Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

yYFMZPr.jpg

It is good looking.
But I like having the rosewood for "using" and the ironwood for "looking good". :p

One more picture before I throw it back in the safe...
I think that wolf is howling for blood, like Lucy's children of the night.
Like that!
An old lady I encountered in the street was bemoaning the decline of Allsorts (yes, that's Yorkshire for you! :D) "There's nowt but sugar in them, you can't even taste the liquorice!" She made me taste one to prove the point! :D :thumbsup:

I love the colours you get with patina on a polished blade :) :thumbsup:
:D:thumbsup:

Thanks Dave, it is/was, got a lot done! Even with driving into town, 20 miles, to get a large socket and wrench, 15/16th, needed to ease the installment of the sleeve hitch.
Ahhh maybe not as maybe you don't use them? How is a measure of spirits (and wines) measured there then? Over here in the England and Wales the sale of alcohol in pubs/bars/restaurants is governed by the "Licensing Act 1964" (there's been updates since). So when I worked in the pub trade spirits were measured by optics, or standard steel measures. One optic/measure was equivalent to one sixth of a gill (a gill being a quarter of an imperial pint-20floz). I can't recall when (late 90's?) but we then adopted a metric measure of 25ml for spirits which of course necessitated the purchase of new optics.

Aye me to; looks like your a busy chap readying yourself for summer :thumbsup:. I hope you find reason to stow that winter kit shortly :D
David, I was. I know the weather is soon going to make a lot of my plans for outside work difficult, thunder/lightening, rain and hail, so wanted to get started. Plus dog training is going to start for real in a couple of weeks. The ice is mostly melted form the ponds we use, the water just has to warm up so the dogs don't mind getting in and out and longer swims.

Interesting info. on the measure and sale of alcohol in different countries, thanks.
lol My wife took that over about two weeks after we were married in 1969 :cool: I only have a rough estimate how much money's in the bank. :p I figure if shes stuck with me all those years it's all good. :D
You're smarter than me, Dave. I did it for over twenty years, but often foolishly splurged and paid a lot of late fees! Glad I turned it over to her. Never pay late fees any more! I don't carry as much cash around as I used to, but that's okay.
When we were still in our twenty's I was still a bit of a wild one. After work the other boys and I would head to the bar and I would not make it home till late :rolleyes:
This one week after being out two nights already, I knew I was in big trouble...there happened to be an Electrolux salesman sitting across from our table so I thought hey!:thumbsup: If I purchase a new vacuum for her I wont be in ca-ca o_O Wrong!!! :p
Flowers, a dress, jewelry, a night on the town, a really really nice new Lambsfoot........NOT A VACUUM!
I have been thinking of buying my wife this really nice machining mill, though. I'll just keep it in the garage and use it until she gets the hang of it. ;):p:D

46617107905_a0adcb083c_h.jpg
Nice photo, Kevin!
You guys, LOL, when I was married, the majority of the fights and arguments we had was over money and spending. Been single 20+ years and happy, because I manage my finances. I know what my limitations are and can budget.
My father always told me for a great wine, a good knife!!!:D:thumbsup:
Nice picture, Jose. A great knife makes everything better!
I'm not made of money. Mind you, as a bachelor, I've still got control of my finances so in theory I can spend as much as I please on whatever I want :D:D
My sentiments exactly!
I encountered the Butter-Fingered Oaf in the market this morning, and gave him a considerable slagging! :p :thumbsup:
Well done, he deserves that and more every time you see him!
Wonderful photo, Jack, cheers! Thanks for everything you do!
Sleeve hitch installed and ready for use...tomorrow!
IMG_1033.JPG

All-sorts are a last resort candy, with both licorice and coconut. I always considered them "grandma" candy. The idea being that they buy it so the grandkids won't eat it all when they come visit.
I know what you mean Rachel when we were kids, esp when visiting our Great aunt Ruth nothing but peppermints.:(:thumbsdown:

What was the Leslie Nielsen spoof of the Gary Oldman vampire movie called? Mel Brooks as Van Helsing. (Never mind, I can google it.)

Let's Scare Jessica to Death was such a scary movie that I built myself a two-foot-high cross with a stand. (The description in the TV Guide had nothing to do with the plot of the movie.)
Gretchen Corbett (Rockford's lawyer until she wanted to be paid what she was worth) as the little sister vampire, a pale redhead whose name I really should remember as the principal vampire, and Zohra Lampert (?) as Jessica.
The principal vampire had been drowned, so you couldn't dig her up and put a stake through her heart, even if you knew what was going on. She just came up out of the lake when she pleased. And when you realized how much trouble you were in and tried to run for it, you realized everyone around you had already been bitten.

And it would take a lot of willpower to run away from Gretchen Corbett, or her big sister.

Have to google that too.

Where is that two-foot-high cross now, I wonder.

But I'm sure this will do the trick:
auUXBJr.jpg

Last edited:
I know what you mean Rachel when we were kids, esp when visiting our Great aunt Ruth nothing but peppermints.:(:thumbsdown:
I guess I was lucky. I spent a lot of time with my maternal grandmother, and she always had plenty of good candy, cookies, cakes, ice cream, etc. She loved sweets. And good stuff like bacon and french fries. Lived to the age of 89.

I guess I was lucky. I spent a lot of time with my maternal grandmother, and she always had plenty of good candy, cookies, cakes, ice cream, etc. She loved sweets. And good stuff like bacon and french fries. Lived to the age of 89.
You lucky fellow! That's what my wife/ Grandma is like for our one and only Grandson.:D My sister and I never even felt welcome at our Grandparents let alone any fun food.

I encountered the Butter-Fingered Oaf in the market this morning, and gave him a considerable slagging!
I don't know what slagging is but I'm hoping it means beaten nigh unto death. :mad:

Maybe I'll join you, Dwight. Got off work a little early.
Sounds good Vince. After listening to your and David's expertise on the subject you better fix the drinks... :D

IMG_1026.jpeg

Back