Guesses on Spyderco’s Future

I'd like to see micarta and Cruwear, Vanax Superclean in a Manix 2 and PM2, and lots more LC200N. Maybe a smaller Caribbean, which I EDC and think it is Spyderco's most underrated blade.

Maybe a smaller Caribbean, which I EDC and think it is Spyderco's most underrated blade.

I really like the look and design considerations of the Caribbean but those scales are just hideous. Can the yellow be rit dyed black or does it still look terrible? I'm sure it's a great user.

I really like the look and design considerations of the Caribbean but those scales are just hideous. Can the yellow be rit dyed black or does it still look terrible? I'm sure it's a great user.
It can easily be RIT dyed. I've seen some that are dyed black that look great. The handles provide exceptional traction with the grooves too. I don't mind the yellow too much, but I may dye mine in the future just for a new look.

The Tanto Para 2 hasn't made it into production yet.

The Delica and the Endura were made in 1990, so 2020 would be a good to do a 30 year anniversary special edition. Maybe do something crazy like titanium scales with super gold?

Reactions: AF
^^ re some above posts, yes absolutely a tool steel Native Chief would be super fresh lol

I think with the para 3 LW and LW chaparral out there the delica needs a buff to compete with them

Maybe bring the cost of the ZDP version down to $9X.00 and offer it with them same color options that are available on the VG 10 ones

Unless it is discontinued, when did we ever see the price of a knife had been lowered by the manufacturer?

Hmmmm ........ never lol

I just wonder if the delica priced at $80 will start losing out to the chaparral big time .... probably not in all reality

Wow! All really great replies to this thread; filled with hopes in dreams from our knife enthusiastic minds.

I’m in agreement of adding micarta scales in models such as the PM2, Shaman, Military, and many more. If there was a version of the Manix 2 with Micarta scales and a Steel such as Vanax Superclean or even REX 121 (with optimal HRC; Spyderco is usually better at reaching higher hardnesses than most production knife companies) I would snatch two of them up.

All fantasies and wishful thinking aside, Spyderco does a great job of listening to the customers and has been hyping me up for what the future holds. The possibilities are endless. What a great time it is to be a knife guy, wouldn’t y’all agree?

I would think one of the next big innovations for spyderco is in the way of scales! Micarta and sculpted G10 it would bring fresh life to many old favorites like the PM2! That and of course a tanto PM2!

I would like to see more offerings in Lc200n and Vanax Superclean. I’d also like to see more reasonably priced fixed blades. For example, The Waterway has a high level of value.

Back