Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Wow,I managed to snag a res. for a 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot!
So happy!
88b2dc3b4dcd22ab5158b7e88cb2fee7.gif

I originally passed when Jack said he could squeeze me in, but the rat tailed bolsters, the etch on the blade and that beautiful Ironwood y'all have been showing off so shamelessly convinced me I'd be sorry if I didn't jump on the chance.
Thanks again for the second chance Mr. Black!
(and the rest of you shameless enablers ;))

Wow,I managed to snag a res. for a 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot!
So happy!
88b2dc3b4dcd22ab5158b7e88cb2fee7.gif

I originally passed when Jack said he could squeeze me in, but the rat tailed bolsters, the etch on the blade and that beautiful Ironwood y'all have been showing off so shamelessly convinced me I'd be sorry if I didn't jump on the chance.
Thanks again for the second chance Mr. Black!
(and the rest of you shameless enablers ;))
Congrats, Mykel! Look forward to your photos when you get it!

Gettin some here in Coarsegold, too! Only about 2" since around 8:30 this am. Starting to melt off, already :thumbsup:. Hate that shovel :eek:
View attachment 1075249
We got ten years worth of snow in a weeks time up here in the PNW.
I even had to buy a snow shovel for the first time in my life and must say I loved it for clearing paths to my truck and around the house.
My back on the other hand didn't care for the shoveling in the least.:rolleyes:
Luckily it's warmed up a bit during the past few days and its melting off slowly but surely.
Spring is just around the corner!:thumbsup:

I actually kinda like those canted blades! Maybe simply because they are not that common...

I've seen far too many! :rolleyes:

Reading through the entire thread I came across several posts mentionning Pere David stag - I had never heard of that species before! Interesting animal, with an interesting history. But I was wondering why Wright used those kind of antlers instead of antlers from red deer? Those can have really interesting textures, even though they are still a lot more porous than Sambar antlers.

Good effort :) I think they use what they can find. The export ban on Sambar hit the Sheffield cutlers hard, and left them searching to find a half-adequate replacement. They could probably have fared better, by consulting the internet for example :rolleyes: Fat chance unfortunately :( I keep hoping things will change :thumbsup:

Here's a photos showing the Pere David stock-pile in the cellar :thumbsup:

OCM3gW9.jpg

That’s a beautiful clean machine, Yorkshire Man!

Mine on a busy Sunday:
xaeAs4z.jpg

Thanks a lot pal, I think you did well to hang onto that one :thumbsup:

I carry a lambsfoot...
View attachment 1075211
...because I saw the light!

How 'bout you?

We've all seen the light now Vince! Nice pic :) :thumbsup:

With regard to Wright quality levels. I was in the Famous Sheffield Shop yesterday and handled about 20 Wright knives. They were all of a good standard of fit and finish. I was really impressed though admittingly I did not look too carefully at the stag as a really don't care for it on a knife handle..

They maintain higher standards than most retailers, but I think the quality of Wright's knives has increased massively over the past ten years :) I just hope a day doesn't come when old guys say, "Wright's? I remember when they produced a good working knife at an inexpensive price, rather than this fancy stuff I can't afford!" :eek: ;)

Gettin some here in Coarsegold, too! Only about 2" since around 8:30 this am. Starting to melt off, already :thumbsup:. Hate that shovel :eek:
View attachment 1075249

That's a great pic OG :thumbsup:

I have to remember to keep one of those tins for myself! :D

Sure is Taylor :) :thumbsup:

They maintain higher standards than most retailers, but I think the quality of Wright's knives has increased massively over the past ten years :) I just hope a day doesn't come when old guys say, "Wright's? I remember when they produced a good working knife at an inexpensive price, rather than this fancy stuff I can't afford!" :eek: ;)
A few of the higher end knives from Weights that I saw yesterday were very, very nice (there was a beautiful snake wood handle one) but you could buy a GEC and have substantial change for that kind of money.

Happy sunday guardians! It's the beginning of my work week :( More of the white stuff falling. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1074988
Lil patina started.
Nice, Taylor, patina is going to further enhance that beauty.
Nice pic Preston :thumbsup:

Wright's have some vintage Sambar laid away for me for a project later in the year ;) :thumbsup:
Thank you...you're going to start the tease already? Just let me know when to send my money!!!
Looking good John :thumbsup: I took this pic for you the other day, but forgot to post it ;) :thumbsup:

CFhPx4i.jpg
That's what you get when you go flying the Shuttle upside down
View attachment 1074995
Have a great day Guardians!
Another great looking Lambsfoot with Stag.
I’m sure it would drive some people crazy, but I love the asymmetrical stag on this one. Makes it melt into my hand!

10n5l03.jpg

90bp1c.jpg

5ov1xy.jpg
Great looking stag, but the asymmetrical part would drive me nuts!
Love the TARDIS! :D And the knife is a guten as well!:thumbsup:

Mine on a busy Sunday:
xaeAs4z.jpg
Drool worthy horn there, Dennis, nice picture.
I carry a lambsfoot...
View attachment 1075211
...because I saw the light!

How 'bout you?
Very good use of the light there, Vince.

View attachment 1075249
OG, nice photo, shows off the great Ironwood on that knife. We had about the same amount yesterday, mostly gone now.
Yep, very nice.
Here's a photos showing the Pere David stock-pile in the cellar :thumbsup:

OCM3gW9.jpg
I'll bet that is a neat place to scavenge around in...no telling what you might find.

Great photo Joshua! :thumbsup::D

Coming along nicely Taylor :thumbsup: Sorry to hear you have to work :( I often work on a Sunday too, but not today :thumbsup:

Superb pile-side pic Joshua :thumbsup:

Thanks John :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.R._&_Quinch

That’s a beautiful clean machine, Yorkshire Man!

@scrteened porch Careful where you sit. Wouldn’t want to hurt that beautiful Rose Beast.

pjsjr pjsjr Looks great in the light.

@JohnDF A perfect Duo.

tmd_87 tmd_87 Love the Patina.

JTB_5 JTB_5 Just Wow!

@draggat What a Jewel.

Thanks guys!

I ended up polishing my AC today because some unknown material was on the blade. Even the polish didn’t get it all:

6DF9207E-B20D-41DF-8C7C-8A7F1EF4AEFE.jpeg

Nice, Taylor, patina is going to further enhance that beauty.

Thank you...you're going to start the tease already? Just let me know when to send my money!!!

Another great looking Lambsfoot with Stag.

Great looking stag, but the asymmetrical part would drive me nuts!

Drool worthy horn there, Dennis, nice picture.

Very good use of the light there, Vince.

OG, nice photo, shows off the great Ironwood on that knife. We had about the same amount yesterday, mostly gone now.

Yep, very nice.

I'll bet that is a neat place to scavenge around in...no telling what you might find.

Thanks!

A few of the higher end knives from Weights that I saw yesterday were very, very nice (there was a beautiful snake wood handle one) but you could buy a GEC and have substantial change for that kind of money.

Really? none of the Guardians knives, or any of the other knives I've had from Wright's (apart from my ivory custom) have been that expensive. I guess rents are high on Ecclesall Road though :eek:

LOL! :D Here's a link if you want to do some poking around ;) :thumbsup:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/visiting-arthur-wright-son-pics.1481181/

I ended up polishing my AC today because some unknown material was on the blade. Even the polish didn’t get it all:

View attachment 1075396

You been cutting duct tape or something Joshua? :confused:

...and the light saw you :thumbsup: Nice one Prester John Prester John

View attachment 1075398

mykel m mykel m - Cool Myke - I've been sitting on asking if there any EBONY versions left. I prefer mine shadowy and smooth - though I can certainly appreciate the splendid variety and shimmeryness of these ironwood versions. Keep on dancin'.

Ray

Stunning :thumbsup:

Because I do not have another one yet, I'll show this one again in bone...;):thumbsup:

29nfs47.jpg
28vva7r.jpg

Always nice to see :) :thumbsup:

Back