Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Now I finally understand what the ‘HP’ stands for - High Patina!
Does a stunning job!
52877808_10213491658749830_8703959922099879936_o.jpg

52598223_10213491659709854_3828819089317429248_o.jpg

I think it has quite a bit of vinegar in it. When I was a kid, we used to sometimes shine up old pennies or metal buttons with it, works incredibly! Got the tip from Blue Peter! :D :thumbsup:

Yes, as kids my mates and I did the same. It works a treat on copper, like you say.
On Athos’s blade though, I found it best to apply only a very small amount, spread it out thinly on both sides and then keep gently pinching both sides of the blade between finger and thumb, working up and down, until the sauce dried and went sticky. This spread everything evenly and gave an even finish.
I’ve tried just dipping blades in vinegar, ketchup, mustard etc. but that always left a patchy ( and, quite frankly, scruffy) result.
This technique has left that aged look that only usually builds up after years of exposure to simple finger prints.

I’ve heard you can sharpen a knife by rubbing some Henderson's along the edge. Only works on Sheffield blades, though. ;) :D

XdQovfM.jpg

Jack I can see where Rosewood wouldn't be your first choice, as its the cheap out the door material used by Wright's. I think the reason I like it for edc is that it's like my old Nissan over my new one. The old one has a wee bit of rust and a much heavier gauge metal, if I go to the mall I'm not worried that it will get door dings so I consider it my edc every day car. :p
I love the ebony and Stag like my new car I'm more careful with them. :D
That's my Jeep. I dare anybody to give it door dings, they'd have to be driving something pretty tall too. Usually they'll hit the armor and ding their own stuff. Rosewood and ebony remind me of my Jeep, rugged and beautiful in it's own way.

Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :D

47083607592_6a1dcb202c_b_d.jpg
Another terrific picture. Love the wood on wood pictures.

I’ve heard you can sharpen a knife by rubbing some Henderson's along the edge. Only works on Sheffield blades, though. ;) :D

XdQovfM.jpg
Thanks for the secret sauce advice ;)
Also, another great picture :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks, everyone! The teapot is from Yixing, China, and is the natural clay without any glaze. Different colors of natural occurring clay are mixed together to get the mosaic pattern, then fired.
Jeff, thanks for the info, it is truly unique and impressive. Do you know if it's stoneware or porcelain? TIA.

That's my Jeep. I dare anybody to give it door dings, they'd have to be driving something pretty tall too. Usually they'll hit the armor and ding their own stuff. Rosewood and ebony remind me of my Jeep, rugged and beautiful in it's own way.
Exactly! If I could purchase a new vehicle that was tough like your Jeep and my old 91 Nissan I would do it.:thumbsup::D

I'm glad you liked it John :) Such a great line, I used to have a T-shirt with it on! :D Yes, the African Rosewood is special, I'm glad you like yours my friend :) My day's not been bad at all, thank you :thumbsup:

Interesting to see your knife with more light on it John, nice pic :thumbsup:

For a long time, I was pretty blase about the Rosewood, just because I've seen so much on it, and because Wright's use it on their least expensive knives, but I think it can be really nice wood :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Preston, that's a great mug! :D Hope your day passes quickly, and that you can relax this evening :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pic Dwight :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your cold Jeff :( Hope it's better soon, that sounds like just the medicine, and RALF is certainly a tonic :thumbsup:

Ebony is certainly one of my favourite cover materials. Wright's didn't even add it to their standard range until a few years ago (something I had petitioned for) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

drXHvUV.jpg
Great pic with the railroad tracks, Jack.

I like that picture with the rails behind it. Reminds me of my youth, when I thought riding the rails as a hobo would be the greatest life someone could live :D

It still sounds pretty good John ;) I once knew a woman who idolised Boxcar Bertha, Bertha was her life-long hero. Then, in later life, she discovered that Bertha's 'autobiography' was completely fictionalised, and Bertha was just a character invented by a male author :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Thank you. I was having fun taking pictures yesterday. Back to work today. (Presidents Day is one of those banks/government/post office holidays. Everything else is business as usual)

I've seen that stuff in the store, so I might pick up a bottle. I assume it's similar to Worcester Sauce? I assume Henderson's Relish is the best, since Jack likes it, but I've never seen it for sale around here. :D

Sorry to hear that Rachel, public holidays are increasingly like that here too :(

No, very different, it has the consistency of ketchup, but with a slightly spicier taste. I haven't actually had it for a long time, but remember liking it as a kid :thumbsup:

Jack I can see where Rosewood wouldn't be your first choice, as its the cheap out the door material used by Wright's. I think the reason I like it for edc is that it's like my old Nissan over my new one. The old one has a wee bit of rust and a much heavier gauge metal, if I go to the mall I'm not worried that it will get door dings so I consider it my edc every day car. :p
I love the ebony and Stag like my new car I'm more careful with them. :D

I feel the same way about my Rosewood Big 'Un Dave :) It's my 'hard use' Lambsfoot ;) :thumbsup:

0zpMufE.jpg

Beautiful photo Ron :thumbsup:

XdQovfM.jpg

Fantastic Barrett! :) :thumbsup: Lovely grain on your knife my friend :thumbsup:

They don't make 'em like they used to... A. Wright does though :cool:

Wright's should use that as an advertising slogan :) Not that they actually do any advertising :rolleyes: I remember the first really nice knife I had from Wright's (below). I was looking at some pocket knives on a market-stall, and a feller next to me said, "They don't make them like that anymore." I showed him my Lambsfoot, and told him, "That one was made a few weeks ago." :thumbsup:

sdZPXK2.jpg

Lovely pic :thumbsup: Hope you're getting on with that one OK :thumbsup:

Got some dog hair AND some cat hair I can send you! (Shedding some myself. :( ). ;)

I once briefly went out with a woman who had 3 old dogs, and a white-haired cat. I was still finding hair on my clothes six months after we went our separate ways :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Jack and the Guardians! :D Today is Family Day a day off for some of the folks. ;)
View attachment 1075700
Have a great day, Dave!.
Very nice photo, nice setup!:thumbsup:
That is jaw-dropping! :eek: They do the file-work very well at Wright's I think, only possible because all their knives are genuinely handmade :thumbsup:

RY27rCe.jpg
Oh my! A fella can dream!:eek::thumbsup:
Back with my AC today ;) :thumbsup:

mJk60mo.jpg
Perfect slip for a perfect knife!!:)
Very nice pic!:cool::thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
I took this picture moments before a thunder storm rolled in yesterday.

It came out very cool!! Love it!:D:thumbsup:
Have a great Monday, Guardians. It's a gray, cold, snowy day here. I have to do taxes today, so I'm loading up on coffee...and whatever:eek::D:eek:
DSC_0198.JPG
Cool pic!
I keep catching our 6 month old Cocker Spaniel drinking mine:mad: gotta start using a sippy cup!:p
G'day folks! Hope you have a great week.View attachment 1075730
Very Nice! Great photo:eek::thumbsup:
I've caught a cold, so RALF and I have been sipping some silver needle white tea with Manuka honey and lime juice.

lNUapCf.jpg
Nice!
Hope you get to feeling better!:)

Lovely! I agree, wood on wood photo looks great!;):thumbsup:

XdQovfM.jpg
Saucy!:eek::D:thumbsup:
I'm still figuring this one out...may be great for the glove box or back pack. Probably carries great.:)

It still sounds pretty good John ;)
Yes it does, getting away from all of one's responsibilities and seeing a new town every day. What's not to like? I mean besides the scrounging for food part ;)

I once knew a woman who idolised Boxcar Bertha, Bertha was her life-long hero. Then, in later life, she discovered that Bertha's 'autobiography' was completely fictionalised, and Bertha was just a character invented by a male author :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:
Funny how one's idols never quite measure up in the end :D

Wright's should use that as an advertising slogan :) Not that they actually do any advertising :rolleyes:
Too funny. They should put you on their staff.

I remember the first really nice knife I had from Wright's (below). I was looking at some pocket knives on a market-stall, and a feller next to me said, "They don't make them like that anymore." I showed him my Lambsfoot, and told him, "That one was made a few weeks ago." :thumbsup:
It's true though. Only a handful of makers left that still put the old world quality into their knives and the way they make them. I proudly carry my Wright's Lambsfoot knowing it's carrying on a tradition that's fading from the world.

Jack Black Jack Black Thank you Jack. It’s carry and forget nature makes it nicer than one would think.

I just want to say how beautiful all the images are. I feel remiss in not saying so to each individual here, but the combination of catching up, and exhaustion from shoveling prevents that.
C2EC8D59-CEDF-4DF5-AEC9-7A2E46D25B2B.jpeg

mitch4ging mitch4ging - Dennis, It’s simple,slim, small, and perfect for carry and use without worrying about hurting it.

Last edited:
I have some really nice rosewood handgun grips. I think it's Indian Rosewood. Beautiful wherever it's from.

They get it from Indonesia now I think :thumbsup:

Great pic with the railroad tracks, Jack.

Thanks a lot Vince :) :thumbsup:

Oh my! A fella can dream!:eek::thumbsup:

Perfect slip for a perfect knife!!:)

I generally prefer the Lambsfoot pattern plain, but I do have a few with file-work :thumbsup:

nhmxGjb.jpg

Thanks Dennis, the slip was a gift from Barry @gunstockjack about 5 years ago, he does great work :thumbsup:

Back