1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    If I had to pick only one beer to drink the rest of my life, I couldn't go wrong with Samuel Adams Boston Lager. It's better than Shiner, but I do like some variety. Sam Adams has different beers now, including seasonals. They are all good, but I like their original lager the best. I first tasted it around Christmas 1987 in Annapolis. Loved it ever since.

2. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Vince, its good to know, they must be advertising here in the West because there are still quite a few old-time lager drinkers around. The younger generation are into craft IPA"s o_O

cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  3. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Yeah, it seems like that's the ONLY kind of beer two of my sons buy. Can't stand the stuff.
    Do they still make Moosehead?

Edit: adding lambsfoot content:[​IMG]

flatblackcapo, pjsjr, Dschal and 10 others like this.
  4. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Hasta luego amigo. Y pronto.

Thank you GT. Yep we are greening up around here. But the green grass is mostly rye that I planted back in the fall.

Thank you Jack.

I thank you again my friend.

The Black Prince is very handsome.

Good choice pal. And another super cool photo.

Great knives posted today.

IMG_1182.jpeg

5. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    My two Sons are the same, they took me to some craft beer pub and all they had was IPA :eek: I also hate the stuff. Moosehead is still being made in Eastern Canada.

cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  6. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    My usual local brewery favorite, an oatmeal stout from Schlafly.

SchOatStout.jpg

7. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    That’s a cool shot. Still trying to figure out what that glass thingy is, and what is the flooring. Very impressionistic, Dwight.

Fodderwing, dc50 and Prester John like this.
  8. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    IMG_20190407_182001.jpg
    Happy beer day!

flatblackcapo, pjsjr, Dschal and 11 others like this.
  9. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks Harvey. It is an old very large light bulb sitting on the fender of a gooseneck trailer of mine. :)

pjsjr, Jack Black, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the great photos Jack! :)

11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I only drink about one beer a month.
    Besides Sam Adams Boston Lager, this is my other favorite...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you my friend, I think I took about a hundred! :D Yes, I was quite surprised, it was great to see so many kids enjoying themselves in such an active 'old-fashioned' way, bring back mumblety-peg! :D My uncle bore a small scar on his thumb from where him and my dad were fencing with a pair of WW1 bayonets as kids. When I was young, the bayonets were still lying around at my grandparents. I have at least a couple of scars from my own 'fencing' days :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for the Lambsfoot content Vince, I haven't had coffee yet, and thought I was in the wrong thread! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Wow Dwight, you really take a great pic :thumbsup:

Looking good Taylor :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, another week beckons (so much to do)! Hope everyone has a good one :) I thought I'd pocket this one today :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  13. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    I wish I was that talented :rolleyes:
    Actually, that is bronze and is signed A. Goldstein 75'. It was my mom's and I believe it was a wedding gift. She was born in 1916 and my folks were married in the 1930s so if 75' is the casting date, it would have been 1875. Anyway, it's been around for as long as I can remember. Here's a different angle.
    BufA_640_HDR.jpg

14. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Good week Guardians, to start with a good beer!!!;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

TFBraden, cigarrodog, dc50 and 10 others like this.
  15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Fascinating piece OG :thumbsup:

I think I might wait until after lunch! :D I haven't had Superbock in ages, there was a time when a UK importer got it very cheap, and I used to get it delivered by the case, it was 15p a bottle (under 25 cents US)! :) :thumbsup:

OLd_gUY and cigarrodog like this.
  16. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Jack.
    It is a very appreciated beer in Portugal (especially in the North), this bottle is a 90th anniversary commemorative edition.
    The current image is this.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

17. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Sometimes I forget which thread I'm in! :thumbsup:

cigarrodog, dc50 and Jack Black like this.
  18. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Lovely new lambsfoot!

cigarrodog, dc50 and Jack Black like this.
  19. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Beautiful knives, Jose! Excellent photo.:thumbsup:

Totally agree, Vince. My all time favorite and if I had to pick one beer for life it would be Sam Adams Boston Lager. All the Sam Adams are good though.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Monday is here, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Only 5 more days 'til Friday! :) Thanks for all the kind words everyone, even if I am unable to thank you individually, it is still appreciated.:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Me too! I was in the EDC thread the other day, and there were so many Lambsfoot knives, when I came to a Barlow, I thought 'What's that doing here?'! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Vince :) :thumbsup: