Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

One more photo of this duo...:cool::thumbsup:

2r757oz.jpg

Mad respect to anyone who tries(dares:)) to keep up on a Part Time basis.

@JohnDF Tasty

Prester John Prester John Also Tasty.:)

Jack Black Jack Black A pint to slake the thirst while watching the slaughter and mayhem.

dc50 dc50 Enjoy the Molson. Cheers David.

@Ramrodmb A good look at the pile side.

Jack Black Jack Black Just the coolest pictures.

JTB_5 JTB_5 That Stag looks wonderful, Joshua.

I’m not much of a drinker, but enjoy an occasional one. After seeing all the carousing:)))that goes on around here, I felt the need to join in on the fun. I went to the local merchant, knowing absolute zip about what to drink. After a thorough consultation, I chose a four pack of Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout. Supposedly brewed with water drawn from a well sunk in 1758. All I can say is that it was delicious, and that I still have three more bottles.
View attachment 1105999

Good choice!

The large bottle (at least a half litre--might be 24 oz.) is between $4 and $5 at the grocery store, so yes, a little expensive. I can get a six-pack of many beers for between $6 and $9.

I think it's an Imperial Pint, if I'm not mistaken :) Here, Sam Smith's have their own pubs, and the draught beers are very cheap, but the bottled beers, are not a great deal less than you pay, probably because there is a lot of tax on alcohol here. For a decent US beer, you're probably not going to find anything for less than $5 a can here, and you could pay a lot more :thumbsup:

I've been down at the Royal Armouries museum again today as I noticed they had a War of the Roses (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses) weekend on. I stayed for a small-scale re-enactment of the Battle of Dinting Dale, which was fun to watch. I thought I'd share a few pics (maybe post some more in the Pearl thread if I ever get a chance :rolleyes:). I was impressed with how the re-enactors got stuck in :D :thumbsup:

aIAcKp8.jpg

jxC3XrP.jpg

VLFL3iF.jpg

However the REAL violence came later! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

6PLgEpL.jpg

fYVL25x.jpg

PfH9GOs.jpg

The Black Prince was in attendence ;) :thumbsup:

25h3rNF.jpg

Great pictures, Jack. I hope you survived in one piece. :)
And wonderful to see kids having fun with "dangerous weapons" (in the minds of some)
One of my sons still bears a small arm mark from a wooded sword thrust by his brother, which he shows off as a badge of honor. :)

Back