Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

When you were a teenager, did you ever make a small hole halfway down your friend's can with your knife? :D :thumbsup:
Don't remember, but my son asked for a beer this afternoon, and I told him it was a new kind of beer and he had to shake it to settle the contents AND HE STARTED TO SHAKE IT! Didn't spill too much though. He got an over-sizes mug.

Can an English knife be pictured on a Viking book?
l4JZOPF.jpg

Fodderwing Fodderwing A beautifully lit shot of your Ironwood, Dwight
Thank you Harvey

Just posted this pic of Lucy, from yesterday, in the Sunday thread, and thought I'd post it here too :thumbsup:

cuvreFS.jpg
Fantastic image of Lucy Lu.

Thank you very much Harvey, just a follow-up appointment about my hiatus hernia, and another about my tennis elbow (I've been waiting since before Xmas, and it isn't hurting at the moment
I hope all goes well mañana my friend. May you have a profitable day.

Have a great week my friends.
IMG_1467.jpeg

Don't remember, but my son asked for a beer this afternoon, and I told him it was a new kind of beer and he had to shake it to settle the contents AND HE STARTED TO SHAKE IT! Didn't spill too much though. He got an over-sizes mug.

LOL! :D I was given a beer the other week, from that same brewery actually, which you were instructed to gently invert 3 times before opening :thumbsup:

l4JZOPF.jpg

Most definitely Vince, words of Old Norse are still in daily use in Yorkshire, in our language, dialect, and place names, and Swedish iron was always the basis for Sheffield steel :thumbsup: I think my favourite of the sagas is Njal's Saga :)

View attachment 1110645

Thank you very much Dwight :) I love that pic :) Hope you have a great week :thumbsup:

Have fun, Dave.
Oh ya, I had a question for you...
My son and I were sitting around the fire pit last evening when some geese flew over.
My son wants to know why they are called Canadian Geese when they spend half their time in the US? :D
The silly answer is, they are doing what other Canadians do annually go South for the winter especially to Florida and Arizona. :p

The correct answer is:
So it’s true that at one point in time the Branta canadensis was called a Canada Goose, because it was often seen flying towards Canada and living there. You could now just as easily call it a North American Goose since it is found all over North America and lives just about anywhere. It has adapted to live all across the US and into Mexico too.
So over the years, the name has changed to be Canadian Goose in English. ;)

To sum it up, the Canada Goose is actually an American Goose that vacations in Canada for the summer :p

Last edited:
The silly answer is, they are doing what other Canadians do annually go South for the winter especially to Florida and Arizona. :p

The correct answer is:
So it’s true that at one point in time the Branta canadensis was called a Canada Goose, because it was often seen flying towards Canada and living there. You could now just as easily call it a North American Goose since it is found all over North America and lives just about anywhere. It has adapted to live all across the US and into Mexico too.
I like the first answer. :D

Bluebell time in England. One of my favourite times of the year.View attachment 1110840

Mine too Wayne, I was hoping to see some in Skipton Castle Woods on Saturday, but the entire wood is overrun with wild garlic :rolleyes: Nice pic :thumbsup:

9OfFFI6.jpg

Good Morning Guardians

:) :thumbsup:

Good Morning John and fellow Guardians off to Calgary today :D
View attachment 1110872

Good luck Dave :) :thumbsup:

My two appointments were pretty straight-forward, attending the second appointment was a hike though. There's a hospital a quarter of a mile from me with a good physiotherapy department, where I've been before. Instead, I had to travel some distance, and I think the sign on the blood pressure monitor says a lot about the place! :eek: :rolleyes:

yIIpSID.jpg

The correct answer is:

To sum it up, the Canada Goose is actually an American Goose that vacations in Canada for the summer :p

We get Canada Geese here too! :D :thumbsup:

7YjkDqz.jpg

TJb1ikP.jpg

That's about the color of bluebonnets, the Texas state flower. Spring is here! :thumbsup:
View attachment 1110909

Wow! :) :thumbsup:

Hi folks,

Hope everyone is having a good day. Medical appointments aside, I can't say mine has been the best. Getting ready to go out, I realised I didn't have my reading glasses, and that I had left them on the train on Saturday o_O Before I went to the train station to find out that they hadn't been handed in, I had to revisit a 'locksmith'. I had got a spare set of keys cut last week, and the guy had charged me three times what I paid previously. When I got home, two of the keys (all very standard Yale-type keys) wouldn't even fit in the locks. I went back, and he fiddled around with them, but it was pretty obvious, from his conversation with his co-worker, that he really didn't know what he was doing. The keys still didn't work, so I had to go back again today, and this time I asked for a refund. I got it, but it was clear that I had indeed been overcharged. The idiot had the cheek to tell me, "Well, at least I tried." Like I'd asked him to head a football, rather than do a job he pretended to be qualified for! o_O :rolleyes: To cap that, I forgot to pocket my AC when going out! :eek: At least I have it now :thumbsup:

qj6NNnU.jpg

Good Monday morning to you Guardians. Hope your start to the week is going well. My Damascus Lambsfoot is still listed as in LA at the USPS Regional facility.:( Oh well, I have Rosie, she doesn't mind being the center of attention.
IMG_1074.JPG

Thanks Preston, I'm not too concerned :) That is a cool cap, looks good with your Lambsfoot :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, they did finally win 4-0, have a deep hole to dig out of
l4JZOPF.jpg
Sure, looks good anywhere!
Thank you Harvey

View attachment 1110645
Another great photo of those great knives, Dwight.
Bluebell time in England. One of my favourite times of the year.View attachment 1110840
Still drops below freezing here, they wouldn't last long, but are beautiful. Nice photo!
Good Morning Guardians
Great way to start your morning, John.
Y'all have a great Monday! :)

33652199128_be608d6cc5_b.jpg
You too, Ron and may it continue all week.

Back