1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Thank you. :thumbsup: That's high praise for sure, especially with the photographic talent that is so evident around here.

Yeah, buddy. Can't wait for the news :D

Thank you :thumbsup: Detectives, huh? OK. Guess we could call ourselves Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson -- more like Laurel and Hardy :p

My Dad's Kodak, my Grandfather's steelhead rod, my neighbors windmill - but it's MY Lambsfoot ;)
    0428191746_900_HDR.jpg
    OG

peanutsxx, TFBraden, Ramrodmb and 9 others like this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I'm loving all the Lambsfoot knives and bamboo rods. I need to get me a bamboo rod some day, maybe when I win the lottery.

Jack Black, dc50, pjsjr and 2 others like this.
  3. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    Good stuff, Joe
    OG

cigarrodog likes this.
  4. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    You're welcome to come cut all the bamboo you want from my backyard. For free!

5. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    That Kodak is awesome, OG.:thumbsup:

Jack Black, dc50 and OLd_gUY like this.
  6. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    If that photo doesn't put a smile on your face... well... it just should. Great pic OG.

Jack Black, dc50, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  7. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    All this talk of fishing and trout is making me anxious for the snow to melt so I can hit the high sierras for a few of these tasty little treats...
    IMAG1033.jpg

8. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I was actually thinking about that as I was posting about bamboo. Lol :D

9. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I'm a Catch and Release guy myself, but I know exactly what you mean. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

I don't have any fancy bamboo rods, but I can't wait to take my favorite fly pattern and my favorite knife up to the Sierra Mountains :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

10. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    I am still amazed of the job you did on that bamboo with your Lambsfoot :eek: :thumbsup: I would have used a Kukri or a machete at least, probably a chainsaw. My Grandfather had some on his place and I was introduced to it around 10 years of age or so. Used to make whistle/flutes out of the smaller pieces :)

Jack Black, dc50, pjsjr and 2 others like this.
  11. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    Always wanted to learn how to use a fly fishing setup but get by ok with my little spinning reels. I'll catch and release, if appropriate, but when I'm up there backpacking overnight at least a few of them will surely end up in "ma belly" :)

Jack Black, dc50, JohnDF and 5 others like this.
  12. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I haven't been fishing in years, but I sure would like to go in those beautiful mountains! You probabaly don't have many bugs out there by the water either, unlike here. :eek:

Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  13. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    The new shoots are easy to cut while they're still green, but in a few days they harden and lopping shears are really the best tool for the job. I've used a machete just because it's fun to have an excuse to swing a machete! :D But I had the lambsfoot in my pocket, and only meant to cut down a few shoots that were spreading to the side of the yard. Then I cut a few more and saw a cool photo opportunity. ;) I'm pretty easy on my knives, but I knew the Lambsfoot could stand up to harder work. Just like I knew the handle is comfortable, but this is the first time I found myself really appreciating the ergonomics. :thumbsup:

peanutsxx, Jack Black, dc50 and 5 others like this.
  14. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    Where I like to go up in the Sierras, you have to time it right after the snow melts in Spring because the mosquitos are pretty bad right after that and through the Summer months. By the end of summer or early Fall the bugs are pretty much gone and things get perfect again for a bit :thumbsup:

Jack Black, tmd_87, OLd_gUY and 2 others like this.
  15. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Those are two Leica models I’ve never used! Otherwise all of my Venn diagram circles are intersecting tonight—flyfishing, photography and Lambsfoot knives!

16. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    Can't beat the Sierras in the spring - right @tmd_87 ?
    We have a trip to Flaming Gorge (Kokanee heaven) planned at the end of June :cool:
    After looking at all these pics of flies, I thought I'd throw in a hasty pic of a Marlin lure that used to do pretty good for me (400# test, 12/0 stainless hooks) - please excuse the shadow on the knife blade
    0428191905_900_.jpg

17. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    Nice stringer :thumbsup:
    OG

cigarrodog and waverave like this.
  18. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    I went fly fishing once, I caught a couple good size boulders and the biggest tree that you have ever done seen! Funny everything I caught was behind me.....maybe I should have put the river to my back and I might have done better. :D

[​IMG]

19. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Gorgeous ebony Kevin. Love the old plates as background.

20. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017