Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

A Tale of Two (or three) Lambsfoot

View attachment 1115754

I haven’t told these stories anywhere else on BF. I’m putting them here only because they are Lambsfoot connected.

It’s been a crazy year for me...
On May 15, 2018, I found out I had cancer. Well, not the day I knew officially, but the day I knew from what the doctors’ eyes were saying.
It was also the day I got Jack’s email for ordering the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot. I contemplated not getting one, unsure about what was in store in the future, but ultimately decided I would regret not getting one.
My thoughts, prayers and well wishes are with you and your loved ones. Wonderfully photographed, handsome Lambsfoots you have.

Great story, Mike. Congratulations on the recent birth, and hope you have many years left to see your children grow up.

Wow, Mike. So many emotions. Hoping the chemo and other procedures are working! Prayer going your way.

Congrats on the new baby! And those knives are great to commemorate these special events.

A powerful story Mike that puts all things life-related into perspective. It seems that things are going much better for you, and my wish is that this will continue far into the future. Congratulations on the arrival of your daughter. Not to mention your burgeoning collection of Lambsfoot knives.

My thoughts, prayers and well wishes are with you and your loved ones. Wonderfully photographed, handsome Lambsfoots you have.
Thanks fellas! Things are looking good at this point.

Lovely pic Dwight
Thanks Jack

Good Morning Guardians
Beautiful pic John.

Good Morning, Guardians!
I hope everyone had a lovely Passover, Easter, or just a pleasant weekend. :) I went up to New York for the family Seder, and it's decided that this is the last one Mom is hosting. She's 85, in good health, but it's just too much work. She says this every year, but I'm going to hold her to it next year. Either one of the kids offers to host, or I'll talk her into coming down to Texas. Maybe we'll just skip it and go to the beach. :D (for those who may not know, the Passover Seder is kind of like Thanksgiving, but each food symbolizes an aspect of the story of Exodus.)

I'm pretty worn out, but very happy to have a Lambsfoot back in my pocket
Great post Rachel. My mom is also 85 and still trying to do everything she's always done. Sounds like a great reunion.

I've tried to catch up, the BF gremlins(i'm putting the blame here) have eaten post after post sorry. Don't know how some of you get all those multi-quotes to stay within the post.
Same here Preston. It seems to help not to quote more than a page or two at a time.

View attachment 1115754Wonderful lambs.

I haven’t told these stories anywhere else on BF. I’m putting them here only because they are Lambsfoot connected.

On May 15, 2018, I found out I had cancer. Well, not the day I knew officially, but the day I knew from what the doctors’ eyes were saying.
It was also the day I got Jack’s email for ordering the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot. I contemplated not getting one, unsure about what was in store in the future, but ultimately decided I would regret not getting one.
View attachment 1115748

The ebony Lambsfoot accompanied me through many appointments, surgery and chemo therapy. Things seem to be going well now, with all of these procedures doing what they needed to do. Obviously, there is more checking needed, but my mind has moved on to other things...

To pile on to the craziness, before chemo started, my wife and I conceived our third child. We gave birth to a baby girl recently, while I was carrying my 2019 Ironwood. I wanted to name her Chatoyance, but got vetoed...
View attachment 1115783

Now, I’ve gotten a knife to commemorate the birth of each of my children, ones that I carry at each of their big life events, so the hunt was on to find one for the newborn, when another email from Jack shows up, saying there are some special Lambsfoot available. Well, here was the commemorative knife I was looking for!

Say hello to Rosie:
View attachment 1115756

Here she is with her big brother and big sister:
View attachment 1115755

So, like I said, it’s been a pretty crazy year with a lot of ups and downs, but the Lambsfoot has been a dependable constant throughout.

Thanks, Guardians, and especially Jack Black Jack Black , for allowing me to share! Now for some gratuitous Damascus Lambsfoot pics:
View attachment 1115747
View attachment 1115749
View attachment 1115750
View attachment 1115751 View attachment 1115752 View attachment 1115753
Mike thank you for sharing your story. Wonderful to hear you have responded favorably to treatments and the future is looking bright. Beautiful knives representing the births of your children! Prayers and best wishes for you and your family.

Great knives posted today, especially the oldies. :)

IMG_1031.jpeg

Great line up, OG
Thanks for the help...I'm working on using the +Quote
Glad it's working out and I'm glad I could be of some help :) Looks like you've got the hang of it :thumbsup:

View attachment 1115754

View attachment 1115748

The ebony Lambsfoot accompanied me through many appointments, surgery and chemo therapy. Things seem to be going well now, with all of these procedures doing what they needed to do. Obviously, there is more checking needed, but my mind has moved on to other things...

To pile on to the craziness, before chemo started, my wife and I conceived our third child. We gave birth to a baby girl recently, while I was carrying my 2019 Ironwood. I wanted to name her Chatoyance, but got vetoed...
View attachment 1115783

Now, I’ve gotten a knife to commemorate the birth of each of my children, ones that I carry at each of their big life events, so the hunt was on to find one for the newborn, when another email from Jack shows up, saying there are some special Lambsfoot available. Well, here was the commemorative knife I was looking for!

Say hello to Rosie:
View attachment 1115756

Here she is with her big brother and big sister:
View attachment 1115755

So, like I said, it’s been a pretty crazy year with a lot of ups and downs, but the Lambsfoot has been a dependable constant throughout.

Thanks, Guardians, and especially Jack Black Jack Black , for allowing me to share! Now for some gratuitous Damascus Lambsfoot pics:
View attachment 1115747
View attachment 1115749
View attachment 1115750
View attachment 1115751 View attachment 1115752 View attachment 1115753
"I wanted to name her Chatoyance, but got vetoed..." :D Too bad it got vetoed.
Especially if her middle name was Kathy, and if you called her Chatty for short, she would be known as....(wait for it)...Chatty Kathy :rolleyes:

Please know that I and I'm sure many others are in your corner. Stay strong.
OG

Among the fragrant Jasmine:
j1e9ov5.jpg

I'm always here reading and enjoying everyone's posts! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
My apologies for not writing posts of my own here lately. :(

I thought I should at least report that I carried my Union Jack as my Lambsfoot of the Week all of last week:
5ei7njz.jpg

This week that honor goes to my Valley Jack:
IJ.mark.open.shovel.jpg

- GT

I've been pretty swamped lately and haven't had nearly as much time as I would like for hanging out on the porch. One of these days hopefully things will slow down and I'll be back to being a regular.

In the mean time, I wanted to share that my rosewood lambsfoot put in a good turn of work this past Saturday. I was volunteering to help put in some flower beds at our local park and part of the work involved cutting up a bunch of cardboard boxes to line the beds before layering compost and wood chips on top. I was offered an old utility knife but I politely declined and said "I brought a knife". Needless to say, it performed flawlessly and I made fast work of cutting cardboard pieces to size while others were struggling with dull blades.

I was hoping someone would notice the knife and ask about it, but no such luck. No matter, though. I still had fun using it to help out a good cause. :)

Great post Rachel. My mom is also 85 and still trying to do everything she's always done. Sounds like a great reunion.
Thank you, it was great to see Mom, and she was very happy my brothers and I could all come visit. I think it's great that she's so active. (old people are like sharks, you know. Have to keep moving) but she's pretty stubborn. I got her to agree not to move big pots of boiling soup off the stove by herself, so I'll take that as a win. :rolleyes:

Back