Guardless Warthog Pre-Order Work in Progress

blogger-image--988839283.jpg

Dang! That's a heck of a batch of knives! I also checked out for the holidays, but in doing so I completely missed all the updates here!

I've been loving my Warthog Chris, I'm sure everyone here will also love theirs. The purple and toxic green was the first combo to catch my eye here, but they're all great! Though none are better than the one you came up with for me. ;)

Also! Happy belated birthday! We almost share the same one, mine was Jan 2.

The Pre Order Guardless Warthogs are Completed and ready to ship!!!

Here are the completed Guardless Warthogs with photos like in a sales thread.

I will be packaging these up tomorrow and in the mail on Tuesday. I will send out reminders later this evening via Paypal to close out invoices.

I hope everyone enjoys looking at their completed knife and feel free to leave questions or comments. I will be back on here in a few days to share my thoughts on how this first pre sale went and some things I would like to do different next time.

Group 1 of 3

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

(5)

(6)

Last edited:
Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool
Wow Chris those all look amazing! I really appreciate you doing the pre-order and letting us see the process along the way! This has been fun, and I can't wait to get mine!

Edit: I should have added this last night, but I forgot. I think it's cool to see which knife belongs to everyone, so mine is #4 Jade G-10 over Blue:thumbsup:

Thanks again Chris!

Last edited:
This is wonderful!

They are all awesome!

I am partial to #4 (because it’s a combination that I also considered) and #12 (because that one is mine :) )

This will be my first OKT. The Warthog is the first model I ever saw a picture of. I knew immediately that I wanted one. Several reviews - including the one by @adequacy - cemented that sentiment for me.

I don’t know Chris personally or very well beyond the fact that he makes incredible knives (and has a really great companion - Major).
I know that Chris is a combat veteran - from the brief introductory note on the Outpost and other mentions elsewhere. As someone who has never experienced that it would be misplaced for me to say anything beyond that I have a lot of respect for it.
Perhaps this has been addressed elsewhere, but I have wondered whether the Warthog and the Apache (and perhaps some of the other models ?) are named after the aircraft that provide critical support to troops on the ground - and only by extension after the animal and the tribe known for its fighting prowess?
Anyway, in view of this background, I am especially happy with the color combination of OD green/natural/black because, as I see it, they not only suit this model/design particularly well, but also reflect what can only be an important and defining part of the creator’s life.

I know I speak for all of us when I say:
Thank you, Chris!

Last edited:
Payment was sent last night Chris. Thanks again for the tour (beginning to end) it’s been really awesome to ride along. I think all of them are amazing. I love all the different combos. Mine is #2. My theme is Harley Davidson. But I see some combos that will be on my list for the next pre-order. Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool for those of us that ordered sheaths, will they be shipping with the knives or directly from Wallace? Thanks again man!! WELL DONE. WELL DONE.

This is a spectacular group Chris. I couldn't pick a favorite if I had to. I've enjoyed watching the progression of this batch and I appreciate your time investment to allow us to follow along. Very well done sir!

12 is a sweet color I didn’t even think about, I like that one
In my case, it evolved as a collaborative effort with Chris. He did mention to me that the combination was a personal favorite of his, which is partly what prompted me to make the assumptions in my above post.

I’d be curious to know who is behind the second one - #10

Thank you Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool for this opportunity and providing us with awesome updates along the way. I must admit, I was very skeptical about picking my combination (#9 Double black with white base and green stripes) because I have never seen it used before. I’m really liking the way it turned out and can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Back