Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Puget Sound Country

ZZKp5tg.jpg

OK, just my yard.

The way this thread moves, I'm afraid I'll miss page 1000 before I get back from dinner! ;)

How about some lambsfoot content? They are fine looking knives, but stand up to hard work, too.
Clearing the jungle:
ZF5DF62.jpg
Di3g5Et.jpg
Great photos Rachel, '19 Guardian is looking good...is that Sugar Cane?
Thank you so much for the info on the J Crookes lambs foot Jack! You are a wealth of info, but I am still unsure about the knife's age. When I heal up a bit from this mornings surgery I will post some detailed photos (Doc patched me up and I will be good to go in about two weeks!).

Meanwhile, in lambs foot jail....
aS8MuGR.jpg
Get well soon, Barry!
Thanks Preston. Your damalamb of the serpent is looking sweet.

I agree about weekdays being the time to go. I was actually meeting the "licensing instructor" and assumed we would be qualifying at a range. But no, we walked out behind his shop and he handed me a 40 cal and technology that rendered everything mute. :cool:

Gone a few hours and was 4 pages behind :eek: Enjoy the evening my friends.

View attachment 1118196
Thanks Dwight, I think I have seen that technology, attaches to the pistol and marks your shot digitally so you can call it up on a computer...doesn't use any ammo. My neighbor has it. Yep, this thread is a freight train!
Sitting at home about 7:00 pm, enjoying my favourite cocktail (usually with Tanqueray--tight budget this week!), listening to Sinatra with my wife, dogs, and cats, and checking the baseball scores. Nice evening so far.
vmgK9qf.jpg

Cheers, Guardians!
Nice setting, enjoy yourself!
Mine's been up to Alaska. Gonna put some miles on this one...

GiLPu1t.jpg
Great shot, we have snow predicted for Tuesday...but, what do they know?:rolleyes:
West coast is the best coast!
View attachment 1118288
Great, but Taylor, if it is the best, why are so many moving out here?:p?...just poking at ya.
Hope all Guardians have a great weekend, no matter if you're coasting or not:D
DSC_0305.JPG

Love that knife Dwight!
Thanks Barry. I can say it is my favorite.

John that ironwood is as fine as I have ever seen. I am shocked every time you post it.

Great photos Rachel, '19 Guardian is looking good...is that Sugar Cane?

Get well soon, Barry!

Thanks Dwight, I think I have seen that technology, attaches to the pistol and marks your shot digitally so you can call it up on a computer...doesn't use any ammo. My neighbor has it. Yep, this thread is a freight train!

Nice setting, enjoy yourself!

Great shot, we have snow predicted for Tuesday...but, what do they know?:rolleyes:

Great, but Taylor, if it is the best, why are so many moving out here?:p?...just poking at ya.
DSC_0305.JPG
Gorgeous dam serpent Preston. :cool:

OLd_gUY OLd_gUY Your ironwood lamb is an amazing match to your sea denizen. Great pic.

Does the bloke on the left have a Lambsfoot 'tat'?...if not he should be getting it soon.

Priceless!!!:D:p:D:D

Have a great time of it, Jack, hope the back is back to 'normal' soon.
DSC_0303%5B1%5D.JPG

I could probably talk him into it! :D

Thanks a lot Preston, still hasn't completely settled down, but I'm not in the pain I was :thumbsup: Those two look good together, nice pic :) :thumbsup:

Good grief no. If you turned up at a Premier League soccer match with a WMD like a pocket knife you'd end up face down in a puddle with 4 coppers pointing assault rifles at your head...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL Jack! I wish the chap who took that photo had chosen somewhere else to focus :D
Thanks for the information on the Crookes family; very interesting :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps. It was taken on the doors of Edgar Tower, gateway to Worcester Cathedral Close.
It was originally the gateway to Worcester Castle, the Bailey of which had been built by the Beauchamp family on cathedral grounds. In 1217 Henry III confiscated the Castle Bailey and returned the land to the cathedral leaving Edgar Tower where it was. Without a bailey the castle was near enough useless as a stronghold, and gradually fell out of use; eventually being razed to the ground.
L2xbtHm.jpg

2fWIV4X.jpg

9Uz14VR.jpg

It was here. We had horizontal hail yesterday and it's forecast 4c tomorrow. :(
I'll just have to keep looking at that cracking shot of yours to remind me that somebody somewhere is having nice weather. :)

That's pretty much every northern working class town on a weekend :D

Great looking record player there OG :thumbsup:. Now you've found your cigar cutter you can light one up and enjoy it listening to some tunes. :D

Yikes! :eek: :D Very true unfortunately :(

I see what you mean :rolleyes: Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics and history David :thumbsup:

Been cold and wet here today too :(

Kind of the same here, I guess. Have to leave the knives behind at hockey games, and I hear that Major League Baseball now has metal detectors and bans knives. We have a minor league team in my city, but I will leave the knives at home or in the car next time I go just in case they now have the same policy. :(

A few years ago here, they were setting up metal-detectors in the train stations, think it might have been deemed to be unlawful. Some poor old doctor got locked-up in the cells in Leeds for having a SAK on him :thumbsdown:

Thanks, Jack. I hope your weekend is fun and (back) pain-free. :)

Thank you very much John, getting there :thumbsup:

Ha! You would think so. I've got it on a couple sides of the yard. It's a constant battle to keep it from taking over. The new shoots and culms can be cut easily when they first come up and are green. Once they harden I have to use loppers and it's not nearly as much fun. I swear sometimes I walk around the house, cutting them down, and when I get back to where I started there are new ones shot up. They can grow a couple feet per day, so it might not just be my imagination! :eek:

Yikes! :eek: Don't want you cut off by a Bamboo Curtain! :eek: ;) :thumbsup: Here, the problem I have is Japanese Knotweed, though I think I might have finally got rid of it, fingers-crossed :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for the info on the J Crookes lambs foot Jack! You are a wealth of info, but I am still unsure about the knife's age. When I heal up a bit from this mornings surgery I will post some detailed photos (Doc patched me up and I will be good to go in about two weeks!).

Meanwhile, in lambs foot jail....
aS8MuGR.jpg

Hope you're feeling better soon Barry, that's a cool pic :D :cool: :thumbsup:

You've probably missed some of the stuff I've posted previously about dating Sheffield knives, (but basically, those 'experts' who reckon they can date a Sheffield knife from a particular tang-stamp are talking through their backsides). Have another read at the last part of my post, and when you're feeling better, post some detailed pics, and we'll see if we can't narrow it down a bit more between us :thumbsup:

In the meantime, here's a pic of a Sheffield-made Lambsfoot, if anyone can guess the date of manufacture to within a couple of decades, and explain why they've come to that conclusion, they win a prize :thumbsup:

ABJiRcd.jpg

Thanks Jack

Thanks Preston. Your damalamb of the serpent is looking sweet.

I agree about weekdays being the time to go. I was actually meeting the "licensing instructor" and assumed we would be qualifying at a range. But no, we walked out behind his shop and he handed me a 40 cal and technology that rendered everything mute. :cool:

Thanks my friend and I hope you and Lucy have a good day at Huddersfield tomorrow!

Thanks Harvey! Mighty nice of you. :) That sweet rig with the acorn shield is a lovely piece of cutlery.

:D

Beautiful John.

Glad to hear it went well Barry. Heal up quickly.

@dc50 - Dave your rosewood is looking radiant! Looking forward to you getting settled in.

Jack Black Jack Black - Jack your report on Jonathan Crookes history was very interesting and only (yet again) reinforces how complex and convoluted it can be to determine the details about any given knife. Thanks for sharing the info.

Prester John Prester John - Vince that is a wonderful spring time photo of your caramel AC.

Gone a few hours and was 4 pages behind :eek: Enjoy the evening my friends.

View attachment 1118196

Thanks a lot Dwight, I'm tempted to say that if you take the covers off an old Sheffield knife, you'll find the date etched underneath, but that'd be plain cruel! :D That sounds like impressive technology :cool: Thanks for another superb pic :) :thumbsup:

Sitting at home about 7:00 pm, enjoying my favourite cocktail (usually with Tanqueray--tight budget this week!), listening to Sinatra with my wife, dogs, and cats, and checking the baseball scores. Nice evening so far.
vmgK9qf.jpg

Cheers, Guardians!

Very civilized Vince :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1118218
Cut some feed bags...like butter!

:cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks OG! Feelin' a bit better.

That's good to hear Barry :thumbsup:

Mine's been up to Alaska. Gonna put some miles on this one...

GiLPu1t.jpg

Wow, very cool, that's a great pic :) :thumbsup:

West coast is the best coast!
View attachment 1118288

That looks good Preston, cheers :) :thumbsup:

You must mean GULF* coast, right? ;)

*As in "Gulf of Mexico."

The Gulf of California ain't too shabby, either. Good fishin' and cold cerveza :thumbsup:
View attachment 1118321

We got the Gulf STREAM - For NOW anyway! :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Great pic OG :) :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend Guardians.View attachment 1118349

Gorgeous pic Dwight :thumbsup:

Good Morning and Happy Weekend Guardians

Hope you're having a good one John :) :thumbsup:

Puget Sound Country

ZZKp5tg.jpg

OK, just my yard.

Nice pic Barry :) :thumbsup:

I could look at those Ironwood covers all day my friend :) :thumbsup:

DSC_0305.JPG

Ace pic Preston ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
6Yvy8fb.jpg

The sun always shines on the Righteous! ;) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Huddersfield was a bit wet and miserable, and I didn't find any treasures, or get any pics, but I did have an excellent second breakfast ;) :thumbsup:

Just been sharing this bottle. Certainly an exceptional beer, but at £20+ a bottle, I'm glad it was a limited edition! :eek: I picked up before Xmas and have been looking forward to it :thumbsup:

h4g1Bsr.jpg

Back