Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Vince, we see Samuel Adams beer advertised on TV here a fair bit. What's your opinion on this beer?
If I had to pick only one beer to drink the rest of my life, I couldn't go wrong with Samuel Adams Boston Lager. It's better than Shiner, but I do like some variety. Sam Adams has different beers now, including seasonals. They are all good, but I like their original lager the best. I first tasted it around Christmas 1987 in Annapolis. Loved it ever since.

If I had to pick only one beer to drink the rest of my life, I couldn't go wrong with Samuel Adams Boston Lager. It's better than Shiner, but I do like some variety. Sam Adams has different beers now, including seasonals. They are all good, but I like their original lager the best. I first tasted it around Christmas 1987 in Annapolis. Loved it ever since.
Thank you, Vince, its good to know, they must be advertising here in the West because there are still quite a few old-time lager drinkers around. The younger generation are into craft IPA"s o_O

Thank you, Vince, its good to know, they must be advertising here in the West because there are still quite a few old-time lager drinkers around. The younger generation are into craft IPA"s o_O
Yeah, it seems like that's the ONLY kind of beer two of my sons buy. Can't stand the stuff.
Do they still make Moosehead?

Edit: adding lambsfoot content:
71HHtZE.jpg

Thanks, Dwight. :) See you later (I hope
Hasta luego amigo. Y pronto.

Another superb sylvan shot of your ironwood, Dwight! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Lots of green growth already in your neck of the woods!
Thank you GT. Yep we are greening up around here. But the green grass is mostly rye that I planted back in the fall.

Great pic of your Big 'Un Dwight
Thank you Jack.

Still a great pic Dwight
I thank you again my friend.

The Black Prince was in attendence
The Black Prince is very handsome.

I’m not much of a drinker, but enjoy an occasional one. After seeing all the carousing:)))that goes on around here, I felt the need to join in on the fun. I went to the local merchant, knowing absolute zip about what to drink. After a thorough consultation, I chose a four pack of Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout. Supposedly brewed with water drawn from a well sunk in 1758. All I can say is that it was delicious, and that I still have three more bottles.
Good choice pal. And another super cool photo.

Great knives posted today.

IMG_1182.jpeg

Yeah, it seems like that's the ONLY kind of beer two of my sons buy. Can't stand the stuff.
Do they still make Moosehead?

71HHtZE.jpg
My two Sons are the same, they took me to some craft beer pub and all they had was IPA :eek: I also hate the stuff. Moosehead is still being made in Eastern Canada.

Hasta luego amigo. Y pronto.

Thank you GT. Yep we are greening up around here. But the green grass is mostly rye that I planted back in the fall.

Thank you Jack.

I thank you again my friend.

The Black Prince is very handsome.

Good choice pal. And another super cool photo.

Great knives posted today.

View attachment 1106362
That’s a cool shot. Still trying to figure out what that glass thingy is, and what is the flooring. Very impressionistic, Dwight.

I've been down at the Royal Armouries museum again today as I noticed they had a War of the Roses (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses) weekend on. I stayed for a small-scale re-enactment of the Battle of Dinting Dale, which was fun to watch. I thought I'd share a few pics (maybe post some more in the Pearl thread if I ever get a chance :rolleyes:). I was impressed with how the re-enactors got stuck in :D :thumbsup:

aIAcKp8.jpg

jxC3XrP.jpg

VLFL3iF.jpg

However the REAL violence came later! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

6PLgEpL.jpg

fYVL25x.jpg

PfH9GOs.jpg

The Black Prince was in attendence ;) :thumbsup:

25h3rNF.jpg
Thanks for the great photos Jack! :)

Great pictures, Jack. I hope you survived in one piece. :)
And wonderful to see kids having fun with "dangerous weapons" (in the minds of some)
One of my sons still bears a small arm mark from a wooded sword thrust by his brother, which he shows off as a badge of honor. :)

Thank you my friend, I think I took about a hundred! :D Yes, I was quite surprised, it was great to see so many kids enjoying themselves in such an active 'old-fashioned' way, bring back mumblety-peg! :D My uncle bore a small scar on his thumb from where him and my dad were fencing with a pair of WW1 bayonets as kids. When I was young, the bayonets were still lying around at my grandparents. I have at least a couple of scars from my own 'fencing' days :D :thumbsup:

71HHtZE.jpg

Thanks for the Lambsfoot content Vince, I haven't had coffee yet, and thought I was in the wrong thread! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Wow Dwight, you really take a great pic :thumbsup:

Looking good Taylor :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great photos Jack! :)

Thanks Ron :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, another week beckons (so much to do)! Hope everyone has a good one :) I thought I'd pocket this one today :thumbsup:

22ZKDIV.jpg

Last edited:
One of my favorite animals. Did you carve that?
I wish I was that talented :rolleyes:
Actually, that is bronze and is signed A. Goldstein 75'. It was my mom's and I believe it was a wedding gift. She was born in 1916 and my folks were married in the 1930s so if 75' is the casting date, it would have been 1875. Anyway, it's been around for as long as I can remember. Here's a different angle.
BufA_640_HDR.jpg

I wish I was that talented :rolleyes:
Actually, that is bronze and is signed A. Goldstein 75'. It was my mom's and I believe it was a wedding gift. She was born in 1916 and my folks were married in the 1930s so if 75' is the casting date, it would have been 1875. Anyway, it's been around for as long as I can remember. Here's a different angle.
View attachment 1106476

Fascinating piece OG :thumbsup:

Good week Guardians, to start with a good beer!!!;):thumbsup:

2drezc6.jpg

I think I might wait until after lunch! :D I haven't had Superbock in ages, there was a time when a UK importer got it very cheap, and I used to get it delivered by the case, it was 15p a bottle (under 25 cents US)! :) :thumbsup:

I think I might wait until after lunch! :D I haven't had Superbock in ages, there was a time when a UK importer got it very cheap, and I used to get it delivered by the case, it was 15p a bottle (under 25 cents US)! :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks Jack.
It is a very appreciated beer in Portugal (especially in the North), this bottle is a 90th anniversary commemorative edition.
The current image is this.;):thumbsup:

28vys1z.jpg

One more photo of this duo...:cool::thumbsup:

2r757oz.jpg
Beautiful knives, Jose! Excellent photo.:thumbsup:

Totally agree, Vince. My all time favorite and if I had to pick one beer for life it would be Sam Adams Boston Lager. All the Sam Adams are good though.

I only drink about one beer a month.
Besides Sam Adams Boston Lager, this is my other favorite...

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Monday is here, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Only 5 more days 'til Friday! :) Thanks for all the kind words everyone, even if I am unable to thank you individually, it is still appreciated.:thumbsup:
3kWCivG.jpg

Back