1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Well done.

cigarrodog, dc50 and Jack Black like this.
  2. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That looks like fries, covered in butter and syrup... Please tell me I'm wrong. o_O

4. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Your wrong John, :D Its fries covered in gravy with cheese curds a Canadian delicacy. :p

Ramrodmb, cigarrodog, pjsjr and 3 others like this.
  5. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    If you haven't eaten poutine you haven't lived! My son spent six years in Watertown, N.Y. on the Canadian border. It's a food group there! :)

6. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Oh, thank God. :D

Good Morning Guardians. I hope your day is Super.
    [​IMG]

7. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    We are big into Chili Cheese fries here. :cool:

8. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    haha its a food group! Fantastic Gary :thumbsup::p

cigarrodog, Peregrin and Jack Black like this.
  9. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    I could do that! :D
    LF Necklace.2JPG.JPG

10. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I held the pic up for Cherri to see and I said - "I'm not sure what this is but it looks like french fries and cheese curds covered in gravy!", which has yet to be invented down here. I want some. :D

cigarrodog, Cambertree, pjsjr and 5 others like this.
  11. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Dwight my friend, if there was what we like to call a comfort food profile this has to be the poster child. :D

cigarrodog, pjsjr and Fodderwing like this.
  12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Just a picture to show off the new watch I bought yesterday.
    That'll teach my wife to take me to the jewelry store with her. :D

I think it's "Amazing"...
    [​IMG]

13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! Love those large piano keys! :D

Thanks José! :)

cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  14. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Good Sunday morning to all you Guardians aboard the this 'steamer' of a thread! Ha 'food group' and 'comfort food' should add speed to this thread's movement. Hope you all enjoy the day and get ready for the week ahead. I'm taking Dutch out to run and play.
    [​IMG]

15. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    It's a cool rainy Joe Bonamassa kind of Sunday... fullsizeoutput_1554.jpeg

16. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Guardians, you're welcome to join me as I enter the Way-Back Machine and revisit some posts that caught my eye over a week ago. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Preston. :)

Dave & Dwight, thanks for the Awesome Captures, speaking photographically, of your ACs! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

What a heartless boss you have, FBC! :(:p
    That OX-horn lambsfoot deserves your hugs and kisses! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That shot shows off Old Toffee Wings old toffee wings to good effect, Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

You see the world in a much richer way than I do, Harvey; stupendous shot!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

When my daughter was little, she watched a TV show about Barney the Purple Dinosaur and learned to sing, "I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas." I don't think the show ever extolled the virtue of a lambsfoot in enjoying that healthy snack. ;)

Congrats on the lambsfoot and on your recognizing ways to use it to enrich your life, @ty_higg! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Don't remember the first album I bought, but my first 45 was the Royal Guardsmen singing about "Snoopy vs. the Red Baron". (I think the only other 45 I ever bought was Cheech and Chong's "Basketball Jones". I guess it's not a surprise that I occasionally buy novelty knives. :D)

Awesome signed baseball, Barrett! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Your ironwood lambsfoot is almost as awesome! ;)

A stag lambsfoot among the flowers - very thoughtful, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Taylor, that ebony lambsfoot on a big old knot looks fantastic! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Always good to see a rare jigged bone lambsfoot, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Handsome handful of lambsfoot, stag and ironwood, Joshua! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ironwood and daffodils! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm starting to believe that spring WILL eventually come again! :rolleyes:

Cool pics for sure, Darren! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That photo - shock and awe!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Dwight, you're so good at taking pics already, and now you've trained spiders to help you?!? ;)

The old man's hairline is at the top red line, to the left of the baby, and his eyes are at about the same level as the baby's eyes, but his chin is almost down by the bird. I don't see the Lab. :(

:D That reminds me, Dave, after you named your '19 Guardians Lambsfoot Totem, I wanted to show you this little practice piece (above and to the right) I whittled 2-3 years ago:
    [​IMG]

I agree! :thumbsup::thumbsup: José's whale knife is a wonderful piece!

Here's a pic of my Lam Jack when it was new (October 2017):
    gl.mark.halfopen.leaves.jpg

- GT

17. 5K Qs

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for wishing me well on my "vision quest", for the old psych joke, and for the stag lambsfoot photo! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (How long does a 4.4oz jar of Marmite last you?)

Thanks, Dwight. :) See you later (I hope ;)).

Thanks for your informative reply to my nosy request, Harvey. :)

Another superb sylvan shot of your ironwood, Dwight! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Lots of green growth already in your neck of the woods! ;)

Puns :D
    Sounds like "stag" history is quite a rabbit hole, Jack; thanks for the overview. Thanks also for some details on your enjoyable birthday activities, including photos - great shot of your AC.
    Recently (well, sometime in the past week or two) there was a story, quite positive, on the radio about Wensleydale cheese. Was that just hipster hype, or is Wensleydale cheese a favorite of typical Yorkshire residents? Have you ever sliced some with a lambsfoot? ;)

Good to see your ironwood out "walking the plank", Dennis! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D

Thanks for the verdant vista, David! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Yes, indeed! :D

I have no more snow piles in my back yard! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another Lam Jack photo, this time playing with my rosewood Union Jack:
    LJ&UJ.crossed.jpg

- GT

18. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    A week ago? That means you have to be at least 20 pages behind. :D

19. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Gary you did a mighty fine job on creating a totem. :thumbsup::cool: your Native American name is "GT Running Shoe" :D

cigarrodog likes this.
  20. 5K Qs

Jul 20, 2014
    "At least" is the operative phrase, John. ;) I went to bed about 9pm Thursday and I was caught up in this thread. I got back to the thread on Saturday morning, and among other Saturday chores, eventually caught up about 6pm, after reading 11 pages.
    The earliest of the multi quotes I just addressed were from more than a week ago, but I was essentially reading each page and choosing ONE post per page to which I'd respond. It's turned into a subjective "beauty contest" for me! :eek::rolleyes:

- GT

Cambertree, pjsjr, OLd_gUY and 4 others like this.