Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

A well-guarded Lambsfoot Kevin, great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:
She puts the "Guard" in Guardians. :rolleyes::D

One of my favorite scenes...one I'm sure my wife would like to copy during my 2:00AM picking!
Hey, try not plugging in to the amps next time. ;):D

I love sing alongs, Kevin, great Lambsfoot the horn is special.
Me too! Do you happen to know any Insect Warfare? ;)
Click the video at your own risk. :D
@r8shell Hey, they're from Texas! Not quite Stevie Ray Vaughn but .....

Now for some Lambfoot.
40133448993_b83b547c30_h.jpg

Good morning Guardians! :)

44183198575_9a15811cb4_b_d.jpg

Nice Ron :) :thumbsup:

Very nice sir! I think your knife is between Nature Boy and btb01 in the group shot? If you wish to confirm Jack will update the group pic. :)

UjcQRwF.jpg

Thank you for your help with this my friend :) :thumbsup:

0NdVEWv.jpg

Good Morning Guardians
It's finally Friday, can't wait for the weekend...
I have all next week off and I can carry my Lambsfoot every day and all day.

That sounds like the makings of a great week John :) :thumbsup:

Despite my best intentions this thread is proving hard to stay caught up with! It's exciting to see all the 2019 Guardians editions showing up. They turned out marvelously. :thumbsup:

I had a close call with my usual lambsfoot the other day. I was pulling my jeans from a locker at the gym and heard the light clink of my Fisher Space Pen hitting the tile floor. It rides along side my pocket knife in my right front pocket. Before I could react, the light clink was followed by a heavier thud as the lambsfoot landed. :eek:

I was expecting to find chipped horn or a dented bolster, but I couldn't find any signs of damage. I really lucked out there. I'll definitely be more careful in the future.

I hope everyone else is doing well, has a great weekend, and is able to avoid precarious drops of their favorite pocket cutlery. ;)

Yikes! :eek: Lucky escape Greg :thumbsup:

Oh, the Sheffield cutlers don't care, they're still making Push Daggers there (illegal in the UK since the 1980's)! :eek: Barrett, that is one UGLY knife! You have the skills of a Bond villain my friend! :D :thumbsup:

That's funny, Jack! Who knew Sheffield cutlers were such scofflaws? :D

It is quite ugly, isn't it? ;) :cool:

:D:D:D Can I please copy this over to my Photoshop thread? lol well done!

You're welcome to do whatever you'd like with it. :thumbsup:

Coming on with truly ghastly promise :D I think the bolster needs some horrible turning or etching though, soon qualified to become a new pattern : Real S'''e Head :eek:;):cool::D:D

How about a blue anodized aluminum bolster.

I'm not going to lie, I've avoided messing around the bolster because the reflections and various angles make it difficult to work with.

Very well done. But, I would get rid of the thumb stud as those aren't really allowed to be in the Traditional Forum. I'd hate to see you get 'dinged' just for having a little fun.

To be honest, I've messed around with layers and saved so many versions of that image (each time I added something else awful) that I'm not sure I could easily remove the thumb stud without having to redo all the other stuff. Best I can do it censor it. :D

Needs jimping.

Done. :thumbsup:

(I added some flames, too, for good measure.)

QcgPmvN.jpg

I was in the UK the other day(online:)) looking at what was available in the lambsfoot dept. I came across this oddity, and it wasn’t very expensive, so I said “Why not.” It’s from Joseph Rodgers and claimed to have a carbon steel blade with stainless covers. I even emailed them and they assured me that it was. I just received the knife and the blade is marked Stainless Steel and favors one side(no rubs) I was disappointed and politely emailed my contact as to my dissapointment.

That was my first impression. After playing with it, I grew rather fond of it. It’s very thin, and because it’s inexpensive, I don’t have to worry about playing rough with it. I simply rinse, dry, and oil it. It will make a great food knife. It’s not and ooh and ahh knife. Just a fun thing.
D5A5A875-D3F6-46BC-BF61-07A36EB5F845_zpsgfmmk6rg.jpeg

499A8F53-2D87-43AC-9C67-9408C3CF2F6F_zpsswv7ivqp.jpeg

Interesting knife! Seems odd that they went with brass pins, though.

Jack Black Jack Black - Great knives Jack ... these ironwoods are proving to be beyond all expectations. Gonna be a hard act to follow my friend. :)

Thanks Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Oh, I've known some right rogues in the cutlery trade! :rolleyes: I was once in one workshop, and two absolute scoundrels, who were well known to the cutlers, walked in with a deactivated MAT49 SMG, and I don't think they'd brought it in for cleaning! :eek:

Barrett, you are a sick puppy! :D

It is quite ugly, isn't it? ;) :cool:

You're welcome to do whatever you'd like with it. :thumbsup:

I'm not going to lie, I've avoided messing around the bolster because the reflections and various angles make it difficult to work with.

To be honest, I've messed around with layers and saved so many versions of that image (each time I added something else awful) that I'm not sure I could easily remove the thumb stud without having to redo all the other stuff. Best I can do it censor it. :D

Done. :thumbsup:

(I added some flames, too, for good measure.)

QcgPmvN.jpg

Interesting knife! Seems odd that they went with brass pins, though.
Can the bolster be some anodized titanium or is that asking to much!!! CPM s90v steel too!? Lol

It looks great cigarrodog cigarrodog ! It's the kind of knife you just pick up and use without even noticing it :)
Thank you. Good to know that healing is taken place. Enjoy the sunny garden.

Jack Black Jack Black I woke up this morning to a sincere apology from the representative. He insisted on refunding my purchase, and told me to keep the knife. The repeated lesson for me is to always be polite in expressing your dissapointment.

btb01 btb01 Agreed, but it’s a nice touch.

JTB_5 JTB_5 That’s a beauty.

After a 15 day sojourn my lamb arrived in her new home. Beautiful knife with a ferocious snap. I like a ferocious snap. :D
Here is a not-so-great pic of the mark side. It is raining today. The pile side is very dark. Thank you very much Jack for all your tireless work. These knives are worth waiting for! :)
fullsizeoutput_ff2.jpeg I'm pretty sure this one is mine Jack.fullsizeoutput_ff1.jpeg

Amazing stout. An even better knife. Can't complain!
...and a terrific photo!
I was in the UK the other day(online:)) looking at what was available in the lambsfoot dept. I came across this oddity,
Harvey, That had a an ideal ending. Yes it does pay to be civil:thumbsup:
It was a reference to Valentine's Day Preston, I don't understand it either! ;)

Excellent pic there :thumbsup:
I'm missing my Ironwood '19 Thought I'd slip this one in my pocket :thumbsup:

WfRONYp.jpg
Thanks, Jack, I'd be missing it too. But...that is an acceptable replacement:D
Good Morning Guardians
It's finally Friday, can't wait for the weekend...
I have all next week off and I can carry my Lambsfoot every day and all day.
Have a great week, John.
Me too! Do you happen to know any Insect Warfare? ;)
Click the video at your own risk. :D
Never heard of them, but, I think some DD4 would be in order! I could only take 78 seconds of that sound track:(

Now for some Lambfoot.
40133448993_b83b547c30_h.jpg
That is a great looker, never tire of seeing it...much different than the way I feel about Insect Warfare:D
I carry a lambsfoot...
full

...because it all adds up. Well that's what I get when stuck to a desk today...
No calculated risk carrying that one!

After a 15 day sojourn my lamb arrived in her new home. Beautiful knife with a ferocious snap. I like a ferocious snap. :D
Here is a not-so-great pic of the mark side. It is raining today. The pile side is very dark. Thank you very much Jack for all your tireless work. These knives are worth waiting for! :)
View attachment 1073694
Congrats on a beautiful example Dwight! They’re well worth the wait! :thumbsup: :D

Jack Black Jack Black I woke up this morning to a sincere apology from the representative. He insisted on refunding my purchase, and told me to keep the knife. The repeated lesson for me is to always be polite in expressing your dissapointment.

Gratifying news, I'm very pleased to hear that :) I couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

I think not every vendor knows that high carbon stainless is different from carbon.

I think you're right Jer :rolleyes:

I carry a lambsfoot...
full

...because it all adds up. Well that's what I get when stuck to a desk today...

That's a great pic, love those stripes :cool: I think Ashley did a great job of the bolsters, despite being filed by hand, they seem to be extremely consistent :thumbsup:

View attachment 1073694 I'm pretty sure this one is mine Jack.View attachment 1073695

Your patience has paid off Dwight ;) With your superb photography skills, I think we are all going to be for some wonderful pics :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack, I'd be missing it too. But...that is an acceptable replacement:D

Thank you Preston :) :thumbsup:

Excellent pic of your ebony '18 Dave :thumbsup:

Back