1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @JTB_5 That’s a nice Seiko pilots watch to go with your fine Lamb, Joshua.

@donn Beautiful stone for the back drop. May I ask what is it?

mitch4ging likes this.
  2. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Won this one in a GAW from Jack Knife, with all these great Lambfoot blades I had to carry mine. Love the blade profile on these, extremely versatile.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, Dschal and 12 others like this.
  3. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks Harvey!

cigarrodog likes this.
  4. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Of course Harvey. It's the tomb of a certain Sir Robert de Moreby a 14th Century English Knight.
    [​IMG]

There were of course many knights. This gentleman holds no particular place in history but he appears to of distinguished himself in his lifetime. He'd of served both King Edward II and King Edward III, the Isabella mentioned being the wife of Edward II; not one of our finest kings it must be said.
    [​IMG]

Our country churches contain many of these tombs, though sadly not as many as they did as many were damaged during our civil wars in the 17th century. This one is to found in the pretty little Norman church of St' Helen's in the village of Stillingfleet in North Yorkshire. I was walking round the church and saw the colours cast onto the stone by the stained glass window above the tomb and just thought it would make a great shot.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers! :thumbsup:

peanutsxx, TFBraden, Dschal and 15 others like this.
  5. WDJ

WDJ Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Have just been looking at a UK knives retailer website and they have a new in, A Wright lambsfoot in bubinga wood. This is a wood I am not at all familiar with and the photo on the website is not that good. Does anybody have one? If so what if the wood like? Thanks.

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Fantastic! Thanks for the tour and photos. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

7. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Seems like it took him a long time to make knight.

donn likes this.
  8. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Thank you David. It was that reflected color of the stain glass that first attracted me to the image. Sir Robert had a very interesting background(I read the inscription). Also, what beautiful craftsmanship of the effigy. So much history, so many stories. Thank you kindly for sharing some of it.

mitch4ging, dc50, donn and 1 other person like this.
  9. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    A generous GAW. Hope you enjoy that good looking Lambsfoot.

mitch4ging and dc50 like this.
  10. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Cheers Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Great stuff Vince :) :thumbsup:

Yikes! :eek: Er...well done Guardians! :D :thumbsup:

Looks good Michael, have you thinned out the blade a bit? :thumbsup:

My brain hurts just from trying to work out what that all means! :eek: ;) :D Great pic OG ;) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Preston :) :thumbsup:

You too Ron, fab pic :) :thumbsup:

:eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Good to see both you and your Man Jack here GT :) :thumbsup:

Lovely pic Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Nice kit John :thumbsup:

Beauties indeed Jose :) :thumbsup:

Looks great Mark :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations Dave :) :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pic of a fabulous knife Harvey, getting us a knife with bolsters like that is definitely one of my major ambitions! :D :thumbsup:

Nice Joshua :) :thumbsup:

I'm beginning to get a sort of Twilight Zone feeling! :eek: ;) That's a cool pic David, good to have you back :) :thumbsup:

Excellent pic OG! :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Ted, great to see you here :) :thumbsup:

Very cool idea David, that's a beautiful old church :) :thumbsup:

I have bubinga on Scandanavian knives, nice enough wood. I'm wary of most of the UK retailers though :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Had a nice visit to Skipton today, and covered quite a few miles in the company of Lucy and the new feller :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took me more than 2 1/2 hours to edit my pics from today! :eek: Just having a few beers :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, JTB_5 and 14 others like this.
  11. donn

Sep 14, 2002
    Your welcome chaps. You'll see that church again in another post at some point in the future as I was there for something else.
    And your right Jer I'm not sure what the (various) criteria were for being knighted. Obviously you had to be of noble birth but noble birth did not necessarily mean you'd be knighted. Not sure whether it depended on your father having passed and the knight inheriting the title and estate.

12. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Newbie here,
    Does A. Wright and Sons make the Lambsfoot with the Damascus
    Blades or is it someone else? Thanks.
    Larry

Cutfinger likes this.
  13. donn

Sep 14, 2002
    I've obviously missed a bit Jack, but is the new fella one of those Damascus bladed chaps you mentioned a good few weeks a back?
    And secondly is that a 'proper' Brown Ale? :)

Jack Black likes this.
  14. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Jack. Hope you enjoyed the pint as much as you enjoyed your day. Great image of your Lambs’ moment in the Sun. I think you deserve a second pint.:)

mitch4ging, dc50 and Jack Black like this.
  15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hi Larry :) Those knives were made by A.Wright & Sons, but they were a Special Factory Order :thumbsup:

Yes indeed, one of only 20 in total, only five of which are of that pattern :thumbsup:

Brewed in Newcastle, and the feller in the Skipton beer shop reckons more of it is drunk on Tyneside than any other Brown Ale :thumbsup:

Thank you Dwight, almost ;) I did have a few before that one ;) :D :thumbsup:

16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, Jack. Good to see you back in here today.

17. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    I would also like to express how much I enjoyed your write up and pics. Well done :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    OG

donn, Cutfinger, mitch4ging and 3 others like this.
  18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you John :) Hope you're having a great weekend :thumbsup:

dc50, cigarrodog and JohnDF like this.
  19. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, friends now come's the packing and organizing the moving truck, etc we are looking forward to our new location. :D

20. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    I agree with you my friend, I love the history and photos :thumbsup::thumbsup: