Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

So, I have been trying to get GEC to make a Real Lamb Foot knife for several years!!:rolleyes:
It would be a production run of a pattern that has been largely ignored in the North American market since the Lambfoot was developed or invented in England.
I am proud to tell you, that the knife is in the works!!:)
The various stamps have arrived, and just to add to the firsts, it will be my first knife with my Brand on it! :eek: Waynorth Cutlery!!!:cool:
The knife is based on a Joseph Rodgers (JR) design I particularly admire. It won't be a direct copy, but will use some of the best features the JR has to offer, along with GEC's great design skills, materials and workmanship!!
Here are the Joseph Rodgers Lambfoot knives; the jigged bone being my favorite, but the wood (I think Cocabola ) my second.
View attachment 1105497
Well done.

The usual Sisyphus analogy here used to be with 'the painters on the Forth Road Bridge' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forth_Bridge), who got to one end, only to have to start again. However, unlike Sisyphus, their task came to an end eventually (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-14789036), k
Thank for the links Jack! I must use the word Sisyphus today, when the Missus asks me to vacuum again, I just did it last week! :rolleyes::p
images

LOL! Looking good Ron :D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, looks like you've been busy while I've been snoozing! :D Taken me a good hour to put this post together! :eek: I better get my skates on! :rolleyes: Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that your Sunday is just as good :) :thumbsup: I'm at least as thrilled by Charlie's announcement as everyone else - been waiting for this one a lonnnnnngg time - but please bear in mind my comments above, and also help protect the non-commercial nature of our thread from the indiscretions of any newcomers who wander in :) :thumbsup: To celebrate the great news, I thought I'd carry a couple of Big 'Uns myself today :) :thumbsup:

fp5pxG7.jpg
Thanks Jack! Love those large piano keys! :D

Wonderful "AC" Ron!!!;):thumbsup:
Thanks José! :)

Good Sunday morning to all you Guardians aboard the this 'steamer' of a thread! Ha 'food group' and 'comfort food' should add speed to this thread's movement. Hope you all enjoy the day and get ready for the week ahead. I'm taking Dutch out to run and play.
DSC_0272%5B1%5D.JPG

Guardians, you're welcome to join me as I enter the Way-Back Machine and revisit some posts that caught my eye over a week ago. :rolleyes:

Love Cracker Jack and crackerjacks, great picture!
Thanks, Preston. :)

Dave & Dwight, thanks for the Awesome Captures, speaking photographically, of your ACs! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That dirty ol' garage window is good for somethin'. I tried to tell my boss that I can't come in until after 2pm or I will miss the good sun in that window for Lambsfoot pics..... I don't think she cares. :confused::D
47489759831_96739a0cb9_h.jpg
What a heartless boss you have, FBC! :(:p
That OX-horn lambsfoot deserves your hugs and kisses! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That shot shows off Old Toffee Wings old toffee wings to good effect, Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Saw the early morning sparkly light reflecting on the car’s frosted rooftop...
050509B9-CE20-4320-95FE-07FD7797107F_zpsq0jiotct.jpeg
You see the world in a much richer way than I do, Harvey; stupendous shot!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Have a great Friday, Guardians! Rosie is going to help me fix a snack.
DSC_0253.JPG
When my daughter was little, she watched a TV show about Barney the Purple Dinosaur and learned to sing, "I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas." I don't think the show ever extolled the virtue of a lambsfoot in enjoying that healthy snack. ;)

Really liking this blade shape it's extremely useful! Yesterday my lambsfoot helped me cut up things for a custom women's wallet I'm making. Then it made my Mexican food quiver in fear as I used it to cut up my meal. It's patina is now fully showing after dinner and it looks better now than before.

View attachment 1100598 View attachment 1100600
Congrats on the lambsfoot and on your recognizing ways to use it to enrich your life, @ty_higg! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

For me it was Chubby Checker and The Twist...
That was my first 45! :p
Don't remember the first album I bought, but my first 45 was the Royal Guardsmen singing about "Snoopy vs. the Red Baron". (I think the only other 45 I ever bought was Cheech and Chong's "Basketball Jones". I guess it's not a surprise that I occasionally buy novelty knives. :D)

My Ironwood Lambsfoot is excited about opening weekend, too. :D

2IeYw2y.jpg
Awesome signed baseball, Barrett! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Your ironwood lambsfoot is almost as awesome! ;)

Happy Birthday, Jack!

Hi7N2Un.jpg
A stag lambsfoot among the flowers - very thoughtful, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Taylor, that ebony lambsfoot on a big old knot looks fantastic! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Today I will walk with the green bone (lime/lemon)...;):thumbsup:

5ewnc2.jpg
Always good to see a rare jigged bone lambsfoot, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Handsome handful of lambsfoot, stag and ironwood, Joshua! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ironwood and daffodils! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm starting to believe that spring WILL eventually come again! :rolleyes:

In a recent auction, my wife won a Santa Clara County atlas from 1876...perfectly mint condition. Filled with detailed maps and drawings from this area at that time. The first thing I said when she showed me the content was...."ooooh that would make some cool backdrops for knife photos!" lol. Working on it.
View attachment 1101417
View attachment 1101416
Cool pics for sure, Darren! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That photo - shock and awe!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Dwight, you're so good at taking pics already, and now you've trained spiders to help you?!? ;)

I see the baby, but not the old man. I see a Labrador Retriever, though.
The old man's hairline is at the top red line, to the left of the baby, and his eyes are at about the same level as the baby's eyes, but his chin is almost down by the bird. I don't see the Lab. :(

I see you GT! :p
15i485z.jpg
:D That reminds me, Dave, after you named your '19 Guardians Lambsfoot Totem, I wanted to show you this little practice piece (above and to the right) I whittled 2-3 years ago:
dbGYY7X.jpg

I have seen that whale knife: beautiful!
I agree! :thumbsup::thumbsup: José's whale knife is a wonderful piece!

Here's a pic of my Lam Jack when it was new (October 2017):
gl.mark.halfopen.leaves.jpg

- GT

Daaang, GT! Well, now I see them, but I don't think I want to. :eek: Best wishes for continuing vision improvement.

All this finding of images in the knives reminds me of that old dirty joke about Rorschach Tests. "Hey, you're the one showing me the dirty pictures, Doc!"

o1tBlBc.jpg
Thanks for wishing me well on my "vision quest", for the old psych joke, and for the stag lambsfoot photo! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (How long does a 4.4oz jar of Marmite last you?)

When the Cracker Jack come marching home!... I'm glad to hear your vision treatment is progressing Gary! Hope you're adjusting slowly to the easy life.
Thanks, Dwight. :) See you later (I hope ;)).

Hi Gary. Thank you for the nice words. I chose the name Gus,because it sounded like a name from the past. Someone who was a hard worker, like this knife must have been. It just popped into my head. I can’t tell if it’s stag or bone Stag like Jack Black Jack Black referred to it as. Take care.
Thanks for your informative reply to my nosy request, Harvey. :)

Another superb sylvan shot of your ironwood, Dwight! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Lots of green growth already in your neck of the woods! ;)

No pun is too corny for me to stoop to GT :rolleyes: I'm afraid not, but there's some more info about the song here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lion_Sleeps_Tonight
I can barely see my computer screen at the moment because of bright sunshine outside outside! :eek: 'Stag Bone' or 'Bone Stag' are older words for what we would call 'jigged bone' today, though it was specifically tooled and dyed to imitate stag. Sometimes it was just called 'Stag', with the real stuff called 'Genuine Stag' or 'Real Stag', so old catalogues can be confusing. There's also pressed stag (just to confuse things further) :thumbsup:
I had a pretty good birthday yesterday, headed over to Huddersfield and found a few pointies in the market. Then went for a great breakfast, snapped this pic of my AC with my coffee, while waiting for the feast to arrive :D

gM5IQsW.jpg

Puns :D
Sounds like "stag" history is quite a rabbit hole, Jack; thanks for the overview. Thanks also for some details on your enjoyable birthday activities, including photos - great shot of your AC.
Recently (well, sometime in the past week or two) there was a story, quite positive, on the radio about Wensleydale cheese. Was that just hipster hype, or is Wensleydale cheese a favorite of typical Yorkshire residents? Have you ever sliced some with a lambsfoot? ;)

Good to see your ironwood out "walking the plank", Dennis! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

None, they are friends. Jack is a sheep dog (lamb dog?) after all. :)
:D

Thanks for the verdant vista, David! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gary, sometimes the imagination of people is an extraordinary thing...:):thumbsup:
Yes, indeed! :D

Thank you very much for the attention, yes the time here in Portugal already seems Summer...:thumbsup:
I have no more snow piles in my back yard! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another Lam Jack photo, this time playing with my rosewood Union Jack:
LJ&UJ.crossed.jpg

- GT

That reminds me, Dave, after you named your '19 Guardians Lambsfoot Totem, I wanted to show you this little practice piece (above and to the right) I whittled 2-3 years ago:
Gary you did a mighty fine job on creating a totem. :thumbsup::cool: your Native American name is "GT Running Shoe" :D

A week ago? That means you have to be at least 20 pages behind. :D
"At least" is the operative phrase, John. ;) I went to bed about 9pm Thursday and I was caught up in this thread. I got back to the thread on Saturday morning, and among other Saturday chores, eventually caught up about 6pm, after reading 11 pages.
The earliest of the multi quotes I just addressed were from more than a week ago, but I was essentially reading each page and choosing ONE post per page to which I'd respond. It's turned into a subjective "beauty contest" for me! :eek::rolleyes:

- GT

Back