5272fe6481_b.jpg

Pile side.
:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Grand grooves on the pile side stag, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I carry a Lambsfoot...

CyGYx9b.jpg

Because there's always SOMETHING needs unboxing! :thumbsup:

How 'bout you
:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What sort of little pot have you unboxed there, Jack?

I carry a Lambsfoot...

8cYfyPh.jpg

Because it's nice to share :)

How 'bout you?
:thumbsup::cool::cool: Sharing confections of some kind? Is that an ebony, or a rosewood, lambsfoot doing the honors?

I carry a Lambsfoot...

VDRYko6.jpg

Because I need some sunshine in my pocket ;) :thumbsup:

How 'bout you?
That one STILL takes my breath away, Jack! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I carry a Lambsfoot...

vC4Jks3.jpg

Because a pie and a pint in The Fat Cat wouldn't be the same without one ;) :thumbsup:

https://www.thefatcat.co.uk/
:cool::thumbsup::cool: Hmm, how long until I may eat another meal??? ;):p Is the knife one of the Midnight Specials? :confused:

I carry a Lambsfoot...

XWFvHTG.jpg

To open my Christmas cards :) :thumbsup:

How 'bout you?
:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A few of my favorite fotos of 'foots for this half-fortnight:
Pulchritudinous pile side, Vince, and a fascinating background vista! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My Lambsfoot felt at home.
View attachment 1031912
Sublime seasonal pic, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Things have changed a fair bit in the past 50 years or so, not always for the good.
But the good news is the Lambsfoot Express is on its way! :D
View attachment 1033240
Incredible pic, Dave!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool: How did you make Santa's sign? :D:p:thumbsup:

G' mornin' my fellow Guardians.
45427233924_fef42c6dbf_h.jpg

Off to work I go.
Horn of Plenty, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for your compliments, concerns, and random comments:
Might fine photos of your Cracker Jack Gary :thumbsup::)
Thanks, Dave. :) I might have more photos of my Cracker Jack than I have of any other single knife! :eek::p

5K Qs 5K Qs - Gary I'm wishing you heal quickly from the eye procedure.
Great pics all. :)View attachment 1032951
LOL! :D Very good GT, great pics too my friend. Hope you're sleeping better and off restrictions soon :) :thumbsup:
I don't know how I missed this! I hope your healing process proceeds well, Gary! I bet you really miss reading. I look forwardto your return to your usual self.
Thanks, Dwight & Jack & Dean. :) I'm back to normal activities now, and everything seems on schedule for the cataract surgery I've been planning for January for a long time. The reading restrictions were definitely the hardest to comply with, but I hated to miss one of my basketball sessions, too. Fortunately, a knife order came in early in the week to distract me through the brief recuperation. ;):thumbsup:

Love it... Jack's Jack and Jacks.
:D:p:D:thumbsup: Good one, John!

Cracker Jack's last day in my pocket until 4 weeks from now:
cj.pile.patina.leafcart.jpg

- GT

Mammoth post GT :) Thanks for all the kind comments my friend :) :thumbsup:

I read your linked post with pride, Jack :cool::cool::thumbsup:, and I read you response to Greg with glee! Wish we had video of that celebration! :p:D:thumbsup:
I've been thinking about KotY for a while, even before you started the thread, and my Cracker Jack is certainly near, if not at, the top of my current list. I hope I won't be perceived as a sycophantic Guardian if that turns out to be my final choice!! :eek:;)

Definitely not GT :D I think the contributions to this year's KOTY thread are better than ever, some great knives posted in it :) :thumbsup:

:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What sort of little pot have you unboxed there, Jack?

It's a 750ml Lixada titanium camping pot/mug GT, I have a titanium Toaks twig stove that fits inside just nicely, and a wee 220ml titanium cup which fits inside that. Whole thing weighs next to nothing :) With all my aches and pains, I'm having to think about the weight I carry! :rolleyes:

:thumbsup::cool::cool: Sharing confections of some kind? Is that an ebony, or a rosewood, lambsfoot doing the honors?

:cool::thumbsup::cool: Hmm, how long until I may eat another meal??? ;):p Is the knife one of the Midnight Specials? :confused:

The first is my rosewood Big 'Un my friend, the second my ebony '18 (I gave my Midnight Special to Gary @Peregrin ) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dwight & Jack & Dean. :) I'm back to normal activities now, and everything seems on schedule for the cataract surgery I've been planning for January for a long time. The reading restrictions were definitely the hardest to comply with, but I hated to miss one of my basketball sessions, too. Fortunately, a knife order came in early in the week to distract me through the brief recuperation. ;):thumbsup:

That's good to hear :) I spoke to Stan Shaw earlier, and he's recently had cataract surgery, and is recovering well :thumbsup:

View attachment 1034981

A particularly attractive pile-side pic :) I will miss Cracker Jack, but look forward to seeing his Lambie replacement ;) :thumbsup:

Always great to see that stag variant, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Welcome back to the line of duty, Guardian Ron!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Exquisite ebony!

cj-pile-patina-leafcart-jpg.1034981
Thank you Gary! Your Cracker Jack is certainly one of the nicest of the Ashley’s Choice Sambar LF. I don’t know that I could go 4 weeks without dropping that one in my pocket! :thumbsup: ;)

Little Red is incredibly handsome, Dave, and your second post is incredibly articulate! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: My rosewood lambsfoot was my Knife of the Year for 2017, and it's still my favorite lambsfoot (although the little stag Cracker Jack is coming on strong ;)).
I know what you are saying the AC is hard to put down, but the rosewood is still my favorite. kinda like we have a brand new Nissan, but I love driving the old 91 Sentra for around town duties. I don't have to park a mile away from the store for fear it will get a door ding.:rolleyes:

Incredible pic, Dave!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool: How did you make Santa's sign? :D:p:thumbsup:
My Missus, Linda is the creator of all my widgets and nick nacks. She belongs to the art guild which makes for a colorful interior of our home.:D

Thanks, Dave. :) I might have more photos of my Cracker Jack than I have of any other single knife! :eek::p
I can see why its a darn good looking Lambsfoot.:thumbsup:

upload_2018-12-9_17-31-40.jpeg :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back