Gulf Coast assistance - Part Deux

Codger_64

Tonight at 11:00 EST Delander will end the donations for his 8OT knives and 897UH knives. Those people receiving free knives in return for their donation pledges to relief organizations aiding people displaced by Hurricane Katrina will need to send him your mailing addresses, and send your donations to the organization of your choice if you have not already. Thankyou to all the fine folks here at the forum who have pledged, and congratulations to those of you receiving Genuine Schrade knives.

I would like to continue Del's Effort by starting a second round of pledges. Same rules as in the first round, but with different items donated.

#1 WR1 gift set

It is a new in the box Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation WR1 Water Rat Dive Knife gift set with sheath and flashlight. The blade is mirror polished Schrade+ stainless with the RMEF etch.

#2 A custom fixed blade sheath by Paul Long, Sheathmaker

#3 A pair of Schrade SQ427, SQ447 4x4 diamondplates

#4 A custom fixed blade sheath by Paul Long, Sheathmaker

#5 A Schrade SQ316 Blue Nitro Gel

#6 A custom stockman or lockback sheath by Paul Long, Sheathmaker
You all know what the standard, and maybe custom folder sheaths look like, but maybe not a stockman sheath. Here is a picture of the old Schrade designs. Imagine some custom work done on a similar design!

This donation round will end at 11:00 PM EST on Monday, Sept. 12th.

Be sure to check in tonight. It is certainly not too late to add donations on the first group of knives folks. The need for aid is still great as more people are evacuated from the floodwaters daily.

Codger

Codger,

This is truly a great "community" here. The first round has raised $665.00 and hopefully this round will surpass that.

Del

The custom sheaths that Codger is offering on my behalf and with my blessings are just that...CUSTOM...sheaths. They do not have to be for the knives you will win here. They can be for any knife you want a new sheath for. I'm going to put the monkey on Codger's back to administer this deal and I'll build the sheath for who ever or whom ever he says. I will get with the individual winners by email or phone to determine just what we are going to build. I'm still new and plenty stupid on this computer so I don't know how to post pictures, but you can see plenty of my work over on the Knife Network forums in the Sheath Making Forum and the Sheath Making Gallery.
Keep up the good work!!! Give, Give Give.

PS the shipping on the sheaths is on me.

Paul

Mike and Paul,

You guys are awesome... :thumbup: How generous of you. :thumbup:

I enjoy Scharde (oooops.....Schrade :eek: ) knives as working knives. But they made some real beauties that most folks have never even seen... :(
I do come here for the Schrade history and all....but honestly, I come for the personalities and camaraderie that is so evident in this group in the everyday posting, and desire to help those less knowledgeable.

Never found another forum as much fun and knowledgeable as this one.

Bill (Breaking the piggybanks in anticipation)

Del, the links you left at the various forums are not working.

Paul

Bill; If you get one of these sheaths by donation, I promise it will look much better than the last one I sent you.

Paul

Paul, I took the time (finally) to look briefly at some of your work. All I can say is....OMG!!! :eek:

Folks, if you are not aware of the quality craftsmanship this man is offering us here.... well, cast your peepers on this one!

Now, I would think that in order to not insult Paul's generosity and compassion for the displaced people we are trying to help, your donation pledges should be in line with the type, design, and complexity of what you want him to make for you. Do you agree? I WANT ONE!!!!!

Codger - a fixed blade man.

I hope i don't "lowball" but I will start out with a 35 dollar pledge on a mildly
custom sheath. Wouldn't want to take advantage here. :D

And good luck to all!

Your pledge will buy a case of infant formula and a case of diapers. I don't call that a lowball offer, and I thank you for starting the bidding here!

#1 WR1
#2 Fixed Sheath $35.00 Fixer27
#3 SQ427, SQ447
#4 Fixed Sheath $45.00 Codger
#5 SQ316
#6 Folder sheath

I'll offer another pledge now too. Been a longtime dream of mine to get a 165OT rescaled in mammoth ivory with mosaic pins, and I think one of Paul Long's sheaths would be a good match for it.

Codger

Codger, Codger, Codger....

I posted as to the VERY high quality of Paul's work some time ago. You probably ignored my post thinking it had something to do with ...FOLDERS...Your fixation with all things fixed caused you to be a Johnny-come-lately regarding Paul's work. Paul can even make a beautiful sheath for a folder that you might have hidden somewhere.

I do worry about you.....but I think there is still hope..... :thumbup:

Your friend in folding knives (and groveling),

Bill

P. S.
You know, I think that the main part of that nice skin is in my stew for dinner tonight...let me see...

Not sure if this is the way to do it (I'm new here and a foreigner), but I'll donate $60 USD for the Schrade SQ316 Blue Nitro Gel.

With a view to push the bid UP, can I post this?

Schrade Knives: Schrade Nitro Knife, SC-SQ316

Imperial Schrade closed their doors July 30, 2004, after 100 years of business. We will not be able to restock our Schrade inventory as it sells out. There will be no more original Schrade knives produced, making the few Schrade knives we have left extremely collectable. If we can, we will buy these items on the secondary market when possible. Get a piece of Schrade history while you can.

The illustrated Schrade Knife is the Schrade Nitro Knife Built with Q3 (Quick, Quiet, Quality) technology. The Nitro Knife features a 2 7/8" stainless steel drop point blade with dual thumb studs for ambidextrous one hand opening. The handle of this Schrade Nitro Knife is contoured aircraft grade royal blue anodized aluminum, 4" closed, with co-molded black gel inlay, liner lock, lanyard hole and pocket clip mounted at the pivot end.

$64.97 SALE PRICE!

Taken from http://www.knivesplus.com/schrade-knife-nitro-sc-sq316.html

Oh He!!,

You all know I'm gonna bid on the folder sheath... :D ...$50 it is then.

Bill

Well, I can't donate... yet... when financial aid comes in tomorrow, I think I have a little more money coming than it costs me to pay tuition and room and board, so I should be able to give some more when my aid gets direct deposited... assuming it doesn't get screwed up... again.

El Lobo said:
Oh He!!,

You all know I'm gonna bid on the folder sheath... :D ...$50 it is then.

Bill

I was curious as to when you would correct that oversight. :p

And can the folder sheath be for a Leatherman type tool, or does it have to
be for a folder only?

No, no, no...

It won't fit a lEATHERMAN... :eek: , so bid only on the fixed sheaths.

Just kidding, of course... :D

Bill

El Lobo said:
No, no, no...

It won't fit a lEATHERMAN... :eek: , so bid only on the fixed sheaths.

Just kidding, of course... :D

Bill

I have this nice leatherman you see, and I carry it alot and cool sheath
would be just the thing for...... ;)

Andrew, you are most welcome here! And you may be new here, but you are not a foriegner, not if you have an affection for knives, Schrades in particular. We have members here much senior to myself who are from Mexico City, Alberta, and I think Australia, Britain and New Zealand (I am sure I am missing some, my apologies). More importantly in this relief donation effort, you have compassion for the people who were displaced by Hurricane Katrina.

The folder sheath, like the fixed sheaths will be custom made for you. Yes, if Paul agrees, we can add a second sheath to the folder catagory (#7 sheath) and I am pretty sure he can make it to fit a Leatherman if that is your desire. Beware that El Lobo may bid the second sheath as well, and that is fine too. I can certainly see why he is an ardent fan of Paul Long's sheaths. As a matter of fact, I do have over thirty folders. Surely one deserves a special sheath. ;)

If I failed to make it clear folks, these are to be custom sheaths, and will be designed around YOUR knife. It does not have to be a Schrade. Custom knives, Case, Busse, Randall, Pal, Colt, D'alton Holder, Columbia River, Boker, Buck, Camillus, Reeve, the original Bowie knife, whatever your fixed blade knife is, He is offering to make a custom sheath for it. The same for the folders, and I see no reason that a Leatherman would not qualify.

#1 WR1
#2 Fixed Sheath.... $35.00 Fixer27
#3 SQ427, SQ447
#4 Fixed Sheath.... $45.00 Codger
#5 SQ316 Nitro ..... $60.00 Andrew Taylor
#6 Folder sheath.....$50.00 El Lobo
#7 Folder Sheath.....$

Leatherman Okay, or almost any other variation. I'm just here to please.
BTW any and I mean any size donation could get you a custom sheath, but just so you'll know, my regular price for fixed blade sheaths starts at 75.00 and goes up from there. Folder pouches, Leatherman, etc. start at 50.00 and up. Now let me stress again. I'm not putting any limits on the donation sheaths. We'll build it the way YOU want it.

Paul

Back