Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

A Bobby-Dazzler it is my friend :) I know exactly what you mean about the pics! :D I think these are a bit 'cleaner' than usual, but some oil and a flushing never hurts :) A pleasure my friend, I'm glad you're so pleased with it, and I'm sure Ashley will be too :) :thumbsup:
Came very clean - just want to be sure to take good care of it

The first time I saw the Senator on their Site, I was less than impressed. When I actually received one and held it in my hand, I immediately fell in LOVE. It is a beautiful, well sized, and nicely weighted knife. Very elegant...add vintage Sambar Stag Covers and a beautiful Damascus Lambsfoot Blade, not to mention the gorgeous file work on the spring, well you must be in “hog heaven.” Congratulations!
Hog heaven is right on

It's a "Bobby-Dazzler" :thumbsup::D
I heard the term on the telly so I wasn't sure

It is a really beautiful knife, OG. Congratulations.
Thank you

Beautiful pattern Damascus.
Pics don't do it justice - it's stunning - fantastic etch

Thank you, everyone

I hope all you Guardians have a great week! Mines starting off with a wee Sambar. :D

43675769400_4a074d1f41_b_d.jpg

Thank you, also for you Ron, but what a marvel of Sambar!!!;):thumbsup:

Good day, Guardians.

This thread is just about impossible to keep up with so I will just have to chime in whenever I can and try to catch up whenever there is time. Nobody's issue but my own.

However, sometimes it pays off to take a peak at past pages, otherwise I would have missed out on the tremendous news I've quoted below.

So, I have been trying to get GEC to make a Real Lamb Foot knife for several years!!:rolleyes:
It would be a production run of a pattern that has been largely ignored in the North American market since the Lambfoot was developed or invented in England.
I am proud to tell you, that the knife is in the works!!:)
The various stamps have arrived, and just to add to the firsts, it will be my first knife with my Brand on it! :eek: Waynorth Cutlery!!!:cool:
The knife is based on a Joseph Rodgers (JR) design I particularly admire. It won't be a direct copy, but will use some of the best features the JR has to offer, along with GEC's great design skills, materials and workmanship!!
Here are the Joseph Rodgers Lambfoot knives; the jigged bone being my favorite, but the wood (I think Cocabola ) my second.
View attachment 1105497

Here is a drawing of our American Lambfoot, and a revised sketch which shows a change in the kick. I was trying to get a "full" stovepipe*, but production realities altered it a bit!
The knife, on a new GEC pattern #93, is a hefty 3 7/8" long!!
Tang mark:
I used Buffalo as my home base, to recognize my birthplace, and to give tribute to the fact that the knife is truly American!View attachment 1105500 View attachment 1105504 View attachment 1105511

* another of those phrases only knife people understand!!:D

This all sounds terrific, Charlie! So many great things packed into these posts. An American Lambsfoot?! Your own cutlery stamp?!

Congratulations on your good fortune and success, Charlie. This knife is going to be rather special.

Thanks Jack and Harvey!!
Further news; it looks like the Lambfoot will be out near the end of May - first of June!!
I will announce it to the dealers soon!!

This is even more exciting! This year is quite the year for us Lambsfoot enthusiasts.

I am expecting something special in the mail today but in the meantime, I have this dark beauty in my pocket.

qpnJMbM.jpg

Good day, Guardians.

This thread is just about impossible to keep up with so I will just have to chime in whenever I can and try to catch up whenever there is time. Nobody's issue but my own.

However, sometimes it pays off to take a peak at past pages, otherwise I would have missed out on the tremendous news I've quoted below.

This all sounds terrific, Charlie! So many great things packed into these posts. An American Lambsfoot?! Your own cutlery stamp?!

Congratulations on your good fortune and success, Charlie. This knife is going to be rather special.

This is even more exciting! This year is quite the year for us Lambsfoot enthusiasts.

I am expecting something special in the mail today but in the meantime, I have this dark beauty in my pocket.

qpnJMbM.jpg

What a year eh Dylan? :) Lovely '18 my friend :) :thumbsup:

Yikes guys, I have a haunted Lambsfoot! :eek: I had it spinning all the way round, but it's hard to do that and film at the same time :D

I wonder how that happened, it seems to be the only one?! :eek: I know that if you strike an iron nail at a certain angle, you can magnetize it. Perhaps it is the same with Damascus! :confused: :cool: :thumbsup:

Yikes guys, I have a haunted Lambsfoot! :eek: I had it spinning all the way round, but it's hard to do that and film at the same time :D

I wonder how that happened, it seems to be the only one?! :eek: I know that if you strike an iron nail at a certain angle, you can magnetize it. Perhaps it is the same with Damascus! :confused: :cool: :thumbsup:
Maybe I should test my knives!

Wow Dwight, you really take a great pic
Thanks pal.

Actually, that is bronze and is signed A. Goldstein 75'. It was my mom's and I believe it was a wedding gift. She was born in 1916 and my folks were married in the 1930s so if 75' is the casting date, it would have been 1875. Anyway, it's been around for as long as I can remember. Here's a different angle.
That is a wonderful keepsake. Wow I love it!

Nice photo, Dwight is that a vacuum tube
Preston it is not a vacuum tube. Thank you!

Another striking photo, Dwight, hope your week is the same
Thank you again my friend.

Have a good Monday, Guardians. I took this photo on the way back from running and playing with Dutch.
High plains lamb drifter... :cool:

Beautiful photo Dwight
Thank you sir.

Fodderwing Fodderwing Your use of light makes for an attractive Lamb shot, Dwight.
Much appreciated Harvey.

Isn't it odd that you are the farthest from the UK and consistently the first to receive the mail. Anyway I am excited for you Old-gUY. That is a gorgeous senator and I'm looking forward to more pics. Congratulations!

Still carrying this one most week days .

Harry
I love that knife Harry.

Here's MORE. VERY HAPPY :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :D Thank you, Jack :cool::cool::cool: Please excuse the cat hair :rolleyes:
A double-bolstered design. It has nickel silver bolsters, chased brass liners, a file-worked back-spring, and vintage Sambar stag covers
View attachment 1106740
View attachment 1106741 View attachment 1106743 View attachment 1106745 View attachment 1106746 View attachment 1106749

Good day, Guardians.

qpnJMbM.jpg
Another phantom black prince.

Another picture of my Guardians 19, because I love this knife!;):thumbsup:

29krh2f.jpg
Simply gorgeous pin stripe.

That is very much like the image I remember from the 80's Jose :)

Great pic Mark, hope your week goes OK :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Classic John :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, you sure have some space there, great pic :) Have a great day :) :thumbsup:

m5W6zVU.jpg
Thanks, that Dami Lami is certainly a looker...need to see more of the blade, please. Yes, Jack, truly wide open spaces. I went to a machine gun shoot, the rancher stated that there was nothing down range for eleven miles. Some participants brought small, 75 mm, howitzers.
Looks like you and Vince could have the market cornered:cool::cool:
Thanks, buddy.
I enjoyed the War of the Roses pics. The kids pics were too funny! That little guy in the helmet had me cracking up.

CONGRATULATIONS , Charley !!!!!
Thank you for sticking with getting this Lambsfoot made. I look forward to seeing many other Waynorth knives in the future.

But Betty might get jealous! :eek::D
Always good to see ya here, GT!

33662445948_fd1b45c6ac_h.jpg

With some motor bikes from the same side of the pond. :D
Some great background for that great looking Lambsfoot!
That sculpture...What a treasure.

Pt-Luso Pt-Luso I like the way your green Lamb isn’t just green, but two tone. Very attractive.

@Ramrodmb The reflection of the flower on the blade makes your nice image even nicer.

Fodderwing Fodderwing Your use of light makes for an attractive Lamb shot, Dwight.

pjsjr pjsjr Your Lamb looks like it’s at “home on the range,” making for a great environmental portrait.

Jack Black Jack Black I’ll never tire looking at your Stag D. The “War Games” images are great fun to see.

@JohnDF That’s a fun shot of your Lamb.

@flatblackcapo Two great things to look at for the price of one.

@Half/Stop That’s a clean and beautiful looking Stag Lamb.

@dc50 The colors of your Lamb blends beautifully with the painting.

Have a Good Day Guardians!
Thanks, Harvey, it really is ' home on the range' around here.
Pancakes for breakfast? ;) Hope there's no snags my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Randy, here you go :thumbsup:

GWnQm4X.jpg
OK, thanks
Still carrying this one most week days .

Harry
That's a nice one Harry, it just begs to be carried!
Here's MORE. VERY HAPPY :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :D Thank you, Jack :cool::cool::cool: Please excuse the cat hair :rolleyes:
A double-bolstered design. It has nickel silver bolsters, chased brass liners, a file-worked back-spring, and vintage Sambar stag covers
View attachment 1106740
View attachment 1106741 View attachment 1106743 View attachment 1106745 View attachment 1106746 View attachment 1106749
Wonderful, OG, congrats on getting your Dami Lami so fast and thanks for the great pictures.
Good day, Guardians.

qpnJMbM.jpg
Great photo, Dylan, Vince and John want you to know you're a bit behind on your cap collection:D:p:D

Maybe it's one strike on the pile side to magnetize, one on the mark side to de-magnetize.;)
Thanks pal.

That is a wonderful keepsake. Wow I love it!

Preston it is not a vacuum tube. Thank you!

Thank you again my friend.

High plains lamb drifter... :cool:

Thank you sir.

Much appreciated Harvey.

Isn't it odd that you are the farthest from the UK and consistently the first to receive the mail. Anyway I am excited for you Old-gUY. That is a gorgeous senator and I'm looking forward to more pics. Congratulations!

I love that knife Harry.

Another phantom black prince.

Simply gorgeous pin stripe.
I read the other post Dwight where you stated it was a light bulb of some sort. Yes, high plains lamb drifter, would be accurate.
I punched 'reply' to soon:confused::confused: Here's a view out my 'backyard', at times I have up to 25-30 Pronghorn grazing when the rancher is not running his cows.
IMG_1040.JPG

Back