1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Dave :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Don't remember, but my son asked for a beer this afternoon, and I told him it was a new kind of beer and he had to shake it to settle the contents AND HE STARTED TO SHAKE IT! Didn't spill too much though. He got an over-sizes mug.

Jack Black, cigarrodog and JohnDF like this.
  3. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Can an English knife be pictured on a Viking book?
    [​IMG]

4. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you Harvey

Fantastic image of Lucy Lu.

I hope all goes well mañana my friend. May you have a profitable day.

Have a great week my friends.
    IMG_1467.jpeg

5. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    love that pattern welded steel!

Fodderwing, Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    You too, Dwight.

Fodderwing and cigarrodog like this.
  7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL! :D I was given a beer the other week, from that same brewery actually, which you were instructed to gently invert 3 times before opening :thumbsup:

Most definitely Vince, words of Old Norse are still in daily use in Yorkshire, in our language, dialect, and place names, and Swedish iron was always the basis for Sheffield steel :thumbsup: I think my favourite of the sagas is Njal's Saga :)

Thank you very much Dwight :) I love that pic :) Hope you have a great week :thumbsup:

8. WDJ

WDJ Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 13, 2018
    I don't see why not. The English had quite a bit of trouble with them way back when. Yorkshire was run by Vikings in the days of the Danelaw.

mitch4ging, cigarrodog, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  9. WDJ

WDJ Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Bluebell time in England. One of my favourite times of the year. IMG_20190415_142026-756x1008.jpg

10. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

11. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Good Morning John and fellow Guardians off to Calgary today :D
    photo 2 (2).JPG

12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Have fun, Dave.
    Oh ya, I had a question for you...
    My son and I were sitting around the fire pit last evening when some geese flew over.
    My son wants to know why they are called Canadian Geese when they spend half their time in the US? :D

13. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    The silly answer is, they are doing what other Canadians do annually go South for the winter especially to Florida and Arizona. :p

The correct answer is:
    So it’s true that at one point in time the Branta canadensis was called a Canada Goose, because it was often seen flying towards Canada and living there. You could now just as easily call it a North American Goose since it is found all over North America and lives just about anywhere. It has adapted to live all across the US and into Mexico too.
    So over the years, the name has changed to be Canadian Goose in English. ;)

To sum it up, the Canada Goose is actually an American Goose that vacations in Canada for the summer :p

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    mitch4ging, Fodderwing, pjsjr and 6 others like this.
  14. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    That's about the color of bluebonnets, the Texas state flower. Spring is here! :thumbsup:
    DD93E340-A4DD-41DB-91C4-A0C5BFD5EB2F.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I like the first answer. :D

16. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Love that pic Vince! :thumbsup::cool:

17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Y'all have a great Monday! :)

[​IMG]

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Mine too Wayne, I was hoping to see some in Skipton Castle Woods on Saturday, but the entire wood is overrun with wild garlic :rolleyes: Nice pic :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

:) :thumbsup:

Good luck Dave :) :thumbsup:

My two appointments were pretty straight-forward, attending the second appointment was a hike though. There's a hospital a quarter of a mile from me with a good physiotherapy department, where I've been before. Instead, I had to travel some distance, and I think the sign on the blood pressure monitor says a lot about the place! :eek: :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

We get Canada Geese here too! :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow! :) :thumbsup:

Hi folks,

Hope everyone is having a good day. Medical appointments aside, I can't say mine has been the best. Getting ready to go out, I realised I didn't have my reading glasses, and that I had left them on the train on Saturday o_O Before I went to the train station to find out that they hadn't been handed in, I had to revisit a 'locksmith'. I had got a spare set of keys cut last week, and the guy had charged me three times what I paid previously. When I got home, two of the keys (all very standard Yale-type keys) wouldn't even fit in the locks. I went back, and he fiddled around with them, but it was pretty obvious, from his conversation with his co-worker, that he really didn't know what he was doing. The keys still didn't work, so I had to go back again today, and this time I asked for a refund. I got it, but it was clear that I had indeed been overcharged. The idiot had the cheek to tell me, "Well, at least I tried." Like I'd asked him to head a football, rather than do a job he pretended to be qualified for! o_O :rolleyes: To cap that, I forgot to pocket my AC when going out! :eek: At least I have it now :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

btb01, peanutsxx, TFBraden and 10 others like this.
  19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Looking good Ron :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  20. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Good Monday morning to you Guardians. Hope your start to the week is going well. My Damascus Lambsfoot is still listed as in LA at the USPS Regional facility.:( Oh well, I have Rosie, she doesn't mind being the center of attention.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Jack, they did finally win 4-0, have a deep hole to dig out of
    Sure, looks good anywhere!
    Another great photo of those great knives, Dwight.
    Still drops below freezing here, they wouldn't last long, but are beautiful. Nice photo!
    Great way to start your morning, John.
    You too, Ron and may it continue all week.

peanutsxx, mitch4ging, dc50 and 8 others like this.