1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Thank you, John.
    I think it truly is Dave. I just like to fish and catch fish, so whatever works.:thumbsup:

OLd_gUY, cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  2. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Good stuff! I've always wanted to try it but never had the opportunity to give it a go. :thumbsup::D

cigarrodog and JohnDF like this.
  3. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Blimey Preston, what a story! :( Very well told though :thumbsup:

Thank you :)

Great photo, I wish I had the split-cane rod my granddad gave me as a boy. My father 'borrowed' it, and not knowing how to cast with a cane rod, broke the top section. My grandfather, who had built many rods, managed to repair it, only for my father to do exactly the same thing again, but this time time he broke the middle section :(

Fantastic pic my friend, what a beauty, and a great-looking Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D When I was a kid, I just wanted to catch big fish, and fished whenever I could throughout the year. Sadly, I have not fished for years, but when I look back, it was not the fish that I missed so much, as the peace and quiet of the river-bank, and everything else that comes with fishing, including sitting in a boat with a six-pack :) :thumbsup:

TFBraden, OLd_gUY, Dschal and 5 others like this.
  4. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    [​IMG]

5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Well Guardians, I am about to hit the hay here, but I have the giveaway prizes all ready for when we hit 1000 pages, sometime tomorrow no doubt :) :thumbsup:

TFBraden, waverave, HEMI 49 and 7 others like this.
  6. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks, Dave! Appreciate it very much, my friend. I think of you often and feel for you having to pack up and move. The longer you have been there, the harder it is.

Thanks, Dwight! I am as excited as you about the new hints of Stag Barlows floating about!!:D

All steel construction= perfect! Thanks very much for the compliments, sir!:thumbsup: I want to express my gratitude for your response to every post. Really makes everyone feel included and quite a feat, I might add, in this fast moving thread. I am not sure how you do it, but, thank you.:)

I am confident it will be fantastic. Nothing to worry about, my friend.:)

Oh my gosh Taylor, that looks delicious!! 2 really great knives, as well.:thumbsup: You're a lucky guy!

Beautiful knife and the fly rod is a treasure, Preston!:cool:

Sheets??:eek: Great knife and cool photo, Dave!

@JohnDF Magnificent Oak tree, John. I can see why you are very proud of it!:thumbsup:

@gunstockjack Really great photos you have put up the last few days, Barry! Thanks for sharing them here.:cool:

tmd_87, Dschal, cigarrodog and 4 others like this.
  7. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, my friend, :)

Ramrodmb and cigarrodog like this.
  8. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Jack, thanks for this very informative post! :thumbsup: :)

9. pjsjr

Jan 2, 2005
    Thanks Jack, fishing is so great, it has something for everyone. The fly shops around the Denver metro area have been giving classes for years. With the population exploding and so many people wanting to fish they have resorted to making it a big deal to catch carp on flies. The South Platte flows through a good portion of the metro area and there are groups being 'guided' along the river's banks casting for carp. I smile and remember the old story of how to fix carp...take a white pine board, put carp and spices/onion/butter/wine on board. Bake for twenty minutes or until done. Throw away the carp and eat the board.:eek::D:eek:

Peregrin, OLd_gUY, Dschal and 6 others like this.
  10. pjsjr

Jan 2, 2005
    Thank you Mark, the rod brings back so many good memories!

11. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Great story Preston. Super cool that you have those rods.

WOW that is sweet.

x2 @Jack Black

TFBraden, OLd_gUY, Dschal and 5 others like this.
  12. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I liken it to hunting for fish. It's more active and you have to be stealthy.

My heart just sank...

Well said. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Jack Black, OLd_gUY, Ramrodmb and 2 others like this.
  13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, Mark. :)

Some of my best memories are fly fishing on the Gunison River in Colorado. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

I can't wait until we hit 1,000 pages...
    [​IMG]

14. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    That's a good description, John.:thumbsup::D

Jack Black, cigarrodog and JohnDF like this.
  15. pjsjr

Jan 2, 2005
    That's why it's called fishing, not catching:D:p:D

16. pjsjr

Jan 2, 2005
    The Black Canyon of the Gunnison is famous, hard to get to and fish effectively. Big trout!
    Here are the two rods, his creel and Rosie. We would grab hand fulls of grass at the river's edge and put it and the trout in the creel. Kept the trout cool all day...I can still smell that smell:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

17. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    A great image with a nostalgic touch.

18. JoeGoblyn

JoeGoblyn Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2018
    Being insanely behind on this thread, I read a few pages to catch up and come to the most current. But there’s nearly a month I missed.

These two Lambsfoot knives are two of my main daily carries. I saw that post with the old Graflex and I had to participate.

[​IMG]

Hope everyone is doing well lately. I hope to be caught up (relatively) soon.

Joe

19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Great picture. If you don't mind, I'd like to use it as my desktop wallpaper for a while. :cool:

20. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Nothing but good there. That M5 must be fun to play with.:thumbsup:

Jack Black and JohnDF like this.