Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks, Preston, and I always enjoy a bit of greenery in a knife photo. :thumbsup:

LZ4gvGX.jpg

Thanks Dave, I did not post many photos, because I only have three Lambsfoot, and so I have to repeat them many times, which is not always welcomed by others.
By the way, I'd like to post a picture of my 19, taken today with sun.;):thumbsup:

2zrhwt3.jpg

The more the merrier Jose! :) That is a great pic my friend, sunshine really makes that Ironwood pop! :) :thumbsup:

Superb photo, Jack.
Gotta keep an eye on the old folks, can be pretty cagey at times
OG

Thanks OG :) You're not kidding! ;)

I was once looking at some penknives on a fleamarket, I could see straight away that there was only one worth having. I was asking the dealer about prices when I heard this voice behind me, "Ooo! Penknives!" The next thing, a huge hand came over my shoulder and scooped up the whole lot. I turned round, annoyed, but the feller the hand belonged to must have been in his 70's. A minute later, he put the knives back, but the one I had my eye on was missing! :eek: After that, I watched the guy, and I saw that he stole something from every stall he went to! :eek:

Pt-Luso Pt-Luso here is my Rosewood worker, it also has some very faint stripes going on. :)
View attachment 1105381

Cool Dave, I think that Rosewood is undervalued :cool: :thumbsup:

Today I took advantage of the sun and took photos of these two beauties!:cool::thumbsup:

4gomm9.jpg

Excellent :) :thumbsup:

I was reluctant to use the Flitz because I didn't know if it would affect the etch. Glad it didn't!

Yeah, nice :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Preston, and I always enjoy a bit of greenery in a knife photo. :thumbsup:

LZ4gvGX.jpg

Looking good Jeff :thumbsup:

I was leaving an antiques shop earlier, and noticed a bowl on the counter full of white metal coins, and a sign reading 'Pirate Coins £3' . I took this one, when I looked it up, I realised they may have meant 'Pirated Coins' :rolleyes: I'd have got a few more if I'd know :) Anyone know why this coin was so widely counterfeited?

4LR4p0g.jpg

Thanks Kevin, they looked to be real heavy duty, compared to the ones I have. I don't think I need anything that HD. I have destroyed several pair of wire cutters on guitar strings so, good information about the company.
I would say, unless you are working in a shop and cutting several sets of strings a day those Felco cutters would last for a good long time. 15- 20 years. The model # on those are C7.

46826922534_43d6a35b1d_h.jpg

I was leaving an antiques shop earlier, and noticed a bowl on the counter full of white metal coins, and a sign reading 'Pirate Coins £3' . I took this one, when I looked it up, I realised they may have meant 'Pirated Coins' :rolleyes: I'd have got a few more if I'd know :) Anyone know why this coin was so widely counterfeited?

4LR4p0g.jpg

I don't think those were widely counterfeited, you don't see them often. But since they were worth a dollar when that represented a day's wages for many workers would have given incentive to create counterfeits made of less valuable metals.

That being said, it is a pretty good strike for a counterfeit. Someone put some work into the dies.

Lambsfoot content, nothing like some good ironwood.
d5K7x5G.jpg

I don't think those were widely counterfeited, you don't see them often. But since they were worth a dollar when that represented a day's wages for many workers would have given incentive to create counterfeits made of less valuable metals.

That being said, it is a pretty good strike for a counterfeit. Someone put some work into the dies.

Lambsfoot content, nothing like some good ironwood.
d5K7x5G.jpg

Right, I was just going from what I'd just read online. Made of ferrous metal. It has certainly been in circulation (bit more wear on the reverse). I'll have to go back and see if there are anymore, certainly worth £3 to me either way :)

From the first 50, the knives with the brown wood and black veins were the ones I thought most attractive, possibly yours is the nicest of all. Even the few which are relatively plain look great under the light though. It is certainly beautiful wood, though it seemed disproportionately expensive :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave, I did not post many photos, because I only have three Lambsfoot, and so I have to repeat them many times, which is not always welcomed by others.
By the way, I'd like to post a picture of my 19, taken today with sun.;):thumbsup:

2zrhwt3.jpg
Wonderful photo, Jose, I don't think anyone here would complain. I have only two and take a picture of whatever one I have that day...lots of different ways to photograph a knife. Some turn out great others not so much, it is, what it is!

Back