Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Morning Guardians :) Hope everyone had a great weekend :thumbsup:

I'm starting off the week with some ebony :thumbsup:

ce7SgL4.jpg

Looking good there Jack! :thumbsup: The 18 Ebony’s are a treasure! I know I’m darn proud of mine! :) I started my week off with this Rosewood Bigun. It’s destined to slice my apple at lunch which will probably be the extent of its duties for today! Have a great week my friend! :)

31462408278_f334dedd8a_b_d.jpg

Looking good there Jack! :thumbsup: The 18 Ebony’s are a treasure! I know I’m darn proud of mine! :) I started my week off with this Rosewood Bigun. It’s destined to slice my apple at lunch which will probably be the extent of its duties for today! Have a great week my friend! :)

Thanks a lot Ron, great start to the week my friend, I hope it's a good one for you too :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Jack and fellow Guardians! My AC Lambsfoot is getting itself ready for the big day,opening presents. :p:D
View attachment 1034600
Beautiful stag lambsfoot, Dave! You are on a roll with the quality of your photos lately!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Very stylish my friend, I can picture you striding across a Highland moor, in full plaid, with Lambsfoot in hand! ;) :) :thumbsup:
Will you post that picture please, Jack? :p:thumbsup:

I still haven't found Dad's tin of clay marbles. They're bound to be in a box in the garage. Can't find my book on marble games either, which must be on a shelf in the basement. I haven't had the books sorted by subject for a couple of moves.
I took this picture to make up for the one where you could barely see the lambsfoot in front of the Bud clock.
vzMMJMD.jpg

Then I dropped the knife and it started acting deuced peculiarly. First it closed on the middle of the liner, but maybe I pushed it over closing it with one hand, because it didn't do that again. Then it got very hard and gritty to open and close, and I could see some tiny bits of steel under the tang.
So I worked it with dish detergent and ran it under water a few times and PB Blasted it,then gun-oiled it. It seems fine now.
HoYmMEW.jpg
Glad you eventually tamed that Beast, Jer! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Nice clock! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I was a loyal consumer of fire-brewed Stroh's for quite some time in my youth. I see it's back on the store shelves; I wonder if the current version would fill me with nostalgia and a sense of youth? :confused::rolleyes:

Today is all about staying in where it’s warm and dry. This 2018 Ebony has been keeping me company! :)

29843525047_786769ebaf_o_d.jpg
Excellent ebony, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Did the winter storms affect you, too, there in TN? (Congrats on the UTK basketball win over Gonzaga! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:)

Gary, I also missed this. I hope you get back to your normal life asap.
Until then, I will make all posts to you in this easy to read old guy text. ;):p:D

Thanks GT. Oh well, we're all throwing darts. Very glad to hear you are doing well after the eye procedure. If you're not gonna need Kevin's x-large old man font, then just pass it on to me. :D
FBC, you must have been a Boy Scout who earned his Large Font Merit Badge! What a selfless gesture! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup::D Thanks, but I don't need you to take special measures for my benefit anymore. (And Dwight, I've learned that repeated "Command+" applications on my MacBook keyboard will enlarge all kinds of stuff on the screen! :cool::cool::thumbsup:)

Mammoth post GT :) Thanks for all the kind comments my friend :) :thumbsup:
Most of the comments are well-deserved, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Definitely not GT :D I think the contributions to this year's KOTY thread are better than ever, some great knives posted in it :) :thumbsup:
Always a very entertaining thread, Jack; wonderful concept you came up with! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Although you seem to be starting it earlier each year! :eek::rolleyes:)

It's a 750ml Lixada titanium camping pot/mug GT, I have a titanium Toaks twig stove that fits inside just nicely, and a wee 220ml titanium cup which fits inside that. Whole thing weighs next to nothing :) With all my aches and pains, I'm having to think about the weight I carry! :rolleyes:
The first is my rosewood Big 'Un my friend, the second my ebony '18 (I gave my Midnight Special to Gary @Peregrin ) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the ID of your kit, Jack. :cool::thumbsup::cool: I like hiking, but I've never been much for useful equipment. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the knife IDs as well. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I'd probably have correctly guessed the rosewood, but I was sure the gleam on the second one indicated horn instead of ebullient ebony (lack of patina also confused me ;))! :(:cool::thumbsup:

That's good to hear :) I spoke to Stan Shaw earlier, and he's recently had cataract surgery, and is recovering well :thumbsup:
I was wondering if I might be too old to bother with the procedure, but if Mr. Shaw is having the procedure in his 90s, I can justify doing it in my 60s! :thumbsup::D:cool:

A particularly attractive pile-side pic :) I will miss Cracker Jack, but look forward to seeing his Lambie replacement ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. One last pic of Cracker Jack (unless he shows up as a free choice knife in the next month):
CJ.pile.boxonside.jpg

That Cracker Jack is the crackers, GT!!:thumbsup:
Here are a couple of tribute pictures to our Guardian of Guardians, as I reorganize some of my collection (and send off an extra!;)).
Well done, Jack, and thanks!!
View attachment 1034992 View attachment 1034993 View attachment 1034994
From last Christmas!!:thumbsup:
Thanks for noticing, Charlie! :) That is a high-quality quintet of various lambsfoots you've posted; thanks! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Gary! Your Cracker Jack is certainly one of the nicest of the Ashley’s Choice Sambar LF. I don’t know that I could go 4 weeks without dropping that one in my pocket! :thumbsup: ;)
Thanks for the effusive praise, Ron. :) Supposedly, following my predetermined schedule will help me build character! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup: (Or do you think it's too late for that?? :p)

I know what you are saying the AC is hard to put down, but the rosewood is still my favorite. kinda like we have a brand new Nissan, but I love driving the old 91 Sentra for around town duties. I don't have to park a mile away from the store for fear it will get a door ding.:rolleyes:

My Missus, Linda is the creator of all my widgets and nick nacks. She belongs to the art guild which makes for a colorful interior of our home.:D

I can see why its a darn good looking Lambsfoot.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1035074 :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for your thoughtful and informative replies, Dave. :) (Do you think the Cracker Jack kid and dog are the same as for Buster Brown shoes??? ;);))

...I started my week off with this Rosewood Bigun. It’s destined to slice my apple at lunch which will probably be the extent of its duties for today! Have a great week my friend! :)

Resplendent rosewood, Ron!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Good morning all. Fine looking lambs Jack and Ron. I'll carry this one today. Have a great week Guardians.View attachment 1035297
[/QUOTE]
Yet another magnificent pic, Dwight! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Your stag almost looks like it has made off with a bunch of Alan's @joeradza sea shells! ;):D

For me this week, it's my Lam Jack in a pocket:
jan18.gl.pile.patina.jpg

- GT

Excellent ebony, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Did the winter storms affect you, too, there in TN? (Congrats on the UTK basketball win over Gonzaga! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:)

Resplendent rosewood, Ron!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the LF compliments Gary! That was a great game against the Zags! They moved up to #3. They should have beat Kansas which would have made them #1. If they can stay injury free it should be a great season! :thumbsup::D

(And Dwight, I've learned that repeated "Command+" applications on my MacBook keyboard will enlarge all kinds of stuff on the screen!
Well I'll be dog! Dang if it ain't so! I use a MacBook Pro and sure enough you speak truth. (see Fred Flintstone with flat rock in lap) Cracker and Lam are looking buff. :D

I carry a lambsfoot, because the sufganiyot were huge! :D
wB3WWiZ.jpg

That IS huge! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Good evening, Guardians.

A beautiful day today and a perfect one to carry the AC (actually every day is a perfect day for that :D).

d3wFX28.jpg

Beautiful photo Dylan :thumbsup:

Will you post that picture please, Jack? :p:thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Most of the comments are well-deserved, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Always a very entertaining thread, Jack; wonderful concept you came up with! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Although you seem to be starting it earlier each year! :eek::rolleyes:)

Thanks my friend :) I posted the thread on December 3rd last year, December 5th in 2016, December 4th this year :thumbsup:

Thanks for the ID of your kit, Jack. :cool::thumbsup::cool: I like hiking, but I've never been much for useful equipment. :rolleyes:

I was a professional outdoor equipment reviewer (gear junkie) for years GT! :D Now, I compensate for my declining abilities with 'kit'! :rolleyes: I used to be able to walk 40 miles with a 60ib pack, now I'm looking at shaving off as much weight from my pack as I can! :D :thumbsup:

I was wondering if I might be too old to bother with the procedure, but if Mr. Shaw is having the procedure in his 90s, I can justify doing it in my 60s! :thumbsup::D:cool:

Definitely GT :thumbsup: I think my granny was in her 80's when she had the op, and it made a world of difference to her :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. One last pic of Cracker Jack (unless he shows up as a free choice knife in the next month):
View attachment 1035649

Great pic GT :thumbsup:

For me this week, it's my Lam Jack in a pocket:
View attachment 1035655

- GT

Welcome back Lam Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Please count me in Jack : Knife content is a couple of TEW's

And the modern version of our Tartan

Harry

Great pics, and a fine tartan Harry, but you need to pick a date for the giveaway my friend :thumbsup:

Yep !!! Similar but not the same .

Harry

The auld clan rivalries run deep! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Uhhhh December 19th still open for guessing?

Don't have any new lambsfoot pictures to post today. I promise I will tomorrow.

Yep, all dates are still open Taylor :) Congratulations to you and the missus on the birth of your baby girl :) Hope all's going well for my friend :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back