Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks for all the complements on the Snakewood Damascus Lambsfoot. It is really special and I will get more photos as she is very photogenic.

I'm very far behind and most likely will never catch up. Dog training yesterday was great , but as usual on a Saturday many people and many dogs to run. I was real tried getting home late afternoon and just ate and relaxed with Dutch...he did good so I wanted to give him some plus attention. Here are the two beauties. I'm going to enjoy the sunshine now, they are predicting rain for this afternoon.
Happy Easter to all.
IMG_1078.JPG

Just received an old Lambfoot in today . Did not go to the Mail Box until after the sun went down , so had to take pics in door .
This knife has had a lot of wear on the Bone and the Steel , but it is old and a Taylors Eye Witness and a pretty low price , and I needed it .

Probably can't file the Kick enough to correct the Proud Blade .

Pins look original
Still some decent Stamping on the blade

This one is 3 & 7/16 closed and the darker colored one is 4 & 1/8 closed and most of you have probably seen it posted before .
Based on the pictures of it that I had originally seen , I was thinking about trying to re-jig the bone or replacing them . I expect that I will now leave them alone .

Harry

Oh you have to leave it as it is. It has fantastic character :thumbsup:

A great find Harry ;) Can you imagine the history behind it, those were the days when a man only had one knife and really used it.:thumbsup:
I have an old pocket knife that my father in law carried all his years working on the CPR Canadian Pacific Railway this was his favorite whittling projects.
He made these unique picture frames piece by piece for friends and relatives. This was an art he learned as a boy in Ukraine.
This particular frame had our wedding photo in it, he whittled nearly 1000 pieces to complete it.
View attachment 1114861

That's incredible craftsmanship! I've never seen anything like that before :thumbsup: (Historically there's a large Ukrainian population in our closest town).

Here's my book and knife contribution for the evening. My two hobbies together.
UeNANHP.jpg

I had Star Wars figures as a kids and off the top of my head I can actually name those characters without resorting to Google. :eek: Boba Fett. Dengar. LOM 4. Bosk? Zuckus?
Why can I remember stuff like that but not important stuff. Like people's names....:rolleyes:

Happy Easter everyone.
AeASoZy.jpg

[QUOTE).

I had Star Wars figures as a kids and off the top of my head I can actually name those characters without resorting to Google. :eek: Boba Fett. Dengar. LOM 4. Bosk? Zuckus?
Why can I remember stuff like that but not important stuff. Like people's names....:rolleyes:

[/QUOTE]

Yep, you got them! IG-88 is on the side as well.

A great find Harry ;) Can you imagine the history behind it, those were the days when a man only had one knife and really used it.:thumbsup:
I have an old pocket knife that my father in law carried all his years working on the CPR Canadian Pacific Railway this was his favorite whittling projects.
He made these unique picture frames piece by piece for friends and relatives. This was an art he learned as a boy in Ukraine.
This particular frame had our wedding photo in it, he whittled nearly 1000 pieces to complete it.
View attachment 1114861

It was only when I saw David's post below that my quote of your post had been dropped by the BF droids! o_O What a wonderful heirloom Dave, absolutely incredible. Fantastic that you have his knife too :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the complements on the Snakewood Damascus Lambsfoot. It is really special and I will get more photos as she is very photogenic.

I'm very far behind and most likely will never catch up. Dog training yesterday was great , but as usual on a Saturday many people and many dogs to run. I was real tried getting home late afternoon and just ate and relaxed with Dutch...he did good so I wanted to give him some plus attention. Here are the two beauties. I'm going to enjoy the sunshine now, they are predicting rain for this afternoon.
Happy Easter to all.
IMG_1078.JPG

Don't let Dutch work you too hard Harvey! :eek: ;) Great-looking knives my friend :) :thumbsup:

Happy Easter everyone.
AeASoZy.jpg

Happy Easter David, the Ironwood on your '19 is looking great :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. Hope the movie was a good one. I can’t even remember the last time I went to the cinema. Wait...Yes, now I remember. “Gravity” at the IMAX on my 65th. Oh that Ivory Lamb! Exquisite! Barlow Lamb? Count me in...Please.

@dc50 Thank you Dave. Stay Calm and be Well.

Not bad thanks Harvey - Shazam - Thank you my friend :) Most definitely ;) :thumbsup:

That's so great, I love that!

Thanks Jordan :) :thumbsup:

"Go forth and multiply"
Hope your Easter is a happy one, Guardians
View attachment 1115155
OG

Wow! Great line-up OG :cool: :thumbsup:

The 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot came with a fluted bolster, and 'Super Duper' Buffalo covers:

i8IEj6e.jpg

In 2018, there were two options, an ebony model with a fluted bolster, and a horn model with a threaded bolster. The horn was supposed to be orange and white, but most ended up different, and in fact I only did these because people asked for them:

SN5v9P2.jpg

l7WYhnt.jpg

The 'Ashley's Choice' Lambsfoot, with vintage Sambar stag, a smaller blade and frame, and a threaded bolster, was an extra, also produced in 2018:

xxcNe5B.jpg

This year's knife came with Desert Ironwood covers, and a rat-tail bolster:

FUNbBO3.jpg

Then there were the 20 Damascus-bladed knives, split evenly between 4 patterns:

kwCMpNU.jpg

And hopefully, very soon, there'll be a Lambsfoot Barlow, with vintage Sambar covers, steel pins, liners, and bolsters, and a top-hat kick ;)
Thanks for setting it all straight... I got close :D

Shazam is my son't favorite super hero. He knows EVERYTHING about him and owns every Shazam comic. We thoroughly enjoyed the movie too.

Thanks, Dylan. They're pretty proud of their products!

That they are, Dennis. I usually buy from them during the holidays (i.e. Christmas) since they usually run specials on shipping and such. Among other things that I enjoy of fine quality, I am rather partial to quality drinking ware, and they certainly deliver in that regard.

Great contrast in the photo, Dylan. Hope those Hot Toddys fix you up and you feel better.

Hope you get to feeling better Dylan. Hot toddies are mighty helpful. Beautiful pic.

Sorry to hear that Dylan, hope the hot toddies worked well, and that you're feeling better by now pal. That's a great pic :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas. After being rather miserable for the last couple of days, I am feeling rather fine at the moment.

Hey guys, excited to post that I have joined the ranks of the Lambsfoot owners! Just received an A. Wright in jigged blue bone in the mail today purchased from the aftermarket. Unfortunately my example isn't stellar, the blade is pretty kinked to the right, and has some fit and finish issues.
3crR43d.jpg

Overall though, I purchased the knife intending for it to be a user, so its not a big deal. I intend to use it and enjoy the phenomenal usefulness of the lambsfoot pattern.

I have no idea when it was made, but I am really excited to carry it, planning to bring it with me as my only knife this weekend as I travel to my relatives for Easter. I do plan to purchase another lambsfoot, hopefully without these issues sometime soon, probably something with wood covers, I love wood covers.

76mC6jG.jpg

ILQ43Qb.jpg

Glad you were able to land one, Jordan, despite its issues. We don't see too many clad in Wright's bone, it certainly isn't one of their more common offerings. I hope you take to the pattern and that this is the beginning to a long and beneficial relationship.

Happy Easter, Guardians, (for those who celebrate such things).

After seeing the discussion surrounding the annual Guardians knives, I thought I would gather them up for a group shot and label accordingly.

Left to right:
  • 2017 in extra special Buffalo Horn (super duper)
  • 2018 in Ebony
  • 2018 in special Buffalo Horn
  • Ashley's Choice (AC) in Sambar Stag
  • 2019 in Ironwood
  • 2019 in Ironwood
  • Bespoke knife in Sambar Stag with Damascus steel (Not sure if this is another AC or not, can't recall)

YdJVaJU.jpg

After seeing the discussion surrounding the annual Guardians knives, I thought I would gather them up for a group shot and label accordingly.

Left to right:
  • 2018 in Ebony
  • 2019 in Ironwood
  • 2019 in Ironwood
  • Bespoke knife in Sambar Stag with Damascus steel (Not sure if this is another AC or not, can't recall)

YdJVaJU.jpg
GREAT collection :thumbsup: GRATS !! :D
OG

Because today is Easter!!!;):thumbsup:

2a5k61g.jpg

Love those stripes Jose :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for setting it all straight... I got close :D

Shazam is my son't favorite super hero. He knows EVERYTHING about him and owns every Shazam comic. We thoroughly enjoyed the movie too.

You did! :D :thumbsup:

I am not surprised :) :D :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas. After being rather miserable for the last couple of days, I am feeling rather fine at the moment.

That's good to hear Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Left to right:
  • 2018 in Ebony
  • 2019 in Ironwood
  • 2019 in Ironwood

YdJVaJU.jpg

Thank you Dylan, fantastic line-up, each one is exceptional I think, but I particularly like '19 on the left :) Ashley made the Damascus knives, but the choice of patterns was all mine this time, based on the feedback I received from some of you folks :) :thumbsup:

LXqvHuu.jpg

Had to separate my Peeps: they were fighting over the Tabasco flavoured Jelly Belly beans.

Ended up eating them all, and washing it down now with a Samuel Adams. Then heading over to visit family in a while. I hear brisket is on the menu. :)

Back