Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

yD4N0ls.jpg

Phenomenal photo Dylan...;):thumbsup:

It's a licorice allsorts day. ;)
View attachment 1104207
Hope it's a good one!:thumbsup:
Mine too I think John :) I remember someone lending me the graphic novel when it was first published. I was in my late 20's at the time, and hadn't read a comic since I was a kid. I came home from the pub, put some jazz on, sat down, and read it from cover to cover, finishing about 8.00am :) Fantastic book :thumbsup:

Great pic :) :thumbsup:

I hope it wasn't like the film! :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:

220px-Mosquito_Coast_movie_poster.jpg

A pleasure my friend, it's an interesting story. A couple of years back, I walked round Dale Dyke Reservoir in early January, taking my ebony Lambsfoot with me :thumbsup:

FGOx2lL.jpg

'Centre Line (of) Old Bank'

HbKydLA.jpg

MgDSNBm.jpg

tSCZFGI.jpg

8CxcOqQ.jpg

These two pieces of concrete, both paid for by private subscription, are the only memorials to the 250 people directly killed by the Sheffield flood. Compensation was paid by the Water Company to the mill and factory owners for their loss of property , not a penny to the families of the bereaved.

YH5zVVP.jpg

y2o0Okl.jpg

I'll be putting my feet up later Dwight! :D :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pic of your AC my friend :thumbsup:

Lovely, as always Vince :) :thumbsup:

It's not been too bad here today David :) There's always an excuse for some boozy hot chocolate though ;) :D :thumbsup:

She helped me out with a couple of awkward bubble-wrap situations Preston ;) :thumbsup:

Not the best I'm afraid Preston, so hopefully I'll sleep better tonight! :D :thumbsup:

Cool pic of your Lambsfoot, certainly no lemon ;) :thumbsup:

Fantastic pic Dave, two classic Sheffield exports! :D :thumbsup:
Jack, sorry you did not get rested, Lucy's snoring , no doubt. No, the Lambsfoot is not a lemon it's a peach, but they're not in season.
Jack thanks for posting those pictures! It's sad to hear so many people are unaware of it. I'm not from Sheffield but I've known about that for years. I can't remember where it was now but I remember looking at a lot of old photos of the aftermath. Quite the devastation was wrought by it :(

Yeah, 'cold' and 'thirsty' usually do it. :D
Now you see as you know your on'th right side 'o Pennines, which of course God smiles upon :D If you were wrong side like me you'd still wearing ya woolly pullys and woolly socks :rolleyes:. I keep getting pics from my mates in God's Own showing blue skies so I'm off up there tomorrow to catch a few days of sun before autumn returns. :thumbsup:
David, do hope your days of sunshine refresh you. I'm not putting my winter gear away yet, It's 60 F and had bright sunshine this AM but the clouds are rolling in. This time of year here I can get weather of any sort. There was a tornado sixty miles to the northeast of me last week.:eek:
Finished up several outdoor projects. Still have to install a sleeve hitch on my riding mower. Rosie is along, I forgot her earlier and needed her for several tasks, but was away from the house so had to make do.
IMG_1032.JPG

Ah! Thanks, David. Haven't seen that in the pubs/bars/cantinas/saloons around here.

Ahhh maybe not as maybe you don't use them? How is a measure of spirits (and wines) measured there then? Over here in the England and Wales the sale of alcohol in pubs/bars/restaurants is governed by the "Licensing Act 1964" (there's been updates since). So when I worked in the pub trade spirits were measured by optics, or standard steel measures. One optic/measure was equivalent to one sixth of a gill (a gill being a quarter of an imperial pint-20floz). I can't recall when (late 90's?) but we then adopted a metric measure of 25ml for spirits which of course necessitated the purchase of new optics.

Hope it's a good one!:thumbsup:

David, do hope your days of sunshine refresh you. I'm not putting my winter gear away yet, It's 60 F and had bright sunshine this AM but the clouds are rolling in. This time of year here I can get weather of any sort. There was a tornado sixty miles to the northeast of me last week.:eek:
Finished up several outdoor projects. Still have to install a sleeve hitch on my riding mower. Rosie is along, I forgot her earlier and needed her for several tasks, but was away from the house so had to make do.
IMG_1032.JPG

Aye me to; looks like your a busy chap readying yourself for summer :thumbsup:. I hope you find reason to stow that winter kit shortly :D

It's a licorice allsorts day. ;)
View attachment 1104207
Sweet pic.

haha, you'll be ok then.:thumbsup::p
BuracdL.jpg
I don't know why Dave, but I thought you'd be older... :D

I'll be putting my feet up later Dwight! :D :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pic of your AC my friend
Glad to hear it and thanks.

Good eye Vince! Maybe it has something to do with driving on the wrong side of the road, everything is opposite
Yes good eye Vince. I am amazed at how unobservant I am sometimes. :oops:

Even sigh, beautiful knife, how I wish I had one like this
Thanks José. I hope your wish comes true. :)

Great pics of lambs folks!

Ahhh maybe not as maybe you don't use them? How is a measure of spirits (and wines) measured there then? Over here in the England and Wales the sale of alcohol in pubs/bars/restaurants is governed by the "Licensing Act 1964" (there's been updates since). So when I worked in the pub trade spirits were measured by optics, or standard steel measures. One optic/measure was equivalent to one sixth of a gill (a gill being a quarter of an imperial pint-20floz). I can't recall when (late 90's?) but we then adopted a metric measure of 25ml for spirits which of course necessitated the purchase of new optics.
Never heard of a gill. The more common liquors generally have a pouring spout attached, and most bartenders seem to use stainless steel jiggers--the double ones with maybe one ounce in the smaller end and two ounces in the other (I'm estimating). Sometimes they pour with a jigger and may add a little, especially if you've been tipping (and I always tip well!). Me, I'm a free pourer at home, although I measure my wife's drinks using a steel jigger (she's better at budgeting, which is why she now manages our bank account ;) ). My martinis are probably at least three ounces of gin with some vermouth. Sometimes I have a Dean Martini: four ounces of chilled gin.

lol My wife took that over about two weeks after we were married in 1969 :cool: I only have a rough estimate how much money's in the bank. :p I figure if shes stuck with me all those years it's all good. :D
You're smarter than me, Dave. I did it for over twenty years, but often foolishly splurged and paid a lot of late fees! Glad I turned it over to her. Never pay late fees any more! I don't carry as much cash around as I used to, but that's okay.

You're smarter than me, Dave. I did it for over twenty years, but often foolishly splurged and paid a lot of late fees! Glad I turned it over to her. Never pay late fees any more! I don't carry as much cash around as I used to, but that's okay.
When we were still in our twenty's I was still a bit of a wild one. After work the other boys and I would head to the bar and I would not make it home till late :rolleyes:
This one week after being out two nights already, I knew I was in big trouble...there happened to be an Electrolux salesman sitting across from our table so I thought hey!:thumbsup: If I purchase a new vacuum for her I wont be in ca-ca o_O Wrong!!! :p

When we were still in our twenty's I was still a bit of a wild one. After work the other boys and I would head to the bar and I would not make it home till late :rolleyes:
This one week after being out two nights already, I knew I was in big trouble...there happened to be an Electrolux salesman sitting across from our table so I thought hey!:thumbsup: If I purchase a new vacuum for her I wont be in ca-ca o_O Wrong!!! :p
Flowers, a dress, jewelry, a night on the town, a really really nice new Lambsfoot........NOT A VACUUM!
I have been thinking of buying my wife this really nice machining mill, though. I'll just keep it in the garage and use it until she gets the hang of it. ;):p:D

46617107905_a0adcb083c_h.jpg

Flowers, a dress, jewelry, a night on the town, a really really nice new Lambsfoot........NOT A VACUUM!
I have been thinking of buying my wife this really nice machining mill, though. I'll just keep it in the garage and use it until she gets the hang of it. ;):p:D

HAHA Great photo Kevin! Come to think of it maybe a vacuum wasn't such a good idea doh! :p A nice machining Mill now there's a great idea. :thumbsup::D

Or you could surprise her with some new living room furniture! (I only did it ONCE).

Back