Guardless Warthog Pre-Order Work in Progress

Here is the beginning stages of the Guardless Warthogs that are on pre-order

Scribed out and cut ready for profiling.

Profiled out and the profiles cleaned up to ensure uniformity.

Here I am incorporating a new process into my routine, tilt the TW90 sideways and surface grind the mill scale off. I am hoping this cuts down on my production time and makes hand sanding the flats prior to hammer texturing and heat treating easier on me

Here is a video of the surface grinder attachment in action.

And after it has been surface ground

All of them at this point have been surface ground

Next I will put Dykem on these scribe the bevels to about 25 thousandths, and scribe for pin layout and tapers

More to come soon..

Thanks Chris for the update!!! Looks like the TW90 did what you wanted it to do. Did that ultimately speed that process up I’m assuming ?

I can see a lot of happy people in these pics. I really like the WIP pics. Very interesting!

Seriously!!?? I was wondering what magic held the blade in the TW90 so I tracked down a video. A friggen magnet?? Is there any risk of that blade being shot out and going to visit your neighbors on the other side of the wall?

Thanks Chris for the update!!! Looks like the TW90 did what you wanted it to do. Did that ultimately speed that process up I’m assuming ?

You are welcome, The TW90 perfromed really nicely, too early to tell really if it speed up the process, but my educated guess is that it did!

This rocks. Thanks Chris

Your welcome Mike!

I can see a lot of happy people in these pics. I really like the WIP pics. Very interesting!

I hope so Dave! I am glad you guy's like the WIP pics, I will try and take as many photos during the different stages without being repetative and redudent.

Seriously!!?? I was wondering what magic held the blade in the TW90 so I tracked down a video. A friggen magnet?? Is there any risk of that blade being shot out and going to visit your neighbors on the other side of the wall?

Yeah it has a bunch of high pull rare earth magnets, it holds the blade on pretty securely. Out of the 49 blades I surface ground I only managed to launch one across the shop, who knew Poon Tip Tusks could fly :D. Luckily it fell out of the air before it made it to the back wall, it only flew about 15 feet. That was user error there. I got a little aggresive with the feed and tried to take off to much in a pass. If I take my time and use it properly there should be no problem with blades launching. But hey shit happens, this is a good reason why if it does launch a blade it will always be in the direction away from me.

Last edited:
awesome, thanks for posting Chris

Your Welcome Bob!

I will take one! But the temptation of having one around may lead me to do target practice with it! ;):D

I'm just going to pretend one of those is mine

Pretend away! I made a few extra just incase there was a woopsy moment, Knock on wood havent had one of those in awhile! So if all goes well expect to see the surplus offered for sale, perhaps maybe with some nice woods!

Pretend away! I made a few extra just incase there was a woopsy moment, Knock on wood havent had one of those in awhile! So if all goes well expect to see the surplus offered for sale, perhaps maybe with some nice woods!

I'm sure the wood you source or have squirreled away will be spectacular, but I would most likely be boring and do black g10 on black if forced to make a decision on my own. I do love my natural wood OKT handles though

Here is what the Guardless Warthogs looked like this morning!
Drilled and with the pre-heat treat grinds

And this afternoon! Tangs Tapered

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

They should take form pretty quickly after this, I plan to have these hammer textured and heat treated by the end of this weekend and handles glued on by the beginning to middle of next week, shaping the handles by the end of next week and refining the handles by hand filing them next weekend. I was hoping to have these completed by Christmas, but I am pretty sure that isn't going to happen. I would rather finish them all to the best of my ability rather than rush them out the door.

More to come in a few days....

Last edited:
Yup, take your time. Better to have a small delay and they be perfect than to push yourself unrealistically. Just keep on doing your thing and we’ll sit back and watch the magic happen :thumbsup:

Back