1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Thanks for the pictures Jack. I can certainly imagine how painful it must have been on those concrete benches! You’ve been so good about doing the walking, it’s very unfair that the back pain has returned.

2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Dave, the benches were torture! :eek: I still walked about 4 miles yesterday, but my back is worse today, I'm gutted :( :thumbsup:

3. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Thanks you, much appreciated.
    Thanks Dwight, I have gotten a message from the system that seemed to indicate too much. Like that photo, it's to much:D
    Thanks, seems to be:thumbsup:

Great shot...it's as if I can smell the Jasmine!
    I guess some of the folks here type a lot faster and more accurately than I and have better computer skillls than I.
    Wow, that is really stunning, Gary, great photo.
    Well, Ron, yours is not chopped liver:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

4. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Jack, it's spring time here and we can get most any type at any time. Love my Snakewood Lambie!
    He does, he chose me:p:D:p I'll look into that thread also.
    Going dog training, still cold and wet. Any day with Dutch beats most other days! Have a great Tuesday, Guardians.
    [​IMG]

5. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Dang buddy sure wish the back was doing better. That was a very cool write up thank you! Great pics too! Don't know Jeff, but know of him. Looked like a fun day for sure. We drove over to the coast (about 3 hours) and picked up a mare we had dropped off for breeding a couple of weeks ago yesterday.

mitch4ging, OLd_gUY, dc50 and 5 others like this.
  6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! I totally agree my friend! Harry keeps telling me I need to get it out and use and enjoy it more. I think he may be right! :D

Jack, I'm so sorry for you pain and discomfort, but I greatly appreciate all the wonderful photos from the Jousting Tournament! :thumbsup: :D

7. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Sorry to hear of your troubles, Jack. Getting old isn't for the faint of heart!

Lovely pics of the tournament, it must have been great fun despite the pain.

8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Fantastic, Jack! Plenty of superb pics, almost like being there.

Incidentally, some of my favourite episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies were the ones filmed in England, with Sir Jethro the Black Knight at Clampett Castle.

mitch4ging, donn, OLd_gUY and 4 others like this.
  9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Vince, there are probably some videos online I imagine :)

LOL! They were excellent Vince :D I wanted to call my middle daughter Ellie Mae, but like @Nature Boy , I was thwarted! :D :thumbsup:

10. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Well, my recently born granddaughter is Eleanor, but her parents call her "Ellie." :)
    (I've been thwarted in the naming business, too. Couldn't even get "Thomas" (Apostle, Aquinas, Becket, More, Sawyer, etc.) for any of my sons because my wife knew a Tom or Tommy once that she hated!)

11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    You too Preston, you've got a great pal there :) :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, it has been a lot better these past six months, but I was told to stop doing my back exercises after being diagnosed with a hiertus hernia o_O I'm glad you've heard of him at least Dave, I had to wonder :) I think you would have enjoyed it, we even had decent weather! :D The queuing I could have done without - and the seating! :eek: Hope all's well with you and the gang :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, I know most of us suffer with our aches and pains :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jeff, you're right there my friend :rolleyes: Thank you for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

pjsjr, mitch4ging, Half/Stop and 3 others like this.
  12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Oops! Double post :confused:

cigarrodog likes this.
  13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    A very nice name Vince :) We did call her Eleanor, but she prefers Ellie. She is a mother herself now :thumbsup:

That's unfortunate! :rolleyes: We picked both female names and male names, but they were all girls, my son-in-law and me are the only guys! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

14. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks guys.

@Jack Black - Jack thank you my friend for hanging in there and giving us photo documentation of the event. Very interesting and highly entertaining pictures. What elaborate and highly detailed regalia. Most impressive. So sorry to hear of your back pain relapse. Severe backspin is almost unbearable without relief. Hoping for a quick recovery kind sir.

IMG_1366.jpg

TFBraden, pjsjr, JSutter and 14 others like this.
  15. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    @Jack Black @Prester John my daughter's name is Ellie. I call her Elouise...her nickname is longer than her given name....lol.

mitch4ging, OLd_gUY, dc50 and 4 others like this.
  16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Or my favorite... "The Tank Engine". ;)

btb01, mitch4ging, Cutfinger and 5 others like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you very much Dwight :) You could see from the excitement of the participants, what an important part of their lives this was, Jeff Wasson even made his own armour :) I'm hoping I'll be better in a few days, thank you my friend, that's a cool pic :) :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, OLd_gUY, dc50 and 4 others like this.
  18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    That's cool Taylor, Barrett's daughter too :) I used to call my Ellie 'Elouise', but her second name is Louise. She has often asked me why we picked the name Louise, and I tell her that "we" didn't! :D

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I found this online, not quite what I had in mind, but thought it might raise a chuckle :D

Lucy liked it anyway ;)

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, pjsjr and 16 others like this.
  20. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Ah man... went through a bilateral hernia repair my ownself couple three years ago. A hernia is not fun. Purty purty ironwood.

mitch4ging, OLd_gUY, dc50 and 3 others like this.