Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thank you.
I just realized that the first lambsfoot picture I posted after returning home is posing on a patch of "wandering jew". Ha! :p:D
ROFL - :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't know how some of you get all those multi-quotes to stay within the post.
The Snakewood D. L. is getting some carry today around the house.
Hope all you Guardians have a good Monday.
IMG_1084.JPG
That's a beauty for sure :thumbsup::thumbsup:
pjsjr pjsjr Check your PM's for how I post multi-quotes.
OG

Last edited:
Happy Dingus Day, everyone!

My sincere apologies for being so out of touch. It’s been a crazy year for me (to be expanded upon in a coming post).

I wanted to share these two for a while, but just never got around to it.

We’ve seen similar examples in past posts, so I’ll just show them for now to add to the archive. A two blade Unity and a Wade & Butcher Sheldon Knife.

First the Wade & Butcher
2B0899A9-54C0-4BB0-B2EA-5888ED5269D8.jpeg 93D44F56-6D05-4937-9174-0CF1CBA07070.jpeg 029B8539-15D8-43A7-A08E-12D54BD0433E.jpeg 40E9A6B2-034F-4CBE-9A51-63131DBB3264.jpeg 748F0115-F4AD-40F3-9227-D3D191F7B2DC.jpeg
7A63FC69-61ED-430D-A724-5786B09E670A.jpeg 29B8FFF1-5809-47F0-8B8A-096D50754030.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been in the company of one of my ‘17 Horn models today! :) Hope y’all have a blessed weekend! :)

37855370151_43b1a37b79_b_d.jpg
Ron, great picture, that horn is just beautiful.

Sitting on my porch, listening to Astros vs. Rangers on the radio.
04LNcK3.jpg

Simple pleasures.
But I can't make my dog a cigarro dog!
GrJjCWU.jpg
By the look on your dog's face, I think your lucky you didn't get nipped. Great photo!

Just received an old Lambfoot in today . Did not go to the Mail Box until after the sun went down , so had to take pics in door .
This knife has had a lot of wear on the Bone and the Steel , but it is old and a Taylors Eye Witness and a pretty low price , and I needed it .

Probably can't file the Kick enough to correct the Proud Blade .

Pins look original
Still some decent Stamping on the blade

This one is 3 & 7/16 closed and the darker colored one is 4 & 1/8 closed and most of you have probably seen it posted before .
Based on the pictures of it that I had originally seen , I was thinking about trying to re-jig the bone or replacing them . I expect that I will now leave them alone .

Harry
Great find, I would leave it as is!

A great find Harry ;) Can you imagine the history behind it, those were the days when a man only had one knife and really used it.:thumbsup:
I have an old pocket knife that my father in law carried all his years working on the CPR Canadian Pacific Railway this was his favorite whittling projects.
He made these unique picture frames piece by piece for friends and relatives. This was an art he learned as a boy in Ukraine.
This particular frame had our wedding photo in it, he whittled nearly 1000 pieces to complete it.
View attachment 1114861
That is a special work of art. Hard to believe it was done with only a 'pocket knife'!

Yeah, the silly ones.
2b0nVQN.jpg
Love the photo, creativity plus humor.
JohnDF JohnDF cool image of all the Lambs

@HEMI 49 Nice herd of Lambs, Brent

Jack Black Jack Black So did you clean or enjoy the outdoors?:)

Peace and Easter Greetings Guardians...
View attachment 1115104
One of your best photos, Harvey!

After the longest wait ever...well it seemed that way! I have in my hands my first ever damascus, snake wood 1 of 5 Lambfoot knives from A. Wright and Son from Sheffield, England!!!

Love the knife already. Probably one of the fancier slip joints I own! Love the damascus and the snake wood is very nice! Great snaps that is just gonna get better over time! More importantly I really like the frame on this knife! I'm a huge sleeve board guy and this knife is just in my sweet spot for overall size. Just a tad bigger the my GEC #77 framed knives!
View attachment 1114554 View attachment 1114555 View attachment 1114556 View attachment 1114557
Glad you finally received yours Taylor, it is a beauty...like all of them...not a bad one in the bunch.
Incredible when you look at these back-springs, because it's quite clear they have been hand-filed. The Sheffield cutlers do this all the time, but what an incredible piece of work. I've seen it done, with just a file, and the cutler's eye, something from another time, and really special :) :thumbsup:
I was going to ask about the file work, you answered what I was wondering about. It is so well done, makes it so very special.

Very nice! Had to get a beer pic with my knew damlamb!!
tk30oJS.jpg

All the Chimay beers I sampled were all very good. I will not hesitate to grab em again! The blue one is great.
Lambie is looking good that is a great shot of the Snakewood.
Stunning Preston. Your a lucky chap.:thumbsup:
Thanks David, these are just so exceptional.

Happy Easter, Guardians, (for those who celebrate such things).

After seeing the discussion surrounding the annual Guardians knives, I thought I would gather them up for a group shot and label accordingly.

Left to right:
  • 2017 in extra special Buffalo Horn (super duper)
  • 2018 in Ebony
  • 2018 in special Buffalo Horn
  • Ashley's Choice (AC) in Sambar Stag
  • 2019 in Ironwood
  • 2019 in Ironwood
  • Bespoke knife in Sambar Stag with Damascus steel (Not sure if this is another AC or not, can't recall)

YdJVaJU.jpg
Now that would make a great screen saver!

Thanks, Preston. She's a sweetheart. My Chihuahua growls and nips at her, and a new kitten we got swipes her paws at her, but she just licks them and wants to play. A great lab mix we got at five weeks old:
6M1E7Fh.jpg

Lexi as a baby.
She is a doll, Vince, I've had only labs in the past twenty-five years. All have been wonderful, loving and hard working retrievers. Dutch likes Lambsfoot!
IMG_1087.JPG

Happy Dingus Day, everyone!

My sincere apologies for being so out of touch. It’s been a crazy year for me (to be expanded upon in a coming post).

I wanted to share these two for a while, but just never got around to it.

We’ve seen similar examples in past posts, so I’ll just show them for now to add to the archive. A two blade Unity and a Wade & Butcher Sheldon Knife.

First the Wade & Butcher
View attachment 1115641 View attachment 1115642 View attachment 1115643 View attachment 1115644 View attachment 1115645
View attachment 1115649 View attachment 1115650
Interesting knife, I've not seen one like that. What is it called?
Let's welcome @TX Traditional to the Guardians! Shipping this one back to him tomorrow.

47609593662_826fe5fc6d_b.jpg

47609593402_e36414abf5_b.jpg
Welcome...
I figured with 19,000+ posts there may be something to this lambsfoot thing. Looks like Andrew nailed it. Now I need to get an old motorcycle and start drinking better beer so I can post pictures here. :D
Welcome, not needed, I have neither and get along just fine. Gladto have you here.

ZyJuxGe.jpg

Not a bad west coast double IPA. Great knife though!
Great view of the Damascus, Taylor.

Real Lamb Foot...Real Fantasy=“Of course I don’t mind that you bought another knife, Dear. Do you like my new hat?”

J. Milner Co., Sheffield (Off the Exchange)
View attachment 1115411
Oh, that is great, Harvey...shoes and handbags too?

A Tale of Two (or three) Lambsfoot

A049326E-A01D-44C4-BD37-1197F1AFFC12.jpeg

I haven’t told these stories anywhere else on BF. I’m putting them here only because they are Lambsfoot connected.

It’s been a crazy year for me...
On May 15, 2018, I found out I had cancer. Well, not the day I knew officially, but the day I knew from what the doctors’ eyes were saying.
It was also the day I got Jack’s email for ordering the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot. I contemplated not getting one, unsure about what was in store in the future, but ultimately decided I would regret not getting one.
3A2F6373-77EE-4B3C-AA0A-5627E96A8FB3.jpeg

The ebony Lambsfoot accompanied me through many appointments, surgery and chemo therapy. Things seem to be going well now, with all of these procedures doing what they needed to do. Obviously, there is more checking needed, but my mind has moved on to other things...

To pile on to the craziness, before chemo started, my wife and I conceived our third child. We gave birth to a baby girl recently, while I was carrying my 2019 Ironwood. I wanted to name her Chatoyance, but got vetoed...
D32F98AB-1434-47D9-9490-F99F748AFFB8.jpeg

Now, I’ve gotten a knife to commemorate the birth of each of my children, ones that I carry at each of their big life events, so the hunt was on to find one for the newborn, when another email from Jack shows up, saying there are some special Lambsfoot available. Well, here was the commemorative knife I was looking for!

Say hello to Rosie:
F262402A-B910-418B-BA53-5F116E46081E.jpeg

Here she is with her big brother and big sister:
EF597BBB-2D0E-4B61-981F-CBA41FD6E5DE.jpeg

So, like I said, it’s been a pretty crazy year with a lot of ups and downs, but the Lambsfoot has been a dependable constant throughout.

Thanks, Guardians, and especially Jack Black Jack Black , for allowing me to share! Now for some gratuitous Damascus Lambsfoot pics:
B19F69D3-AD37-4098-8D4A-337B6746689A.jpeg
DCBFAB37-421D-48E8-B05F-DD134B451221.jpeg
8349A01A-C177-494F-9D14-CCA059551337.jpeg
0FB82069-5B7B-4734-9B80-2D1D12D4B103.jpeg 777849D1-3E7C-47D9-A13D-71B096EB848F.jpeg View attachment 1115753

Last edited:

View attachment 1115754

I haven’t told these stories anywhere else on BF. I’m putting them here only because they are Lambsfoot connected.

On May 15, 2018, I found out I had cancer. Well, not the day I knew officially, but the day I knew from what the doctors’ eyes were saying.
It was also the day I got Jack’s email for ordering the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot. I contemplated not getting one, unsure about what was in store in the future, but ultimately decided I would regret not getting one.
View attachment 1115748

The ebony Lambsfoot accompanied me through many appointments, surgery and chemo therapy. Things seem to be going well now, with all of these procedures doing what they needed to do. Obviously, there is more checking needed, but my mind has moved on to other things...

To pile on to the craziness, before chemo started, my wife and I conceived our third child. We gave birth to a baby girl recently, while I was carrying my 2019 Ironwood. I wanted to name her Chatoyance, but got vetoed...
View attachment 1115783

Now, I’ve gotten a knife to commemorate the birth of each of my children, ones that I carry at each of their big life events, so the hunt was on to find one for the newborn, when another email from Jack shows up, saying there are some special Lambsfoot available. Well, here was the commemorative knife I was looking for!

Say hello to Rosie:
View attachment 1115756

View attachment 1115755

So, like I said, it’s been a pretty crazy year with a lot of ups and downs, but the Lambsfoot has been a dependable constant throughout.

Thanks, Guardians, and especially Jack Black Jack Black , for allowing me to share! Now for some gratuitous Damascus Lambsfoot pics:
View attachment 1115747
View attachment 1115749
View attachment 1115750
View attachment 1115751 View attachment 1115752 View attachment 1115753
Great story, Mike. Congratulations on the recent birth, and hope you have many years left to see your children grow up.

View attachment 1115754

View attachment 1115748

View attachment 1115783

Say hello to Rosie:
View attachment 1115756

View attachment 1115755

View attachment 1115747
View attachment 1115749
View attachment 1115750
Wow, Mike. So many emotions. Hoping the chemo and other procedures are working! Prayer going your way.

Congrats on the new baby! And those knives are great to commemorate these special events.

View attachment 1115754

View attachment 1115748

View attachment 1115783

Say hello to Rosie:
View attachment 1115756

View attachment 1115755

View attachment 1115747
View attachment 1115749
View attachment 1115750
A powerful story Mike that puts all things life-related into perspective. It seems that things are going much better for you, and my wish is that this will continue far into the future. Congratulations on the arrival of your daughter. Not to mention your burgeoning collection of Lambsfoot knives.

Back