Guesses on Spyderco’s Future

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by SwampFishin’, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Gunsnknives

Gunsnknives

Mar 26, 2011
    Native Chief in M4 or 4V would get my $$$

mb>, Freedom Pullo and Organic556 like this.
  2. Organic556

Organic556 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2015
    I’m with you on that one. Native chief and the shaman as well. They both have a lot of potential. Great knives but some higher ends steels would put them over the edge.

Alsharif and Freedom Pullo like this.
  3. Freedom Pullo

Freedom Pullo Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Bump for the Crucarta Shaman and and a Cruwear Native Chief!

mb> and Organic556 like this.
  4. buckeyejake

buckeyejake

Dec 28, 2013
    20cv in the whole American made line . One can wish can't we.

Pinnacle64 and Organic556 like this.
  5. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I'd like to see micarta and Cruwear, Vanax Superclean in a Manix 2 and PM2, and lots more LC200N. Maybe a smaller Caribbean, which I EDC and think it is Spyderco's most underrated blade.

Organic556 likes this.
  6. FiveToes

FiveToes Gold Member Gold Member

May 22, 2019
    I really like the look and design considerations of the Caribbean but those scales are just hideous. Can the yellow be rit dyed black or does it still look terrible? I'm sure it's a great user.

Alsharif likes this.
  7. BURNSY56

BURNSY56

Dec 13, 2003
    Sprint Endelas please

orangejoe35 and kniferbro like this.
  8. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    It can easily be RIT dyed. I've seen some that are dyed black that look great. The handles provide exceptional traction with the grooves too. I don't mind the yellow too much, but I may dye mine in the future just for a new look.

9. cbrstar

cbrstar

Sep 7, 2015
    The Tanto Para 2 hasn't made it into production yet.

The Delica and the Endura were made in 1990, so 2020 would be a good to do a 30 year anniversary special edition. Maybe do something crazy like titanium scales with super gold?

AF likes this.
  10. JLeBlanc

JLeBlanc

May 13, 2019
    ^^ re some above posts, yes absolutely a tool steel Native Chief would be super fresh lol

11. Trvrdgr1234

Trvrdgr1234

Apr 29, 2019
    I think with the para 3 LW and LW chaparral out there the delica needs a buff to compete with them

Maybe bring the cost of the ZDP version down to $9X.00 and offer it with them same color options that are available on the VG 10 ones

12. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Unless it is discontinued, when did we ever see the price of a knife had been lowered by the manufacturer?

13. Trvrdgr1234

Trvrdgr1234

Apr 29, 2019
    Hmmmm ........ never lol

I just wonder if the delica priced at $80 will start losing out to the chaparral big time .... probably not in all reality

14. SwampFishin’

SwampFishin’

Jul 14, 2019
    Wow! All really great replies to this thread; filled with hopes in dreams from our knife enthusiastic minds.

I’m in agreement of adding micarta scales in models such as the PM2, Shaman, Military, and many more. If there was a version of the Manix 2 with Micarta scales and a Steel such as Vanax Superclean or even REX 121 (with optimal HRC; Spyderco is usually better at reaching higher hardnesses than most production knife companies) I would snatch two of them up.

All fantasies and wishful thinking aside, Spyderco does a great job of listening to the customers and has been hyping me up for what the future holds. The possibilities are endless. What a great time it is to be a knife guy, wouldn’t y’all agree?

15. Mike45ACP

Mike45ACP

Nov 29, 2014
    I would think one of the next big innovations for spyderco is in the way of scales! Micarta and sculpted G10 it would bring fresh life to many old favorites like the PM2! That and of course a tanto PM2!

Organic556 likes this.
  16. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    Bring back the Citadel 92mm for a little while, like ya'll did with the Embassy!
    And of course Military 2.

kniferbro likes this.
  17. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    New Cit run plzzzzz

oxman198 likes this.
  18. Trvrdgr1234

Trvrdgr1234

Apr 29, 2019
    ^^^^^ featuring tip up carry finally ?!?!

oxman198 likes this.
  19. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006

Agreed

Plus a lot more handle color /steel options for Para 3 LW

20. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I would like to see more offerings in Lc200n and Vanax Superclean. I’d also like to see more reasonably priced fixed blades. For example, The Waterway has a high level of value.