Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

IMG_20190428_105237.jpg
Went to the swap meet with my son. No knives. But my son bought an older Cannon camera that takes film. He asked me how to plug it into the computer to get the pictures :confused:....I had to explain the film to him and how it works. We ordered some film on that big site that starts with an A. He is excited!

I came

I saw

I forgot what I was doing

I retraced my steps

I got lost

I have no idea what’s going on
Exactly! :thumbsup::p
Thank you. I took some of other knives, so you'll probably get tired of that background :rolleyes:
No, we won't get tired of the same background OG :cool: we are a fellowship first and foremost, the Lambsfoot is the reason we are of the same mind. :)

View attachment 1118940
Went to the swap meet with my son. No knives. But my son bought an older Cannon camera that takes film. He asked me how to plug it into the computer to get the pictures :confused:....I had to explain the film to him and how it works. We ordered some film on that big site that starts with an A. He is excited!

That's funny Taylor! :D I was talking to someone who works in one of the big stores here, and he was saying they still sell quite a lot of film, as well as those pre-loaded disposable cameras, really surprised me.

You are taking some stellar shots of that Snakewood my friend :thumbsup:

That's funny Taylor! :D I was talking to someone who works in one of the big stores here, and he was saying they still sell quite a lot of film, as well as those pre-loaded disposable cameras, really surprised me.

You are taking some stellar shots of that Snakewood my friend :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! It hasn't left my pocket yet! I'm interested in seeing the photos my son is going to capture. I was explaining the film process I think he has it down now. :D

For at least a couple of decades now, the Indian government has had an export ban in place on Sambar stag. This hit the Sheffield cutlers particularly hard, since it was unexpected, and the small remaining firms didn't keep stocks, as firms like Joseph Rodgers did in the past.

6Sp1OZY.jpg

Also, British stag is much less dense than Sambar stag with less character.

SpoTKms.jpg

They were forced to use very poor stag, seek alternatives, such as camel-bone, or abandon using stag altogether. Wright's stag was generally quite characterless, but they then managed to source some Pere David stag, which was a good deal better, and get it in decent quantities.

afo226K.jpg

They also managed to secure a smaller quantity of vintage Sambar, which had been cut for steak knife handles, which I used for the Ashley's Choice knives, and for some of the recent Damascus ones. It will also be used on the forthcoming Lambsfoot Barlows :thumbsup:

1tMr5yR.jpg
Jack tell me more about this Barlow, or will there be an email soon?

Big Red is the carry today even though it's packed with all my others. :D
View attachment 1118908
As long as you're carrying the box... :D

SpoTKms.jpg

They were forced to use very poor stag, seek alternatives, such as camel-bone, or abandon using stag altogether. Wright's stag was generally quite characterless, but they then managed to source some Pere David stag, which was a good deal better, and get it in decent quantities.

afo226K.jpg

They also managed to secure a smaller quantity of vintage Sambar, which had been cut for steak knife handles, which I used for the Ashley's Choice knives, and for some of the recent Damascus ones. It will also be used on the forthcoming Lambsfoot Barlows :thumbsup:

1tMr5yR.jpg
The difference in the density is astounding. Hard to believe they're related animals.

To my eye, that is absolutely gorgeous and doesn't get any better.

Yep John that is a magnificent old patriarch right there. How fortunate to have it on your place.
Thanks, Dwight. I am mighty happy that it's "MY" tree :D The arborist that I hire to take care of my Oaks even marvels at it.

View attachment 1118940
Great picture of a beautiful Lamb. The story of plugging the old camera into the computer had me laughing. :thumbsup:

Great picture of a beautiful Lamb. The story of plugging the old camera into the computer had me laughing. :thumbsup:
I've got a camera you have to plug into a computer. A real pain in the ____! Haven't used it in years. I miss the 35mm cameras, and even the 110s, which were so easy to use. Polaroids were too big and the shortlived disc camera was crap.
I mostly just use my i-Phone camera now. Much better than the cameras on the old flip phones.

Back