1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Taylor, I’m starting to think your Ironwood Lamb might be getting a tad jealous.:)

@pjsjr That, and the traffic ticket.:)

2. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Jack...:thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  3. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    My thoughts, prayers and well wishes are with you and your loved ones. Wonderfully photographed, handsome Lambsfoots you have.

4. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Probably....I think I will carry the ironwood on Wednesday. I can't get this one out of my hands!

5. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    We're really getting a wonderful variety of lambies in these pages, and the photography is stunning!

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
  7. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Thanks fellas! Things are looking good at this point.

mitch4ging, pjsjr, cigarrodog and 6 others like this.
  8. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks Jack

Beautiful pic John.

Great post Rachel. My mom is also 85 and still trying to do everything she's always done. Sounds like a great reunion.

Same here Preston. It seems to help not to quote more than a page or two at a time.

Mike thank you for sharing your story. Wonderful to hear you have responded favorably to treatments and the future is looking bright. Beautiful knives representing the births of your children! Prayers and best wishes for you and your family.

Great knives posted today, especially the oldies. :)

IMG_1031.jpeg

9. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Glad it's working out and I'm glad I could be of some help :) Looks like you've got the hang of it :thumbsup:

"I wanted to name her Chatoyance, but got vetoed..." :D Too bad it got vetoed.
    Especially if her middle name was Kathy, and if you called her Chatty for short, she would be known as....(wait for it)...Chatty Kathy :rolleyes:

Please know that I and I'm sure many others are in your corner. Stay strong.
    OG

mitch4ging, Cutfinger, donn and 7 others like this.
  10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, Dwight.

Lovely pic yourself, Dwight.

mitch4ging, cigarrodog and Fodderwing like this.
  11. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Among the fragrant Jasmine:
    [​IMG]

12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Oh I love the smell of Jasmine. Beautiful picture, Vince.

13. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I'm always here reading and enjoying everyone's posts! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    My apologies for not writing posts of my own here lately. :(

I thought I should at least report that I carried my Union Jack as my Lambsfoot of the Week all of last week:
    [​IMG]

This week that honor goes to my Valley Jack:
    IJ.mark.open.shovel.jpg

- GT

TFBraden, Cutfinger, donn and 14 others like this.
  14. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Nice to see you in here again, GT. Lovely pictures of your Lambs.

15. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks, John. :)

Speaking of lovely pictures, that recent sunrise shot of yours is stunning! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Here's the other side of my Valley Jack (pile side inspired the name):
    IJ.pile.closed.onback.shovel.jpg

- GT

16. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Awesome pictures, GT!:) Glad to see you and your Valley Jack!:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

17. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I've been pretty swamped lately and haven't had nearly as much time as I would like for hanging out on the porch. One of these days hopefully things will slow down and I'll be back to being a regular.

In the mean time, I wanted to share that my rosewood lambsfoot put in a good turn of work this past Saturday. I was volunteering to help put in some flower beds at our local park and part of the work involved cutting up a bunch of cardboard boxes to line the beds before layering compost and wood chips on top. I was offered an old utility knife but I politely declined and said "I brought a knife". Needless to say, it performed flawlessly and I made fast work of cutting cardboard pieces to size while others were struggling with dull blades.

I was hoping someone would notice the knife and ask about it, but no such luck. No matter, though. I still had fun using it to help out a good cause. :)

mitch4ging, Cutfinger, donn and 9 others like this.
  18. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014

That is beautiful. Great pic.

19. JustinR

JustinR Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2008
    I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about and ordered an A. Wright from their website in stag...even sprung for the fancy file work.

Really wish I could of snagged a Damascus version....those look amazing!

donn, Fodderwing, Jack Black and 3 others like this.
  20. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you, it was great to see Mom, and she was very happy my brothers and I could all come visit. I think it's great that she's so active. (old people are like sharks, you know. Have to keep moving) but she's pretty stubborn. I got her to agree not to move big pots of boiling soup off the stove by herself, so I'll take that as a win. :rolleyes: