Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I found this online, not quite what I had in mind, but thought it might raise a chuckle :D

Lucy liked it anyway ;)

DmHV1WL.jpg
Jack, the fact that you soldiered on, despite your pain and discomfort, to produce words and images of the event, is not only brilliant, but speaks volumes of your fine character. Rest and feel better soon, my friend.

Ah man... went through a bilateral hernia repair my ownself couple three years ago. A hernia is not fun. Purty purty ironwood.

Yikes, nasty Dave, hope you're doing OK now buddy :thumbsup: Supposed to be very common with guys our age, they don't seem to want to operate here. Thank you :) :thumbsup:

Jack, the fact that you soldiered on, despite your pain and discomfort, to produce words and images of the event, is not only brilliant, but speaks volumes of your fine character. Rest and feel better soon, my friend.

Thank you Harvey, that's very kind :) Well, having already paid, had I not attended, I'd have been drummed-out of the Yorkshireman's Guild ;) :D :thumbsup:

Yikes, nasty Dave, hope you're doing OK now buddy :thumbsup: Supposed to be very common with guys our age, they don't seem to want to operate here. Thank you :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey, that's very kind :) Well, having already paid, had I not attended, I'd have been drummed-out of the Yorkshireman's Guild ;) :D :thumbsup:

Yeah doing much better Jack but occasional twitch through recovery. For those that don't know what Jack is going through with that, I came up with a description that even the surgeon thought was apt. Its like ya got all the short hairs caught in your zipper and somebody ripped your jeans off ya.

Yeah doing much better Jack but occasional twitch through recovery. For those that don't know what Jack is going through with that, I came up with a description that even the surgeon thought was apt. Its like ya got all the short hairs caught in your zipper and somebody ripped your jeans off ya.

That's good to hear my friend :) Yikes! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

I’m totin this Rosewood Bigun today. I’m doing some much needed yard work. :eek:

46557925225_cb6f0ab91f_b_d.jpg

After the days work is complete when I’ve had a nice long shower and settled in for the evening, I believe I will quite likely change my carry choice! ;) Just because I can, I’m going to drop this beauty in my pocket and there will most likely be a lot of CE and CF going on! :eek: :D

33716411558_3b4edd0e76_b_d.jpg

I’m totin this Rosewood Bigun today. I’m doing some much needed yard work. :eek:

After the days work is complete when I’ve had a nice long shower and settled in for the evening, I believe I will quite likely change my carry choice! ;) Just because I can, I’m going to drop this beauty in my pocket and there will most likely be a lot of CE and CF going on! :eek: :D

One for work, one for play, sounds good to me Ron :) Great pics :thumbsup:

Your Damascus Ironwood is sublime, Ron. Congratulations.

Well said, Harvey :thumbsup: Couldn't have said it better myself, so I didn't even try!
Jack Black Jack Black - a little late at expressing kudos for a job well done and done well :thumbsup: Fantastic photos and I thoroughly enjoyed them :D
Your talent and expertise with the camera is especially evident in your recording of this marvelous celebration :cool:
The pics of the joust with pieces of broken lances flying through the air are exceptional :thumbsup:
I especially enjoyed viewing the melee. I truly felt like I was in the stands.
Your photos captured not only the excitement of the event, but also the horsemanship and training/performance of those magnificent steeds.
Thank you for rising to the occasion in such an admirable fashion despite the pain and for sharing the pageantry with us :thumbsup:
I hope you experience a quick recovery from your affliction.
OG
ps I liked the video, also
raCLfe0.jpg

0419191056aAA.jpg

Well said, Harvey :thumbsup: Couldn't have said it better myself, so I didn't even try!
Jack Black Jack Black - a little late at expressing kudos for a job well done and done well :thumbsup: Fantastic photos and I thoroughly enjoyed them :D
Your talent and expertise with the camera is especially evident in your recording of this marvelous celebration :cool:
The pics of the joust with pieces of broken lances flying through the air are exceptional :thumbsup:
I especially enjoyed viewing the melee. I truly felt like I was in the stands.
Your photos captured not only the excitement of the event, but also the horsemanship and training/performance of those magnificent steeds.
Thank you for rising to the occasion in such an admirable fashion despite the pain and for sharing the pageantry with us :thumbsup:
I hope you experience a quick recovery from your affliction.
OG
ps I liked the video, also
raCLfe0.jpg

View attachment 1116239

Thank you very much OG, and I'm glad you liked the photos. Getting the action shots of the jousting was quite difficult from the angle we were at, but of course the horses were moving extremely fast, and timing the shot right took a bit of trial and error, too soon and the clash hasn't happened, too late and one rider has passed behind the other. It was hard to see the action on my small LCD screen, so I was glad a few came out OK, capturing the very moment of impact, and the fractured lances. There was a lot going on in the melee, one shot I wish I'd got was an almighty blow which landed so hard they had to check the helmet visor for damage! The horses were even more enthusiastic than the riders! :) :thumbsup:

n1cdKyf.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black .
Thanks for great shots of the Tournament. It looked like a really fun day out. :D:thumbsup: I keep meaning to try and get to the one at Warwick Castle which is meant to be a grand affair :thumbsup:.
Sorry to hear about your health woes to; heres hoping you make a good recovery. Just an aside, in York Hospital Hiatus Hernia repairs (Laparoscopic Nissen's Fundoplication) was quite a common procedure certainly up to 4 years ago. I'm sure York and Leeds fall under the same Strategic Health Authority (or whatever their calling themselves this week :rolleyes:), so maybe investigating the option further could yield results??

Sorry everyone no replies to quotes or quotes or a picture today as I'm having computer problems.:mad: I just signed on for half an hour to test if a fix has fixed it. :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:
Great pics everyone :thumbsup:
And also a Happy St' George's Day to anyone of an English persuasion :thumbsup:

OK folks, I've uploaded some pics. Just a little background, there's been an Easter tournament at the Royal Armouries for more than 20 years now, it's a 4-day tournament, but I was only able to go to the final. The teams this year came from Britain, Poland, Canada, and the USA, and it's the first time the Canadian and US teams have taken part (probably a bit of a struggle going through the airport X-ray machine I imagine :eek:) :thumbsup:

YW8Nl0K.jpg

Thank you and congratulations for the excellent tournament that you show up at Easter.
In addition to her back pains, I think you was amusing herself.
Thank you very much for the photos, which show how exceptional this tournament was!!!:):thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black .
Thanks for great shots of the Tournament. It looked like a really fun day out. :D:thumbsup: I keep meaning to try and get to the one at Warwick Castle which is meant to be a grand affair :thumbsup:.
Sorry to hear about your health woes to; heres hoping you make a good recovery. Just an aside, in York Hospital Hiatus Hernia repairs (Laparoscopic Nissen's Fundoplication) was quite a common procedure certainly up to 4 years ago. I'm sure York and Leeds fall under the same Strategic Health Authority (or whatever their calling themselves this week :rolleyes:), so maybe investigating the option further could yield results??

Sorry everyone no replies to quotes or quotes or a picture today as I'm having computer problems.:mad: I just signed on for half an hour to test if a fix has fixed it. :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:
Great pics everyone :thumbsup:
And also a Happy St' George's Day to anyone of an English persuasion :thumbsup:

I've heard that about Warwick Castle too :) Thanks mate, that's useful information, all I seem to see are Quack's lately I'm afraid :thumbsdown: Sorry to hear about your computer woes David. Happy St George's Day to you too :) :thumbsup:

D1Dhblo.jpg

Thank you and congratulations for the excellent tournament that you show up at Easter.
In addition to her back pains, I think you was amusing herself.
Thank you very much for the photos, which show how exceptional this tournament was!!!:):thumbsup:

Thank you Jose :) :thumbsup:

Guardians 19's pleasure at sunbathing in the grass!!!:cool::thumbsup:

1042h74.jpg

That's a nice tan :) :thumbsup:

Life is good.

Back