Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Won this one in a GAW from Jack Knife, with all these great Lambfoot blades I had to carry mine. Love the blade profile on these, extremely versatile.

Ec34Tgkh.jpg

XgVtcjdh.jpg

donn donn Beautiful stone for the back drop. May I ask what is it?

Of course Harvey. It's the tomb of a certain Sir Robert de Moreby a 14th Century English Knight.
Hs0Ybrf.jpg

There were of course many knights. This gentleman holds no particular place in history but he appears to of distinguished himself in his lifetime. He'd of served both King Edward II and King Edward III, the Isabella mentioned being the wife of Edward II; not one of our finest kings it must be said.
Zwewhby.jpg

Our country churches contain many of these tombs, though sadly not as many as they did as many were damaged during our civil wars in the 17th century. This one is to found in the pretty little Norman church of St' Helen's in the village of Stillingfleet in North Yorkshire. I was walking round the church and saw the colours cast onto the stone by the stained glass window above the tomb and just thought it would make a great shot.
i9rOAlf.jpg

aOQlO6v.jpg

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Have just been looking at a UK knives retailer website and they have a new in, A Wright lambsfoot in bubinga wood. This is a wood I am not at all familiar with and the photo on the website is not that good. Does anybody have one? If so what if the wood like? Thanks.

Of course Harvey. It's the tomb of a certain Sir Robert de Moreby a 14th Century English Knight.
Hs0Ybrf.jpg

There were of course many knights. This gentleman holds no particular place in history but he appears to of distinguished himself in his lifetime. He'd of served both King Edward II and King Edward III, the Isabella mentioned being the wife of Edward II; not one of our finest kings it must be said.
Zwewhby.jpg

Our country churches contain many of these tombs, though sadly not as many as they did as many were damaged during our civil wars in the 17th century. This one is to found in the pretty little Norman church of St' Helen's in the village of Stillingfleet in North Yorkshire. I was walking round the church and saw the colours cast onto the stone by the stained glass window above the tomb and just thought it would make a great shot.
i9rOAlf.jpg

aOQlO6v.jpg

Fantastic! Thanks for the tour and photos. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Hs0Ybrf.jpg

Zwewhby.jpg

i9rOAlf.jpg

aOQlO6v.jpg

Seems like it took him a long time to make knight.

Hs0Ybrf.jpg

Zwewhby.jpg

i9rOAlf.jpg

aOQlO6v.jpg

Thank you David. It was that reflected color of the stain glass that first attracted me to the image. Sir Robert had a very interesting background(I read the inscription). Also, what beautiful craftsmanship of the effigy. So much history, so many stories. Thank you kindly for sharing some of it.

Your Wee Staggy Rocks! :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

English knife Japanese beer
View attachment 1109425

Cheers Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Planning to tour the Shiner brewery tomorrow:
8ViI3Vr.jpg

Toting my Wee Staggie to the brewery.

Prosít!

Great stuff Vince :) :thumbsup:

I was curious so I looked at the data...in the last 30 days there have been 136 pages posted to this thread. That is a rate of 4.5 pages per day on average. I don't think any other thread even comes close to that...maybe the "what traditional ya totin' today" thread?

Yikes! :eek: Er...well done Guardians! :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 1109465

Here's my work and play beater. I'm trying to restore some balance here on the Lambsfoot thread, what with so many pictures of beautiful fancy Lambsfeet :thumbsup: showing up lately.

I'm not jealous o_O ........
I'm not jealous :eek: ........
I'm not jealous o_O ........
No, not me

Michael

P.S. Congrats all, on the stunning knives! :D

Looks good Michael, have you thinned out the blade a bit? :thumbsup:

Well, it's 12:55 AM and the Giants just won their game against the Rockies, 3-2.
It went 18 innings :eek: and started at 7:15 PM yesterday, ended at 12:53 AM.
The Giants had only 8 hits - Colorado had 11.
There was a combined total of 501 pitches thrown by both teams.
Colorado used 10 pitchers, the Giants used 9.
Today's game starts at 1:05 PM :rolleyes:
My eyes are tired from looking at the TV and I'm going to bed.
View attachment 1109479
OG

My brain hurts just from trying to work out what that all means! :eek: ;) :D Great pic OG ;) :thumbsup:

Going dog training today, snowed some last night so I'm leaving early. About an hour and half drive to where we are training today.
have a good day.
IMG_0954.JPG

Beautiful photo Preston :) :thumbsup:

Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :D

42904493630_a316cb595e_b_d.jpg

You too Ron, fab pic :) :thumbsup:

Darren, I was also curious about the pace of this thread and have used a slightly different approach than you did to gather some data. The following was posted on Feb. 23:

Earlier this week, I did a "back-of-an-envelope" update for pages 801-810 and 901-910. IIRC (I recycled the envelope, apparently), both "samples" required 2 days to generate their 10 pages. We've apparently hit a posting plateau, at least temporarily! (Or maybe we're now posting at the speed of light and can post no faster! :eek::rolleyes:)

My lambsfoot for this week (Monday through tomorrow) has been my Man Jack, a stag senator I won in a GAW sponsored by a member from Manchester, England (thanks, Richard). Harvey recently obtained a very similar one, I think. Nice knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1109540

- GT

:eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Good to see both you and your Man Jack here GT :) :thumbsup:

Lovely pic Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians... Happy Weekend. :)

Nice kit John :thumbsup:

One more photo of my beauties!:):thumbsup:

289eav6.jpg

Beauties indeed Jose :) :thumbsup:

It's the weekend! Let's celebrate!
coatEMV.jpg

Looks great Mark :) :thumbsup:

A little wine and a Lambsfoot yesterday celebrating the sale of our home. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1109659

Congratulations Dave :) :thumbsup:

Enjoy yourselves, you Guardians.:)
View attachment 1109713

Gorgeous pic of a fabulous knife Harvey, getting us a knife with bolsters like that is definitely one of my major ambitions! :D :thumbsup:

Nice Joshua :) :thumbsup:

GT your a genius! Doesn't Einstein's Theory of General Relatively state that if you travel faster than light you could appear throughout existence at all times? So if were posting faster than light new posts would appear throughout the thread from page 1 through to the n² page which would explain why I've got 43 pages to catch up since last posting on April 5th, but why were not at 950 pages as I predicted because some old posts are now in the future and the new posts are appearing in the past..... :confused:
That's a nice looking Senator, A.Wright did well with the stag on that one :thumbsup:

Congrats Dave! You had a spot of bother with that if I recall so I'm glad it's all sorted for you now :thumbsup:.

KapU5X9.jpg

I'm beginning to get a sort of Twilight Zone feeling! :eek: ;) That's a cool pic David, good to have you back :) :thumbsup:

Excellent pic OG! :) :thumbsup:

Won this one in a GAW from Jack Knife, with all these great Lambfoot blades I had to carry mine. Love the blade profile on these, extremely versatile.

Ec34Tgkh.jpg

XgVtcjdh.jpg

Looking good Ted, great to see you here :) :thumbsup:

Hs0Ybrf.jpg

Zwewhby.jpg

i9rOAlf.jpg

aOQlO6v.jpg

Very cool idea David, that's a beautiful old church :) :thumbsup:

Have just been looking at a UK knives retailer website and they have a new in, A Wright lambsfoot in bubinga wood. This is a wood I am not at all familiar with and the photo on the website is not that good. Does anybody have one? If so what if the wood like? Thanks.

I have bubinga on Scandanavian knives, nice enough wood. I'm wary of most of the UK retailers though :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Had a nice visit to Skipton today, and covered quite a few miles in the company of Lucy and the new feller :) :thumbsup:

iwwVgDP.jpg

Q6MT7zN.jpg

Took me more than 2 1/2 hours to edit my pics from today! :eek: Just having a few beers :) :thumbsup:

XFgrYPY.jpg

Fantastic! Thanks for the tour and photos. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you David. It was that reflected color of the stain glass that first attracted me to the image. Sir Robert had a very interesting background(I read the inscription). Also, what beautiful craftsmanship of the effigy. So much history, so many stories. Thank you kindly for sharing some of it.

Seems like it took him a long time to make knight.

Your welcome chaps. You'll see that church again in another post at some point in the future as I was there for something else.
And your right Jer I'm not sure what the (various) criteria were for being knighted. Obviously you had to be of noble birth but noble birth did not necessarily mean you'd be knighted. Not sure whether it depended on your father having passed and the knight inheriting the title and estate.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Had a nice visit to Skipton today, and covered quite a few miles in the company of Lucy and the new feller :) :thumbsup:

iwwVgDP.jpg

Q6MT7zN.jpg

Took me more than 2 1/2 hours to edit my pics from today! :eek: Just having a few beers :) :thumbsup:

XFgrYPY.jpg

I've obviously missed a bit Jack, but is the new fella one of those Damascus bladed chaps you mentioned a good few weeks a back?
And secondly is that a 'proper' Brown Ale? :)

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Cheers Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Great stuff Vince :) :thumbsup:

Yikes! :eek: Er...well done Guardians! :D :thumbsup:

Looks good Michael, have you thinned out the blade a bit? :thumbsup:

My brain hurts just from trying to work out what that all means! :eek: ;) :D Great pic OG ;) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Preston :) :thumbsup:

You too Ron, fab pic :) :thumbsup:

:eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Good to see both you and your Man Jack here GT :) :thumbsup:

Lovely pic Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Nice kit John :thumbsup:

Beauties indeed Jose :) :thumbsup:

Looks great Mark :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations Dave :) :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pic of a fabulous knife Harvey, getting us a knife with bolsters like that is definitely one of my major ambitions! :D :thumbsup:

Nice Joshua :) :thumbsup:

I'm beginning to get a sort of Twilight Zone feeling! :eek: ;) That's a cool pic David, good to have you back :) :thumbsup:

Excellent pic OG! :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Ted, great to see you here :) :thumbsup:

Very cool idea David, that's a beautiful old church :) :thumbsup:

I have bubinga on Scandanavian knives, nice enough wood. I'm wary of most of the UK retailers though :thumbsup:

iwwVgDP.jpg

Q6MT7zN.jpg

XFgrYPY.jpg
Thank you Jack. Hope you enjoyed the pint as much as you enjoyed your day. Great image of your Lambs’ moment in the Sun. I think you deserve a second pint.:)

Newbie here,
Does A. Wright and Sons make the Lambsfoot with the Damascus
Blades or is it someone else? Thanks.
Larry

Hi Larry :) Those knives were made by A.Wright & Sons, but they were a Special Factory Order :thumbsup:

I've obviously missed a bit Jack, but is the new fella one of those Damascus bladed chaps you mentioned a good few weeks a back?
And secondly is that a 'proper' Brown Ale? :)

Yes indeed, one of only 20 in total, only five of which are of that pattern :thumbsup:

Brewed in Newcastle, and the feller in the Skipton beer shop reckons more of it is drunk on Tyneside than any other Brown Ale :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. Hope you enjoyed the pint as much as you enjoyed your day. Great image of your Lambs’ moment in the Sun. I think you deserve a second pint.:)

Thank you Dwight, almost ;) I did have a few before that one ;) :D :thumbsup:

Hs0Ybrf.jpg

Zwewhby.jpg

i9rOAlf.jpg

aOQlO6v.jpg

I would also like to express how much I enjoyed your write up and pics. Well done :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
OG

Back