1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    That looks to be Ironwood on Ironwood?
    Always great information and photos from you, Jack. Thank you.
    Really, some of the brews that you Guardians drink cause me concern. This 'beer' for example, coconut, cacao and coffee and at the price of this one!:eek: Good that you have such great taste in knives:D
    You did it again, Dwight, smashing photo!
    View attachment 1118813 [/QUOTE]
    Bigun be looking good! You too, have a good Sunday.

TFBraden, donn, Fodderwing and 4 others like this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Bigun be looking good! You too, have a good Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot Preston :D :thumbsup:

pjsjr, OLd_gUY and dc50 like this.
  3. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you John! :)

Thanks my friend! :)

@pjsjr Thanks for the compliment! :)

pjsjr, OLd_gUY and Jack Black like this.
  4. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Jack for taking the time to share your detailed response. You certainly deserve a pint to go with that coffee. You nailed it when you said that dating old world knives is a minefield. In answering your contest question, I was careful to not claim that my answer was truth. In the end my quest was to research in a short period of time. I enjoy history and research, so it was a fun project. As for prizes, I thank you for the goodies, but my real reward is being a small part of the Guardians. Congratulations to you in advance for reaching 1K.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    TFBraden, Half/Stop, Dschal and 8 others like this.
  5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I know you all enjoy trees. Here is another picture of my grand old Oak tree in my backyard. As you can see, I finally got around to chopping down all the weeds that were waist-high. I really love this old tree, it's probably my favorite feature of my entire property.

[​IMG]

6. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    TFBraden, Dschal, pjsjr and 8 others like this.
  7. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    That’s a grand looking tree, John.

OLd_gUY, dc50, Ramrodmb and 1 other person like this.
  8. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    [​IMG]

9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    You did a very good job Harvey :) If we can find out, for example, when the company became Limited, we know that a knife with a tang-stamp which includes 'Ltd' almost certainly wasn't made before that date. Unfortunately, what we don't know is if the old stamp will be used in the future, so it doesn't necessarily follow that a knife without the 'Ltd' mark predates the firm becoming a Limited Company :confused: When folks, often new posters, ask 'How old is my knife', they don't realise the amount of time and effort that can go into answering that question. There was a feller the other week with a TEW knife, unusually I was even able to tell him the name of the person who made it, and (roughly) when, but then he wanted to ask about 'value' (despite the fact he had actually owned it from new), which contravened the forum rules o_O Thank you for the kind words my friend :thumbsup:

Here's an interesting knife in point, a contemporary Joseph Rodgers knife, and the company who contracted to have it made will tell you about their proud historic tradition. What they won't tell you is that, after Rodgers were bought by Imperial, and then in turn by a short-lived shoddy Sheffield outfit called Meteor Industries, they simply bought up the Rodgers name, along with various other prestigious Sheffield names, such as Wostenholm and Ibberson, all of which they continue to use o_O I guess, to some extent, that happens on both sides of the Atlantic though :rolleyes: Nice pic my friend, hope you're having a good Sunday :thumbsup:

Fantastic John :) :thumbsup:

Dschal, donn, Fodderwing and 4 others like this.
  10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005

Looking good Barry :) :thumbsup:

OLd_gUY and cigarrodog like this.
  11. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Shiny :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Harvey. It is probably the grand daddy of all the trees in the area.

Excellent picture, Barry. I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get out there and "rip some lips".

OLd_gUY, tmd_87 and cigarrodog like this.
  12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hey, don't think that stuff is going back on my table Harvey! :D ;) :thumbsup:

r8shell, Fodderwing and JohnDF like this.
  13. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - Amen, Brother.:thumbsup::)

@JohnDF Thanks John. What I like about this knife is that it’s worry free.

JohnDF and Jack Black like this.
  14. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]
    No, that's not my breakfast!

15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Cool pic Vince :D :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Great picture, Vince.
    You're getting hooked on those little treats, aren't you?

17. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, guys.
    The sweet & heat combination is intoxicating. I love candy and I love chiles. Have a great Sunday!

18. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Both the JBs and the Lamb are Hot!

19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I bet they go well with a cold beer chaser.

20. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Yeah, baby!