Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

To my eye, that is absolutely gorgeous and doesn't get any better.
Thank you. :thumbsup: That's high praise for sure, especially with the photographic talent that is so evident around here.

I'll send out an email in a couple of weeks Taylor, there's a lot going into this one, so I want to make sure everything is just as it should be before I send out any info :thumbsup:
Yeah, buddy. Can't wait for the news :D

Thank you so much, OG. Much appreciation. As Detectives, I would partner with you anytime.:thumbsup::) Your Lamb looks right smart in that fine image.
Thank you :thumbsup: Detectives, huh? OK. Guess we could call ourselves Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson -- more like Laurel and Hardy :p

Some of us old guys still use sheets of film—and carry a Lambsfoot.
7JJ4oO6.jpg

The Black Canyon of the Gunnison is famous, hard to get to and fish effectively. Big trout!
Here are the two rods, his creel and Rosie. We would grab hand fulls of grass at the river's edge and put it and the trout in the creel. Kept the trout cool all day...I can still smell that smell:thumbsup:
DSC_0307%5B1%5D.JPG
My Dad's Kodak, my Grandfather's steelhead rod, my neighbors windmill - but it's MY Lambsfoot ;)
0428191746_900_HDR.jpg
OG

Being insanely behind on this thread, I read a few pages to catch up and come to the most current. But there’s nearly a month I missed.

These two Lambsfoot knives are two of my main daily carries. I saw that post with the old Graflex and I had to participate.

E0230x6.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well lately. I hope to be caught up (relatively) soon.

Joe
Good stuff, Joe
OG

Thank you. :thumbsup: That's high praise for sure, especially with the photographic talent that is so evident around here.

Thank you :thumbsup: Detectives, huh? OK. Guess we could call ourselves Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson -- more like Laurel and Hardy :p

My Dad's Kodak, my Grandfather's steelhead rod, my neighbors windmill - but it's MY Lambsfoot ;)
View attachment 1119283
OG
That Kodak is awesome, OG.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1119283
OG
If that photo doesn't put a smile on your face... well... it just should. Great pic OG.

The Black Canyon of the Gunnison is famous, hard to get to and fish effectively. Big trout!
Here are the two rods, his creel and Rosie. We would grab hand fulls of grass at the river's edge and put it and the trout in the creel. Kept the trout cool all day...I can still smell that smell:thumbsup:
DSC_0307%5B1%5D.JPG
All this talk of fishing and trout is making me anxious for the snow to melt so I can hit the high sierras for a few of these tasty little treats...
IMAG1033.jpg

All this talk of fishing and trout is making me anxious for the snow to melt so I can hit the high sierras for a few of these tasty little treats...
I'm a Catch and Release guy myself, but I know exactly what you mean. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

I don't have any fancy bamboo rods, but I can't wait to take my favorite fly pattern and my favorite knife up to the Sierra Mountains :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

You're welcome to come cut all the bamboo you want from my backyard. For free!
I am still amazed of the job you did on that bamboo with your Lambsfoot :eek: :thumbsup: I would have used a Kukri or a machete at least, probably a chainsaw. My Grandfather had some on his place and I was introduced to it around 10 years of age or so. Used to make whistle/flutes out of the smaller pieces :)

I'm a Catch and Release guy myself, but I know exactly what you mean. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

I don't have any fancy bamboo rods, but I can't wait to take my favorite fly pattern and my favorite knife up to the Sierra Mountains :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:
Always wanted to learn how to use a fly fishing setup but get by ok with my little spinning reels. I'll catch and release, if appropriate, but when I'm up there backpacking overnight at least a few of them will surely end up in "ma belly" :)

I am still amazed of the job you did on that bamboo with your Lambsfoot :eek: :thumbsup: I would have used a Kukri or a machete at least, probably a chainsaw. My Grandfather had some on his place and I was introduced to it around 10 years of age or so. Used to make whistle/flutes out of the smaller pieces :)
The new shoots are easy to cut while they're still green, but in a few days they harden and lopping shears are really the best tool for the job. I've used a machete just because it's fun to have an excuse to swing a machete! :D But I had the lambsfoot in my pocket, and only meant to cut down a few shoots that were spreading to the side of the yard. Then I cut a few more and saw a cool photo opportunity. ;) I'm pretty easy on my knives, but I knew the Lambsfoot could stand up to harder work. Just like I knew the handle is comfortable, but this is the first time I found myself really appreciating the ergonomics. :thumbsup:

I haven't been fishing in years, but I sure would like to go in those beautiful mountains! You probabaly don't have many bugs out there by the water either, unlike here. :eek:
Where I like to go up in the Sierras, you have to time it right after the snow melts in Spring because the mosquitos are pretty bad right after that and through the Summer months. By the end of summer or early Fall the bugs are pretty much gone and things get perfect again for a bit :thumbsup:

Being insanely behind on this thread, I read a few pages to catch up and come to the most current. But there’s nearly a month I missed.

These two Lambsfoot knives are two of my main daily carries. I saw that post with the old Graflex and I had to participate.

E0230x6.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well lately. I hope to be caught up (relatively) soon.

Joe
Those are two Leica models I’ve never used! Otherwise all of my Venn diagram circles are intersecting tonight—flyfishing, photography and Lambsfoot knives!

Can't beat the Sierras in the spring - right @tmd_87 ?
We have a trip to Flaming Gorge (Kokanee heaven) planned at the end of June :cool:
After looking at all these pics of flies, I thought I'd throw in a hasty pic of a Marlin lure that used to do pretty good for me (400# test, 12/0 stainless hooks) - please excuse the shadow on the knife blade
0428191905_900_.jpg

I went fly fishing once, I caught a couple good size boulders and the biggest tree that you have ever done seen! Funny everything I caught was behind me.....maybe I should have put the river to my back and I might have done better. :D

47672523222_1b956f8c94_h.jpg

Back