Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Sounds like a great show Dylan, and what a fantastic pic :) What a year this is turning out to be for the Lambsfoot! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack, and yes, what an extraordinary year! Very exciting for Lambsfoot enthusiasts.

The show sounds great Dylan. I’ve had the pleasure of being in Charlie’s company at the last 4 Rendezvous gatherings and will be again this year. I also got to meet Dave at the 2017 Rendezvous. They are both kind and genuine individuals. They’re all a pleasure to be around. If the Good Lord is willing Pam and I will be at the Oregon show next year. Your 2019 Lambsfoot lineup is quite impressive. Like yourself I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of Charlie’s American Lambsfoot! :D

Ron, I will very much look forward to meeting you, whether that be at the Oregon Show or at the Rendezvous (I hope to make it out there soon).

After talking to Charlie a bit, I am rather excited to hear of the potential cover options for his Lambsfoot SFO. It is also encouraging to hear that it sounds like enough will be made that folks who want one should reasonably be able to acquire one.

After considerable negotiations behind the scene at the 2019 OKCA show, I was able to score this beautiful horn lambsfoot along with a few of it's brothers. Many thanks to Charlie for his generosity in helping me with this fine acquisition. I am very pleased!!!!!!!

FxkSIRk.jpg

Wonderful acquisition, Barry! That's a looker.

What a magnificent flock, congratulations Dylan!!!:)

Thank you very much, Jose!

Just listening to the terrible news about the fire at Notre Dame cathedral in Paris :(

Jack, I just read the news. That is absolutely devastating. One can only hope that it can be salvaged but it isn't looking promising right now.

Just listening to the terrible news about the fire at Notre Dame cathedral in Paris :(
What an appalling and tragic event

After considerable negotiations behind the scene at the 2019 OKCA show, I was able to score this beautiful horn lambsfoot along with a few of it's brothers. Many thanks to Charlie for his generosity in helping me with this fine acquisition. I am very pleased!!!!!!!

FxkSIRk.jpg
Congrats - love it - outstanding :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very grateful for the kindness Jack.
This is a little because of you, because it was you who encouraged me to show my Country!!;):thumbsup:

You live in a beautiful land my friend :)

That is terrible.

Oh my God, how can such a thing happen?:eek:

It’s an historic and cultural tragedy.:(

Jack, I just read the news. That is absolutely devastating. One can only hope that it can be salvaged but it isn't looking promising right now.

What an appalling and tragic event

Yes, a terrible thing ;( Our fellow Guardian @Jolipapa lives in Paris :( :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack, and yes, what an extraordinary year! Very exciting for Lambsfoot enthusiasts.

Yes indeed Dylan, I will be calling over to Sheffield to see the guys tomorrow :) With all the walking around I've done today, I'm pretty tired. Think I'm going to carry my ebony '18 tomorrow :thumbsup:

c5iihWN.jpg

Mine too Wayne, I was hoping to see some in Skipton Castle Woods on Saturday, but the entire wood is overrun with wild garlic :rolleyes: Nice pic :thumbsup:

9OfFFI6.jpg

:) :thumbsup:

Good luck Dave :) :thumbsup:

My two appointments were pretty straight-forward, attending the second appointment was a hike though. There's a hospital a quarter of a mile from me with a good physiotherapy department, where I've been before. Instead, I had to travel some distance, and I think the sign on the blood pressure monitor says a lot about the place! :eek: :rolleyes:

yIIpSID.jpg

We get Canada Geese here too! :D :thumbsup:

7YjkDqz.jpg

TJb1ikP.jpg

Wow! :) :thumbsup:

Hi folks,

Hope everyone is having a good day. Medical appointments aside, I can't say mine has been the best. Getting ready to go out, I realised I didn't have my reading glasses, and that I had left them on the train on Saturday o_O Before I went to the train station to find out that they hadn't been handed in, I had to revisit a 'locksmith'. I had got a spare set of keys cut last week, and the guy had charged me three times what I paid previously. When I got home, two of the keys (all very standard Yale-type keys) wouldn't even fit in the locks. I went back, and he fiddled around with them, but it was pretty obvious, from his conversation with his co-worker, that he really didn't know what he was doing. The keys still didn't work, so I had to go back again today, and this time I asked for a refund. I got it, but it was clear that I had indeed been overcharged. The idiot had the cheek to tell me, "Well, at least I tried." Like I'd asked him to head a football, rather than do a job he pretended to be qualified for! o_O :rolleyes: To cap that, I forgot to pocket my AC when going out! :eek: At least I have it now :thumbsup:

qj6NNnU.jpg
Missed this post Jack...must have been working on mine at the same time as you and didn't go back after posting mine. There are all kinds of folk out there in the world. Be they misguided, mislead, misinformed or mismanaged...they seem to be gaining in numbers and are everywhere! Canada Geese, they are reaching pest status around populated areas here, especially during hunting season. They learn safe areas quickly. They make a mess(excrement) where they congregate. Hope your Monday goes better when you return hope to your AC and more friendly confines.
Sorry to hear that Preston, though in my experience, the tracking info is inaccurate o_O Your Rosewood is looking good though my friend :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack. I know the USPS has it's way and it will get to me, but I'm excited and anxious:thumbsup:
Good morning, Guardians.

Thought I would check in. I spent some time at the Oregon Knife Show and was able to hang out a bit with Charlie, Barry, and Dave. It was a fantastic experience. I was also able to meet a couple other forumites but because I could only attend on Sunday, I missed seeing several others.

A good show with some fantastic displays and just good people all around.

2019 is turning into quite a good year. Not only regarding knives in general but particularly in terms of the Lambsfoot.

The 2019 lineup so far. With some placeholders.... :D

wswXnIP.jpg
Great lineup Dylan and well photographed! You guys are mean, teasing us with those buttons!
That is rather beautiful. Have never been anywhere near Texas, but I always imagined it to be quite a dry place. That looks beautifully lush.
Texas is a large, large state. There are places that receive lots of rain, but dries out because it also gets very hot.
Good week for everyone, even because Easter is approaching. Today I will post some photos of the city of Ermesinde where I live, as well as my lambs foot green/brown!!!;):thumbsup:

5ulmpc.jpg
29vdlaw.jpg
x1gkme.jpg

2yltfza.jpg
2f09i83.jpg
Love that green/brown bone Lambsfoot and the architecture, especially the old with the new! Thanks for the photos, Jose.
After talking to Charlie a bit, I am rather excited to hear of the potential cover options for his Lambsfoot SFO. It is also encouraging to hear that it sounds like enough will be made that folks who want one should reasonably be able to acquire one.
That is very good news, thanks Dylan.
You live in a beautiful land my friend :)

Yes, a terrible thing ;( Our fellow Guardian @Jolipapa lives in Paris :( :thumbsup:

Yes indeed Dylan, I will be calling over to Sheffield to see the guys tomorrow :) With all the walking around I've done today, I'm pretty tired. Think I'm going to carry my ebony '18 tomorrow :thumbsup:

c5iihWN.jpg
Ebony Lambsfoot is looking good but doesn't the AC deserve to get another chance? Sorry to hear of Notre Dame, one of the most wondrous places I have ever visited! Get rested!

Great lineup Dylan and well photographed! You guys are mean, teasing us with those buttons!

Thank you, Preston, much appreciated. The buttons are neat and are certainly a fine teaser but I suspect that the knives themselves will all have them included.

That is very good news, thanks Dylan.

Well, it is possible that I might have spoken too soon, judging by the discussions in the GEC thread. But, we must all remain hopeful and be happy with Charlie's success. He did mention to me that he will be providing updates in this thread to us all before anywhere else and that is quite exciting.

love that pattern welded steel
Thank you!

Thank you very much Dwight :) I love that pic :) Hope you have a great week
Thanks Jack. Sorry for your not so great Monday. It's getting late there now. I hope you're enjoying a quiet evening. Tragic news from Paris.

Bluebell time in England. One of my favourite times of the year.View attachment 1110840
Very nice!

Good Morning Guardians
A belated good morning John.

Good Morning John and fellow Guardians off to Calgary today
Well I hope you had a profitable day in the big city Dave.

That's about the color of bluebonnets, the Texas state flower. Spring is here!
WOW how incredibly beautiful is that! :eek:

Y'all have a great Monday! :)

33652199128_be608d6cc5_b.jpg
Never tire of seeing your big iron Ron.

Another great photo of those great knives, Dwight
Thank you Preston. Hope yours arrives soon.

Good morning, Guardians.

Thought I would check in. I spent some time at the Oregon Knife Show and was able to hang out a bit with Charlie, Barry, and Dave. It was a fantastic experience. I was also able to meet a couple other forumites but because I could only attend on Sunday, I missed seeing several others.

A good show with some fantastic displays and just good people all around.

2019 is turning into quite a good year. Not only regarding knives in general but particularly in terms of the Lambsfoot.

The 2019 lineup so far. With some placeholders.... :D

wswXnIP.jpg
That is truly a trophy trifecta Dylan.

FxkSIRk.jpg
Outstanding Barry! Man I love that horn.

Good week for everyone, even because Easter is approaching. Today I will post some photos of the city of Ermesinde where I live, as well as my lambs foot green/brown!!!;):thumbsup:

5ulmpc.jpg
29vdlaw.jpg
x1gkme.jpg

2yltfza.jpg
2f09i83.jpg
Great photos José. Your lovely green jigged lamb. :cool:

I have been operating a poor man's backhoe (read shovel) for two days. My shoulder wasn't ready but I couldn't wait any longer. What had to be done was accomplished. :)

IMG_1483.jpeg

We get Canada Geese here too! :D :thumbsup:
We get geese from Canada as well; every April and May Brent geese fly from Strangford Lough (Northern Ireland), via Iceland to Canada's Arctic.
Where they mate, lay eggs and rear goslings before returning with them in August and September. I'm a few pages late, but over 2000 miles is kind of amazing, and as recent springs have been mild they been known to spread even as far as Devon in England. We had a family group about 5 birds in our garden for about an hour about 10 years ago we're up a hill with a small suburban garden several miles from Strangford. We often see their arrows hundreds of feet in the air heading North West at this time of year.

Ron, I will very much look forward to meeting you, whether that be at the Oregon Show or at the Rendezvous (I hope to make it out there soon).

I'm looking forward to meeting you Dylan! :thumbsup::D

Never tire of seeing your big iron Ron.
Thanks Dwight! :)

Back