Guesses on Spyderco’s Future

What do y’all think Spyderco will have in store for us in the year 2020? In my opinion, they have been killing it lately. I can’t wait to see what kind of steels they end up using; that’s my favorite thing about Spyderco.

I feel like we are reaching the end of the rabbit hole with steels. What’s left to push the limits? CPM15V? S125V? S150V? REX121? Vancron Superclean?

Ceramic? :eek:

Honestly though, I would love to see some CPM-T15. Some O7 would be great too.

Also hoping that 2020 brings me a Maxamet Military. :D

I don’t have any Idea what they will do, but I wouldn’t mind seeing the following:

-Something new with Ed Schempp. I always thought his stuff was really cool.
-A Native Chief in LC200N, but it might be too soon.
-Spyderco’s polished G10 is amazing, so I wouldn’t mind seeing another offering that uses it.
-Something new in the Ethnic Series.

+1 for Ed Schempp design. I would also like to finally see the Pacific Salt 2.

Native Chief LC200N
Native Chief Fluted Ti
Military LC200N
Upgrade all existing H1 models to LC200N and the new Endura type handle design

A man can dream.

As much as I dearly love my M390 Military I would like to see them use more BU steels. Oh I know that M390 isn't considered the very best steel out there by comparison but for some strange reason it's suited and satisfied me better than anything else so far. I find it slightly easier to constantly maintain than I do S110V for instance. There is just something about the way BU steels take hard use.

I would like to see their existing models available in the wide variety of steels they currently offer. I really like the Manix. I'd love to be able to get it in ZDP, LC200N, 3v, Rex45, etc. Some super long life steels like Rex121, 15v, and S125v would also be great.

They just need to do more general releases in high end steels. Period.

Give them to me in larger numbers so normal mopes can get them without the flipper tax.

Performance steels, black, red, blue, etc G10. Priced at about the $160-$170 for the premium steels.

Release a few in AEBL (this steel is cheap, easy to sharpen, stainless, and tough), 52100, CPM rex 45, CPM 3v, etc, etc, more in S90v etc. Rex121,

Back