Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

No calculated risk carrying that one!

That's awesome @pjsjr! :D

Dave, I think you must've hiccuped there because those two should not be uttered in the same breath. o_O Dwight's in a rarefied league, but I appreciate the sentiments. :D Which leads me to ask you if you have an art book or what? Your lamb has perched atop many a fine scene.

Fodderwing Fodderwing , glad it has arrived and I am already anticipating the glamour shots!

That's awesome @pjsjr! :D

Dave, I think you must've hiccuped there because those two should not be uttered in the same breath. o_O Dwight's in a rarefied league, but I appreciate the sentiments. :D Which leads me to ask you if you have an art book or what? Your lamb has perched atop many a fine scene.

Fodderwing Fodderwing , glad it has arrived and I am already anticipating the glamour shots!
Yes, I agree Dwight is one of the photo masters, but I'm sure whether you and I are using an old Brownie camera or the latest pic puncher he, as well as many others, appreciate everyone's efforts. :cool: My wife Linda is a local artist and these are from her collection, I did one or two and said hey! they make my Lambsfoot look good. :thumbsup::p

That's a great pic, love those stripes :cool: I think Ashley did a great job of the bolsters, despite being filed by hand, they seem to be extremely consistent :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack! From the pictures these do seem pretty consistent. One of mine has a slight nick in it which I at first was sad about...but just like a new pair of boots I'd add my own scuff soon enough. You keep saying lambfoot's want to work so after working the action over several days to smooth it out I put it to work with a touched-up edge. Of course my work is pretty light urban fare... Thanks again for your efforts and of course tip-of-the-hat to Ashley.

Yes, I agree Dwight is one of the photo masters, but I'm sure whether you and I are using an old Brownie camera or the latest pic puncher he, as well as many others, appreciate everyone's efforts. :cool: My wife Linda is a local artist and these are from her collection, I did one or two and said hey! they make my Lambsfoot look good. :thumbsup::p
Ohhhh now I am even more impressed! Tell her she does fantastic work! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you. Good to know that healing is taken place. Enjoy the sunny garden.

Jack Black Jack Black I woke up this morning to a sincere apology from the representative. He insisted on refunding my purchase, and told me to keep the knife. The repeated lesson for me is to always be polite in expressing your dissapointment.

@btb01 Agreed, but it’s a nice touch.

JTB_5 JTB_5 That’s a beauty.

Thanks!

After a 15 day sojourn my lamb arrived in her new home. Beautiful knife with a ferocious snap. I like a ferocious snap. :D
Here is a not-so-great pic of the mark side. It is raining today. The pile side is very dark. Thank you very much Jack for all your tireless work. These knives are worth waiting for! :)
View attachment 1073694 I'm pretty sure this one is mine Jack.View attachment 1073695

That knife has great dark character. You could get mesmerized following those alternating streaks of light and dark.

Before I could react, the light clink was followed by a heavier thud as the lambsfoot landed. :eek:
Honorary novice BOF?? ;)
After a 15 day sojourn my lamb arrived in her new home. Beautiful knife with a ferocious snap. I like a ferocious snap. :D
Here is a not-so-great pic of the mark side. It is raining today. The pile side is very dark. Thank you very much Jack for all your tireless work. These knives are worth waiting for! :)
View attachment 1073694
Grats. Nice one :thumbsup:

Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful Ironwood.
Thank you sir.

peanutsxx peanutsxx and Fodderwing Fodderwing both you boys are rocking it
Thanks Dave.

Gorgeous wood there, Dwight...are we going to get photos of it and AC, together?
Thank you and you bet!

Congrats on a beautiful example Dwight! They’re well worth the wait
Thank you Ron and I agree.

Your patience has paid off Dwight ;) With your superb photography skills, I think we are all going to be for some wonderful pics
Thank you Jack for the kind words.

Fodderwing Fodderwing , glad it has arrived and I am already anticipating the glamour shots
Thank you. :)

I believe this maybe a lambsfoot
That is a very cool lambsfoot!

Yes, I agree Dwight is one of the photo masters, but I'm sure whether you and I are using an old Brownie camera or the latest pic puncher he, as well as many others, appreciate everyone's efforts. :cool: My wife Linda is a local artist and these are from her collection, I did one or two and said hey! they make my Lambsfoot look good.
Thank you kindly Dave. I am very impressed with your wife's work. Have really enjoyed see pics you've posted.

That knife has great dark character. You could get mesmerized following those alternating streaks of light and dark.
Thanks Joshua. Yes I agree about the character on all of these ironwoods. :cool:

Good morning Guardians! :)

44183198575_9a15811cb4_b_d.jpg

Kinda reminds me of GEC’s Primitive Bone. Looks like a gem and I’m sure it feels great in hand. Thanks for showing it!

Thank you, Jack, I still can't get over how much I love the Lambsfoot. :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Seize the day, seize the Lambsfoot my friend! :D :thumbsup:

I believe this maybe a lambsfoot

View attachment 1073717

I believe it may be! :eek: Please tell us more about it :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack! From the pictures these do seem pretty consistent. One of mine has a slight nick in it which I at first was sad about...but just like a new pair of boots I'd add my own scuff soon enough. You keep saying lambfoot's want to work so after working the action over several days to smooth it out I put it to work with a touched-up edge. Of course my work is pretty light urban fare... Thanks again for your efforts and of course tip-of-the-hat to Ashley.

Sorry to hear about the nick :( :thumbsup:

Ohhhh now I am even more impressed! Tell her she does fantastic work! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup:

Despite my best intentions this thread is proving hard to stay caught up with! It's exciting to see all the 2019 Guardians editions showing up. They turned out marvelously. :thumbsup:

I had a close call with my usual lambsfoot the other day. I was pulling my jeans from a locker at the gym and heard the light clink of my Fisher Space Pen hitting the tile floor. It rides along side my pocket knife in my right front pocket. Before I could react, the light clink was followed by a heavier thud as the lambsfoot landed. :eek:

I was expecting to find chipped horn or a dented bolster, but I couldn't find any signs of damage. I really lucked out there. I'll definitely be more careful in the future.

I hope everyone else is doing well, has a great weekend, and is able to avoid precarious drops of their favorite pocket cutlery. ;)
I'm glad there was no damage. I've dropped a knife a few times, and lucked out.
Me too! Do you happen to know any Insect Warfare? ;)
Click the video at your own risk. :D

r8shell r8shell Hey, they're from Texas! Not quite Stevie Ray Vaughn but .....
They're from Texas, huh? I listened to a few seconds of it, but it made me too nostalgic for when I lived in Dallas. The downstairs neighbor was an artist who used to cut sheet metal with a band-saw. :D It took me right back...good times. :p

That sounds like the makings of a great week John

Hope you have a great week off John

Have a great week, John.

Thanks all, I hope it will e good too. However, my wife has to work all week which usually results in a long "Honey-Do" list.

View attachment 1073694 I'm pretty sure this one is mine Jack.View attachment 1073695
Nice one Dwight!!!

Back