Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks for the pictures Jack. I can certainly imagine how painful it must have been on those concrete benches! You’ve been so good about doing the walking, it’s very unfair that the back pain has returned.

Thanks Dave, the benches were torture! :eek: I still walked about 4 miles yesterday, but my back is worse today, I'm gutted :( :thumbsup:

There’s some info here about Sheldon Knives in an older post from Jack:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guardians-of-the-lambsfoot.1406735/page-237#post-17926818
Thanks you, much appreciated.
Thanks Jack

Beautiful pic John.

Great post Rachel. My mom is also 85 and still trying to do everything she's always done. Sounds like a great reunion.

Same here Preston. It seems to help not to quote more than a page or two at a time.

Mike thank you for sharing your story. Wonderful to hear you have responded favorably to treatments and the future is looking bright. Beautiful knives representing the births of your children! Prayers and best wishes for you and your family.

Great knives posted today, especially the oldies. :)

View attachment 1115879
Thanks Dwight, I have gotten a message from the system that seemed to indicate too much. Like that photo, it's to much:D
Glad it's working out and I'm glad I could be of some help :) Looks like you've got the hang of it :thumbsup:

"I wanted to name her Chatoyance, but got vetoed..." :D Too bad it got vetoed.
Especially if her middle name was Kathy, and if you called her Chatty for short, she would be known as....(wait for it)...Chatty Kathy :rolleyes:

Please know that I and I'm sure many others are in your corner. Stay strong.
OG
Thanks, seems to be:thumbsup:

Among the fragrant Jasmine:
j1e9ov5.jpg
Great shot...it's as if I can smell the Jasmine!
I'm always here reading and enjoying everyone's posts! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
My apologies for not writing posts of my own here lately. :(

I thought I should at least report that I carried my Union Jack as my Lambsfoot of the Week all of last week:
5ei7njz.jpg

This week that honor goes to my Valley Jack:
View attachment 1115926

- GT
I guess some of the folks here type a lot faster and more accurately than I and have better computer skillls than I.
Thanks, John. :)

Speaking of lovely pictures, that recent sunrise shot of yours is stunning! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Here's the other side of my Valley Jack (pile side inspired the name):
View attachment 1115930

- GT
Wow, that is really stunning, Gary, great photo.
Awesome pictures, GT!:) Glad to see you and your Valley Jack!:thumbsup:
9jYYeLr.jpg
Well, Ron, yours is not chopped liver:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Morning folks, trying to catch up one page at a time ;) :thumbsup:

dYR30Fe.jpg

Just the Lambsfoot here please Jose :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :thumbsup:

Nice crisp pic of RALF :) My Easter weekend was going great until I sat down to put my shoes on to go to the Royal Armouries, and my back went! :eek: :(

Lovely pic of your '19 John :thumbsup:

Great to have you back Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Candle-end ;) :thumbsup:

Weather sounds ropey Preston, it's been in the high 70's here! :) Sorry to hear about the gremlins too. Lovely Snakewood :thumbsup:

USA did well, took first place in the jousting, won the Sword of Honour, and one of the team got the vote for chivalry! :) More later :thumbsup:

It would have been a lot more fun if I hadn't been in agony with my back! :eek:

Fabulous Ron, too long since we saw that beauty :) :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

The Canadians had French heritage! :D I will post pics :) :thumbsup:
Jack, it's spring time here and we can get most any type at any time. Love my Snakewood Lambie!
Great to see you here Mike :) Wow, congratulations on picking up those two interesting Lambsfoot patterns. There is a thread with some more info about the Sheldon Knife here, including a few posts by Mr Sheldon's grandson: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/two-unusual-sheffield-patterns.1483990/ That is a particularly fine Unity Lambsfoot too my friend, very nice indeed :) Thanks so much for the pics :thumbsup:

Awww...:)

Dutch has great taste :) :thumbsup:
He does, he chose me:p:D:p I'll look into that thread also.
Going dog training, still cold and wet. Any day with Dutch beats most other days! Have a great Tuesday, Guardians.
IMG_0884.JPG

Thanks Dave, the benches were torture! :eek: I still walked about 4 miles yesterday, but my back is worse today, I'm gutted :( :thumbsup:

Dang buddy sure wish the back was doing better. That was a very cool write up thank you! Great pics too! Don't know Jeff, but know of him. Looked like a fun day for sure. We drove over to the coast (about 3 hours) and picked up a mare we had dropped off for breeding a couple of weeks ago yesterday.

Fabulous Ron, too long since we saw that beauty :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! I totally agree my friend! Harry keeps telling me I need to get it out and use and enjoy it more. I think he may be right! :D

Unfortunately, the pics I took of my Lambsfoot at the event were out of focus :( But I was accompanied in regal fashion ;) :thumbsup:

5dXNB45.jpg
Jack, I'm so sorry for you pain and discomfort, but I greatly appreciate all the wonderful photos from the Jousting Tournament! :thumbsup: :D

The tournament over, spoils went to the victors ;) Each year the participants vote on whom amongst their number has been the most chivalrous. They chose Jeffrey Wasson from New York City :thumbsup:

RQ7hyZF.jpg

The US team also won the Sword of Honour (presented by a bloke from the Royal Armouries who couldn't be bothered to dress up :rolleyes:) :thumbsup:

hPEZ69q.jpg

NxV6Vtq.jpg

Hn8Xq8j.jpg

DlMRxah.jpg

While Team UK galloped in to take the Queen's Golden Jubilee Horn (Andrew Deane has won it twice before, and the Sword of Honour seven times) :thumbsup:

nA5hRwt.jpg

TZySexX.jpg

BuuEudS.jpg

KzoZgi7.jpg

SBWP4R5.jpg

The knights ride out.

wGQrSnK.jpg

4Xm1JI2.jpg

naxFilD.jpg
Fantastic, Jack! Plenty of superb pics, almost like being there.

Incidentally, some of my favourite episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies were the ones filmed in England, with Sir Jethro the Black Knight at Clampett Castle.

Fantastic, Jack! Plenty of superb pics, almost like being there.

Incidentally, some of my favourite episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies were the ones filmed in England, with Sir Jethro the Black Knight at Clampett Castle.

Thanks Vince, there are probably some videos online I imagine :)

LOL! They were excellent Vince :D I wanted to call my middle daughter Ellie Mae, but like @Nature Boy , I was thwarted! :D :thumbsup:

LOL! They were excellent Vince :D I wanted to call my middle daughter Ellie Mae, but like @Nature Boy , I was thwarted! :D :thumbsup:
Well, my recently born granddaughter is Eleanor, but her parents call her "Ellie." :)
(I've been thwarted in the naming business, too. Couldn't even get "Thomas" (Apostle, Aquinas, Becket, More, Sawyer, etc.) for any of my sons because my wife knew a Tom or Tommy once that she hated!)

Jack, it's spring time here and we can get most any type at any time. Love my Snakewood Lambie!

He does, he chose me:p:D:p I'll look into that thread also.
Going dog training, still cold and wet. Any day with Dutch beats most other days! Have a great Tuesday, Guardians.
IMG_0884.JPG

You too Preston, you've got a great pal there :) :thumbsup:

Dang buddy sure wish the back was doing better. That was a very cool write up thank you! Great pics too! Don't know Jeff, but know of him. Looked like a fun day for sure. We drove over to the coast (about 3 hours) and picked up a mare we had dropped off for breeding a couple of weeks ago yesterday.

Thank you my friend, it has been a lot better these past six months, but I was told to stop doing my back exercises after being diagnosed with a hiertus hernia o_O I'm glad you've heard of him at least Dave, I had to wonder :) I think you would have enjoyed it, we even had decent weather! :D The queuing I could have done without - and the seating! :eek: Hope all's well with you and the gang :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! I totally agree my friend! Harry keeps telling me I need to get it out and use and enjoy it more. I think he may be right! :D

Jack, I'm so sorry for you pain and discomfort, but I greatly appreciate all the wonderful photos from the Jousting Tournament! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks Ron, I know most of us suffer with our aches and pains :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Jack. Getting old isn't for the faint of heart!

Lovely pics of the tournament, it must have been great fun despite the pain.

Thanks Jeff, you're right there my friend :rolleyes: Thank you for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

Well, my recently born granddaughter is Eleanor, but her parents call her "Ellie." :)
(I've been thwarted in the naming business, too. Couldn't even get "Thomas" (Apostle, Aquinas, Becket, More, Sawyer, etc.) for any of my sons because my wife knew a Tom or Tommy once that she hated!)

A very nice name Vince :) We did call her Eleanor, but she prefers Ellie. She is a mother herself now :thumbsup:

That's unfortunate! :rolleyes: We picked both female names and male names, but they were all girls, my son-in-law and me are the only guys! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Superb AC pics guys

Wow! Dwight- Nice shot of a nice Knife matey!

. Like that photo, it's to much

Thanks guys.

Jack Black Jack Black - Jack thank you my friend for hanging in there and giving us photo documentation of the event. Very interesting and highly entertaining pictures. What elaborate and highly detailed regalia. Most impressive. So sorry to hear of your back pain relapse. Severe backspin is almost unbearable without relief. Hoping for a quick recovery kind sir.

IMG_1366.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Jack thank you my friend for hanging in there and giving us photo documentation of the event. Very interesting and highly entertaining pictures. What elaborate and highly detailed regalia. Most impressive. So sorry to hear of your back pain relapse. Severe backspin is almost unbearable without relief. Hoping for a quick recovery kind sir.

View attachment 1116046

Thank you very much Dwight :) You could see from the excitement of the participants, what an important part of their lives this was, Jeff Wasson even made his own armour :) I'm hoping I'll be better in a few days, thank you my friend, that's a cool pic :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Prester John Prester John my daughter's name is Ellie. I call her Elouise...her nickname is longer than her given name....lol.

That's cool Taylor, Barrett's daughter too :) I used to call my Ellie 'Elouise', but her second name is Louise. She has often asked me why we picked the name Louise, and I tell her that "we" didn't! :D

Or my favorite... The Tank Engine. ;)

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Back