Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Well, it's 12:55 AM and the Giants just won their game against the Rockies, 3-2.
It went 18 innings :eek: and started at 7:15 PM yesterday, ended at 12:53 AM.
The Giants had only 8 hits - Colorado had 11.
There was a combined total of 501 pitches thrown by both teams.
Colorado used 10 pitchers, the Giants used 9.
Today's game starts at 1:05 PM :rolleyes:
My eyes are tired from looking at the TV and I'm going to bed.
View attachment 1109479
OG
And the Astros beat the 13-2 Mariners! Two players hit grand slams. :)

Going dog training today, snowed some last night so I'm leaving early. About an hour and half drive to where we are training today.
have a good day.
IMG_0954.JPG

I was curious so I looked at the data...in the last 30 days there have been 136 pages posted to this thread. That is a rate of 4.5 pages per day on average. I don't think any other thread even comes close to that...maybe the "what traditional ya totin' today" thread?
Darren, I was also curious about the pace of this thread and have used a slightly different approach than you did to gather some data. The following was posted on Feb. 23:
Here's an update (pages 701-710 now available) of a table I posted previously, showing data that suggest the acceleration of this thread over time. (And I think it "misses" the frenzy of activity when the 2019 Guardians ironwood lambsfoot knives started arriving in mailboxes!)
I counted how many days elapsed during the first "decade" of pages in each "century" of pages in this thread. Results:
Pages __________ Days Elapsed
1-10 _____________ 30
101-110 ___________ 14
201-210 ___________ 11
301-310 ___________ 16
401-410 ___________ 12
501-510 ___________ 8
601-610 ___________ 3
701-710 ___________ 2
- GT
Earlier this week, I did a "back-of-an-envelope" update for pages 801-810 and 901-910. IIRC (I recycled the envelope, apparently), both "samples" required 2 days to generate their 10 pages. We've apparently hit a posting plateau, at least temporarily! (Or maybe we're now posting at the speed of light and can post no faster! :eek::rolleyes:)

My lambsfoot for this week (Monday through tomorrow) has been my Man Jack, a stag senator I won in a GAW sponsored by a member from Manchester, England (thanks, Richard). Harvey recently obtained a very similar one, I think. Nice knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
2senator.pile.V.nov17.jpg

- GT

Well, it's 12:55 AM and the Giants just won their game against the Rockies, 3-2.
It went 18 innings :eek: and started at 7:15 PM yesterday, ended at 12:53 AM.
The Giants had only 8 hits - Colorado had 11.
There was a combined total of 501 pitches thrown by both teams.
Colorado used 10 pitchers, the Giants used 9.
Today's game starts at 1:05 PM :rolleyes:
My eyes are tired from looking at the TV and I'm going to bed.
View attachment 1109479
OG
Wow. You are a true fan to sit through the entire game.

And the Astros beat the 13-2 Mariners! Two players hit grand slams. :)
Sounds like the exact opposite of OG's game!

Going dog training today, snowed some last night so I'm leaving early. About an hour and half drive to where we are training today.
have a good day.
IMG_0954.JPG
Awesome pic Preston.

Half/Stop Half/Stop & 5K Qs 5K Qs - Ron and GT great stag lambs!

IMG_1176.jpeg

Darren, I was also curious about the pace of this thread and have used a slightly different approach than you did to gather some data. The following was posted on Feb. 23:

Earlier this week, I did a "back-of-an-envelope" update for pages 801-810 and 901-910. IIRC (I recycled the envelope, apparently), both "samples" required 2 days to generate their 10 pages. We've apparently hit a posting plateau, at least temporarily! (Or maybe we're now posting at the speed of light and can post no faster! :eek::rolleyes:)

My lambsfoot for this week (Monday through tomorrow) has been my Man Jack, a stag senator I won in a GAW sponsored by a member from Manchester, England (thanks, Richard). Harvey recently obtained a very similar one, I think. Nice knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1109540

- GT
I really love the Senator(have 2, now) and hope you enjoy yours with that nice Stag cover, Gary.

Half/Stop Half/Stop Looks like your off to a great start with that beautiful Stag Lamb.

Fodderwing Fodderwing Nice outdoorsie image of your Lamb, Dwight.

JohnDF JohnDF Good looking EDC to start the day, John.

Pt-Luso Pt-Luso Have fun in the Sun, José.:)

dc50 dc50 Cheers, my friend. Big, Big Congratulations! Well that’s a load off.:)

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb Have a great weekend, Mark.

Enjoy yourselves, you Guardians.:)
C12CFA79-34AC-43FB-89F4-5AE9496A20D6.jpeg

I really love the Senator(have 2, now) and hope you enjoy yours with that nice Stag cover, Gary.

Half/Stop Half/Stop Looks like your off to a great start with that beautiful Stag Lamb.

Fodderwing Fodderwing Nice outdoorsie image of your Lamb, Dwight.

JohnDF JohnDF Good looking EDC to start the day, John.

Pt-Luso Pt-Luso Have fun in the Sun, José.:)

dc50 dc50 Cheers, my friend. Big, Big Congratulations! Well that’s a load off.:)

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb Have a great weekend, Mark.

Enjoy yourselves, you Guardians.:)
View attachment 1109713
Another awesome presentation Harvey. :thumbsup::cool:

I had a Timex weekended, but the dial broke and disappeared while I was working outside. I decided to replace it with a Seiko 5, which I also had at one time, but got lost. I like the small, simple look of this watch, and the mechanical operation. The AC lambfoot speaks for itself.

fullsizeoutput_2e42.jpeg

(Or maybe we're now posting at the speed of light and can post no faster! :eek::rolleyes:)

View attachment 1109540

- GT

GT your a genius! Doesn't Einstein's Theory of General Relatively state that if you travel faster than light you could appear throughout existence at all times? So if were posting faster than light new posts would appear throughout the thread from page 1 through to the n² page which would explain why I've got 43 pages to catch up since last posting on April 5th, but why were not at 950 pages as I predicted because some old posts are now in the future and the new posts are appearing in the past..... :confused:
That's a nice looking Senator, A.Wright did well with the stag on that one :thumbsup:

A little wine and a Lambsfoot yesterday celebrating the sale of our home. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1109659

Congrats Dave! You had a spot of bother with that if I recall so I'm glad it's all sorted for you now :thumbsup:.

KapU5X9.jpg

Back