Gulf Coast assistance - Part Deux

This stag PH2 has gone this long without one interested donor? I can't believe it! O.K., maybe I just need to prime the pump here. Phil is out of the room, so I can't depend on him to give us the lowdown on this knife, but suffice it to say that it is uncommon, if not downright rare. And it is a beauty both in form and function as well. This knife and the PH1 are descended from the Loveless designed RL-2, a custom collaboration.

Full length is 7" with a 2 7/8" drop point blade of Schrade+ stainless steel. The standard production PH2 was only made for five years, 1991-1995, and had black delrin scales, full tang construction. The standard model sold for $59.95 in 1995. A similar DU model, the SDUPH2 with oak handle sold for $89.95 in 2000 - 2003. I have no clue when the stag version was released, if at all, or if it was intended for a special edition for NRA. And besides all that, it is a Schrade Fixed Blade!

If everyone is shy, then I will donate $25.00 toward the PH2 to get things started. Bid it up guys! It is worth far, far more than that, and so are your donations to the Red Cross, Salvation Army, or church relief fund.

Codger

Current donations:

#1 WR1.................$25.00 Delander
#2 Fixed Sheath..... $50.00 Fixer27
#3 SQ427, SQ447....
#4 Fixed Sheath..... $50.00 Codger
#5 SQ316 Nitro ..... $60.00 Andrew Taylor
#6 Folder sheath.....$100 El Lobo
#7 Folder Sheath.....$100.00 G1ZMO
#8 Folder Sheath.....$75.00 Delander
#9 Schrade PH2S.....$125.00 glennbad

Total of $585.00! thanks glennbad. Look out if my truck sells! :D

Okay guys this will about tap me out on this go around, but I'll step up for $100.00 for the PH2. I really think it is worth more, but with the prior donation and the sheaths, that's about as far as I can go for this month. I'm saying all this because I don't want to insult LT's generous donation, so one of you guys take me out with a donation more in line with what the knife is worth. My $100.00 stands until someone takes me out.

Paul

I'm feeling saucy...

Bump that ph2 bid to $125. My next donation will be to the Red cross this time if I win...

Glenn

(unless someone outbids me :p )

Codger; I can't stand empty slots. Put $25.00 on those two diamond plates for me.

Paul

Current donations:

#2 Fixed Sheath..... $75.00 Fixer27
#3 SQ427, SQ447....$25.00 Sheathmaker

Total of $635.00! Thank you again sheathmaker and fixer27. I will be adding a Schrade 100 year anniversary hat/lapel pin to each sucessful donor who requests it when he sends his address. You can fancy up your hat or display with it.

Make my pledge $75 dollars. I wouldn't want sheathmaker to feel that he is
working for less..... :D

OK If Codger will at the end of this send me the addresses of any one who donated or won who wants one I will contribute a Schrade hat. ( See Pic) . That way everyone will have a place to put Codgers Pin ( instead of telling him where to stick it). Remember any donation gets a hat. Until I run out. I never been run out of anywhere or thing that I didn't want to be run out of. So dig in, until the big easy is dry Iwon't be able to get a decent dozen oysters.

Consolation knives for last round went out today. 34-OT were the first I grabbed. Let me know if I missed anyone. These went to donaters who didn't win. Or kicked in money for the kid ( er young man who was good enough to make a pledge ). LT PS remember without an address I cannot sent the item so please let Codger know.PPS Please note hats Say PROUD AMERICAN which is appropriate for this effort.

Fixer, Glen, Paul, guys with your latest pledges added in, we have with these first two donation efforts raised a total of $1,300.00 for Hurricane Katrina relief!

I am overwhelmed with the generosity of everyone here, and I hope that we can continue to increase the pledged amounts through the weekend. Remember, all of these donated items, knives and custom sheaths, will go to the highest pledges for each at 11:00 PM EST on Monday, September 12th.

Incidentally, other donated items may mysteriously appear between now and then, so be sure to check in often. Heck, you might as well post Q3* while you are here! (Q3= Questions, Quips, Quizzes!) (All donors are welcome to help out here..e-mail me or delander)

Codger

Fixer 27; I spent part of my afternoon running around to my leather buddies to see if I could come up with enough Ray skin to do your sheath...No Luck.

I even went to ebay, the cyber Wal Mart, and there was some there but, get this it was blue stripe and tiger stripe so I just had to pass. I'd recommend either the Alligator or the Lizard with a little nudge toward the Lizard. BTW thanks for the increased bid...it's not for me, it's for those less fortunate people. Your Heart is definitely in the right place.

Paul

Careful LT

Else, everyone will see what a great guy is hiding behind that gruff exterior.

;) :thumbup:

sheathmaker said:
Fixer 27; I spent part of my afternoon running around to my leather buddies to see if I could come up with enough Ray skin to do your sheath...No Luck.

I even went to ebay, the cyber Wal Mart, and there was some there but, get this it was blue stripe and tiger stripe so I just had to pass. I'd recommend either the Alligator or the Lizard with a little nudge toward the Lizard. BTW thanks for the increased bid...it's not for me, it's for those less fortunate people. Your Heart is definitely in the right place.

Paul

Well hopefully someone will donate even more than $75 dollars and get a
chance to have one of your fine sheaths by doing so. This being Charity
then hopefully the most good will be done for the people who are suffering
in the Gulf Coast region. I wouldn't buy anything special though.

Speaking of counting your chickens, I killed a four foot chicken snake in the henhouse this evening. Packed full of auracanna eggs and fat as my arm. Anyone want a chickensnake skin inlay in their sheath? :D free?

Codger

Codger_64 said:
Speaking of counting your chickens, I killed a four foot chicken snake in the henhouse this evening. Packed full of auracanna eggs and fat as my arm. Anyone want a chickensnake skin inlay in their sheath? :D free?

Codger

Scrambled snake eggs and Scotch? Are you insane....... :eek:

Tequilla y huevos rancheros?

Codger

PS- You are not the first person to question the sanity of El Codger Loco and the skin is multi hued with red only at the egg swallowing end.

Codger_64 said:
Tequilla y huevos rancheros?

Codger

PS- You are not the first person to question the sanity of El Codger Loco and the skin is multi hued with red only at the egg swallowing end.

And no I would not like a shot of Tequila with my eggs and ranchero salsa.

Besides, unless you post a picture of the 4 footer, how will we know what it
looks like? :p

The members of this forum (Schrade Collectors Forum) initiated the "Gulf Coast Assistance" endeavor to provide help and support to the folks affected by Hurricane Katrina.
This is NOT an auction, the group IS NOT collecting any funds, and THE ONLY beneficiaries of this effort are the RED CROSS and the SALVATION ARMY.
An analysis indicates that only 10% of the viewers (numerically) post to the forum. This means that a lot of those who view this endeavor (and the prior one) do not make a pledge or donation.
The majority of those who have made a pledge or donation (honor system - no-one is looking over your shoulder or checking on you - it's your own Karma) are the regular members of this forum. Thank you!
And, thank you to the visitors and guests who have also made a pledge or donation.
It's not about "winning a knife or sheath", it's about helping the NGOs with assisting the victims of the Hurricane and the aftermath.
Each and every pledge or donation is worthy and worthwhile making, regardless of size.
We also need more folks to visit this endeavor and to make a pledge or donation.
Please tell your friends, associates and other organizations about this, and encourage them to drop by and make a pledge/donation.
$1,300.00 from a handful of folks is a huge gesture - let's get more people involved and really increase the amount of funds that are pledged or donated.

I'm one of Del's sons. Please put me down for a $20.00 pledge to the Red Cross and no knife or sheath is desired (I'll dip into Dad's collection!).
Marc

Current donations:

#2 Fixed Sheath..... $75.00 Fixer27
#3 SQ427, SQ447....$25.00 Sheathmaker
Pledge-no knife or sheath...$20.00 MarkA
The total is now $655.00

Thank You Del, MarkA. Tell your dad that you have my permission to withdraw a D'Holder of your choice from his collection! :D Seriously Mark, I..we...they appreciate every bit of help we can lend them right now. I have said it before, and it bears repeating, we are witnessing a nationwide mobilization to aid the displaced persons, the likes of which have not been seen since 1942.

Forgoing a trip to Wal-Mart so that an old man has his blood pressure medicine for another month, giving up a movie so that a baby can have formula and diapers for another week, opening that piggy bank that you have tossed your change into all summer so that a kindergartner can go to school with his/her head held high knowing that people from coast to coast and beyond our Northern and Souther borders care....THAT is what this is about!

Back