Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I certainly understand, Preston. I've had a long day too and am exhausted. It's hard to keep up sometimes. :cool:
Get’s some rest, Vince, then let us know how the Shiner Tour went. My guess is that a good time was had by all.

@pjsjr Tell us all about it....later...ZZZZZZ

dc50 dc50 That Image warms my heart.

@waverave Nifty pins there, Darren. Unless your sworn to secrecy, any further Lamb Intel would be much appreciated. Sure looks like you had fun.

@tmd_87 Cheers at the fire pit.

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Cheers Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Great stuff Vince :) :thumbsup:

Yikes! :eek: Er...well done Guardians! :D :thumbsup:

Looks good Michael, have you thinned out the blade a bit? :thumbsup:

My brain hurts just from trying to work out what that all means! :eek: ;) :D Great pic OG ;) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Preston :) :thumbsup:

You too Ron, fab pic :) :thumbsup:

:eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Good to see both you and your Man Jack here GT :) :thumbsup:

Lovely pic Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Nice kit John :thumbsup:

Beauties indeed Jose :) :thumbsup:

Looks great Mark :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations Dave :) :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pic of a fabulous knife Harvey, getting us a knife with bolsters like that is definitely one of my major ambitions! :D :thumbsup:

Nice Joshua :) :thumbsup:

I'm beginning to get a sort of Twilight Zone feeling! :eek: ;) That's a cool pic David, good to have you back :) :thumbsup:

Excellent pic OG! :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Ted, great to see you here :) :thumbsup:

Very cool idea David, that's a beautiful old church :) :thumbsup:

I have bubinga on Scandanavian knives, nice enough wood. I'm wary of most of the UK retailers though :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Had a nice visit to Skipton today, and covered quite a few miles in the company of Lucy and the new feller :) :thumbsup:

iwwVgDP.jpg

Q6MT7zN.jpg

Took me more than 2 1/2 hours to edit my pics from today! :eek: Just having a few beers :) :thumbsup:

XFgrYPY.jpg

Thanks, Jack! You have some beautiful knife pics today.

Here is a drawing of our American Lambfoot, and a revised sketch which shows a change in the kick. I was trying to get a "full" stovepipe*, but production realities altered it a bit!
The knife, on a new GEC pattern #93, is a hefty 3 7/8" long!!
Tang mark:
I used Buffalo as my home base, to recognize my birthplace, and to give tribute to the fact that the knife is truly American!View attachment 1105500 View attachment 1105504 View attachment 1105511

* another of those phrases only knife people understand!!:D

Congratulations on your new introduction Charlie...… Buffalo, NY is an great choice as it always represented innovation and cutting edge....AND, I lived there as a kid !!...:):)……… Hope to meet you in Titusville in August....

image.jpg Yes Jack, I did thin out the blade. Good eye :thumbsup:

I ground away at the primary bevel, back from just behind the cutting edge on the sharpening bevel, to the spine, getting rid of a wide and uneven sharpening bevel, and straightening a previously warped blade.

I just now put a fresh edge on both blades, so it's ready for anything. :)

Michael

Last edited:
Thanks Jack. Great pics of your travel companions. :) Looking forward to some of the pics of your trip.

View attachment 1109902

Thank you very much Dwight, stellar pic there, as always :) :thumbsup:

Well, I just took the plunge and ordered my first Lambsfoot knife.:)
Larry

Hope you get a good 'un Larry :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dwight :D the town of Cochrane is around 48 Miles east from Canmore. Cochrane is a picturesque town in ranch country built along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Calgary is only 18 miles away.
cochrane-alberta-cochrane-dental-centre.jpg

Good luck in your new adventure Dave :) :thumbsup:

“Purple Mountains Majesty.” Makes me want to mount up and go riding off into the sunset.

Me too! :) Though I think I'd need 'Learner' plates! :D :thumbsup:

Looking good Dave :) :thumbsup:

Some beautiful photos, one and all! I love open vistas! RALF is enjoying the evening air here in the Midwest.

GMwLpMV.jpg

RALF is looking good :) :thumbsup:

I saw Charlie's graphics a while back, but it is great to see those buttons in your hand Darren :) Excited about the knives :thumbsup:

Hope you had a great visit Vince, cool pic with your AC :cool: :thumbsup:

Having returned from the training day, I will not try to catch up, really tired. Helped with getting the test set up, then out in the field shooting flyers. Came in to watch a few dogs run, then ran Dutch. He was next to last dog...then helped put away dogs and put all the equipment away.

I was in such a hurry this AM that I forgot to take a Lambsfoot, really didn't have an opportunity to take any pictures so I'll post a previously used one. What a wonderful batch of posts/photos you Guardians put up today. Have a good evening.
DSC_0260%5B1%5D.JPG

Sounds like you put a lot of work in Preston :) Great pic of your '19 :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! You have some beautiful knife pics today.

Thank you Joshua :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1110034 Yes Jack, I did thin out the blade. Good eye :thumbsup:

I ground away at the primary bevel, back from just behind the cutting edge on the sharpening bevel, to the spine, getting rid of a wide and uneven sharpening bevel, and straightening a previously warped blade.

I just now put a fresh edge on both blades, so it's ready for anything. :)

Michael

Nice work Michael, it looks like it'll cut like the Dickens :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is having a great weekend. I ache today, but in a sort of good way, as I clocked up miles yesterday than I regularly hike these days :) Got some housework to do today, and some stuff in the garden, but hoping I can hang out on The Porch a little too ;) Enjoy your Sunday Guardians, this one seemed appropriate to the day :) :thumbsup:

84VWH3N.jpg

Yes indeed, one of only 20 in total, only five of which are of that pattern :thumbsup:

Brewed in Newcastle, and the feller in the Skipton beer shop reckons more of it is drunk on Tyneside than any other Brown Ale :thumbsup:

Well may I say how handsome it looks. I'll have to go back through the thread and look up it's introduction :thumbsup:
I hope that beer then is a worthy successor to that other Newcastle Brown Ale which is now brewed in....Birmingham..?? :rolleyes:

Thanks, Dwight :D the town of Cochrane is around 48 Miles east from Canmore. Cochrane is a picturesque town in ranch country built along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Calgary is only 18 miles away.
cochrane-alberta-cochrane-dental-centre.jpg

That looks stunning Dave. But I've got to say when I looked at that picture my first thought was actually "I wonder if Cochrane also has a big head sculpture??"...:D
Good look with the move!

I would also like to express how much I enjoyed your write up and pics. Well done :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
OG

I agree with you my friend, I love the history and photos :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am so relieved. I was fussing and fuming because I thought it was graffiti! :eek: As usual David, a wonderful post full of interesting content. Always enjoy your travels.

View attachment 1109902

A magazine quality shot again Dwight; you certainly have some skill with a lens. :thumbsup:

And thank you all chaps, your very welcome and it's good to hear you enjoy them so much. They'll be more as I post more pics of my rosewood, which is helping me with some chores about the house today. :)
jpw7509.jpg

P.S. Not my house. :thumbsup:

Well may I say how handsome it looks. I'll have to go back through the thread and look up it's introduction :thumbsup:
I hope that beer then is a worthy successor to that other Newcastle Brown Ale which is now brewed in....Birmingham..?? :rolleyes:

That looks stunning Dave. But I've got to say when I looked at that picture my first thought was actually "I wonder if Cochrane also has a big head sculpture??"...:D
Good look with the move!

A magazine quality shot again Dwight; you certainly have some skill with a lens. :thumbsup:

And thank you all chaps, your very welcome and it's good to hear you enjoy them so much. They'll be more as I post more pics of my rosewood, which is helping me with some chores about the house today. :)
jpw7509.jpg

P.S. Not my house. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much David :) It's a bit of a Fancy Dan, but I am very pleased with it :)

I suspect that Newcastle Brown's move south may be a factor in declining sales. Apparently Mann's sell more of their Brown Ale on Tyneside now. When I was young, I drank brown ale regularly, now it is more of an occasional treat, as I don't see it as often. I am still to try Timmy Taylor's Brown Ale :thumbsup:

LOL! :D That's funny about the Big Head David! :D :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing more of your pics my friend :thumbsup:

Thank you very much David :) It's a bit of a Fancy Dan, but I am very pleased with it :)

I suspect that Newcastle Brown's move south may be a factor in declining sales. Apparently Mann's sell more of their Brown Ale on Tyneside now. When I was young, I drank brown ale regularly, now it is more of an occasional treat, as I don't see it as often. I am still to try Timmy Taylor's Brown Ale :thumbsup:

LOL! :D That's funny about the Big Head David! :D :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing more of your pics my friend :thumbsup:

It's a very Fancy Dan Jack.:thumbsup: Thanks for reposting that pic, I was just looking at that on page 890something :thumbsup:. Their all nice but the ironwood is the looker of the bunch :cool::thumbsup:
How come Wright's came to do these though? Are they prototypes to test the market? Random blades they've found at the back of the storeroom?

Aye I occasionally drink a bottle of Mann's but I've not touched Newkie Brown in years, and I didn't even know Timmy Taylor's did a brown ale so thanks for making me aware of that :D

It's a very Fancy Dan Jack.:thumbsup: Thanks for reposting that pic, I was just looking at that on page 890something :thumbsup:. Their all nice but the ironwood is the looker of the bunch :cool::thumbsup:
How come Wright's came to do these though? Are they prototypes to test the market? Random blades they've found at the back of the storeroom?

Aye I occasionally drink a bottle of Mann's but I've not touched Newkie Brown in years, and I didn't even know Timmy Taylor's did a brown ale so thanks for making me aware of that :D

The patterns were commissioned by me David :thumbsup:

I saw Taylor's Brown Ale on sale in The Fat Cat last August, but the pump was on the other side of the bar, so I didn't see it until we were about to leave, and they've not had it on again. I'm due a trip over to Keighley ;)

Thank you very much Dwight, stellar pic there, as always :) :thumbsup:

Hope you get a good 'un Larry :) :thumbsup:

Good luck in your new adventure Dave :) :thumbsup:

Me too! :) Though I think I'd need 'Learner' plates! :D :thumbsup:

Looking good Dave :) :thumbsup:

RALF is looking good :) :thumbsup:

I saw Charlie's graphics a while back, but it is great to see those buttons in your hand Darren :) Excited about the knives :thumbsup:

Hope you had a great visit Vince, cool pic with your AC :cool: :thumbsup:

Sounds like you put a lot of work in Preston :) Great pic of your '19 :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Nice work Michael, it looks like it'll cut like the Dickens :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is having a great weekend. I ache today, but in a sort of good way, as I clocked up miles yesterday than I regularly hike these days :) Got some housework to do today, and some stuff in the garden, but hoping I can hang out on The Porch a little too ;) Enjoy your Sunday Guardians, this one seemed appropriate to the day :) :thumbsup:

84VWH3N.jpg
What a marvelous photo of your lambsfoot Jack:thumbsup::cool:

Your welcome chaps. You'll see that church again in another post at some point in the future as I was there for something else.
And your right Jer I'm not sure what the (various) criteria were for being knighted. Obviously you had to be of noble birth but noble birth did not necessarily mean you'd be knighted. Not sure whether it depended on your father having passed and the knight inheriting the title and estate.
I read somewhere that men at arms offerred knighthoods for their deeds of arms would sometimes decline because they lacked the funds to support the dignity.
It doesn't seem like this guy would be in that category, and you'd think 10 years fighting in Scotland would have given him some opportunities.
Be back with some lambsfoot content.
[ah, here it is.]
qF7pB0E.jpg

The last of a few I got for Christmas in 1967 in London. Good thing we had family there, because absolutely everything was closed for a few days.

Last edited:
Back