Gulf Coast assistance - Part Deux

Hey Bud, that's great - when you asked what I was up to I sent you the URL so you could see - your pledge is great !!

Oh, don't pay any attention to what that Old Codger says about my D's!!!!!

Yarr harr, put me down for another $45 for the Salvation Army, that should bring us right up to $700 on this one. No knife necessary, and I have no use for sheaths at the moment, either. My pledge will go out the second the overage from my financial aid comes in, which should be Monday!

Current donations:

#1 WR1.................$25.00 Delander
#2 Fixed Sheath..... $75.00 Fixer27
#3 SQ427, SQ447....$25.00 Sheathmaker
#4 Fixed Sheath..... $50.00 Codger
#5 SQ316 Nitro ..... $100.00 Andrew Taylor
#6 Folder sheath.....$100 El Lobo
#7 Folder Sheath.....$100.00 G1ZMO
#8 Folder Sheath.....$75.00 Delander
#9 Schrade PH2S.....$125.00 glennbad
Pledge-no knife or sheath...$20.00 MarkA
Pledge-no knife or sheath...$45.00 Madcap Magician

The total is now $740.00

Thanks Andrew. Your pledge is much appreciated!

What!?!? I didn't know there was a new one! *Runs down to the library* Thanks for the heads-up, Codger.

I don't have all the details yet, but I have a pledge of a product contribution from one major knife manufacturer. We really need more to come on board and help out. Anyone have any connections?

Codger

I saw an aerial view of New Orleans and never realised how big it is. Last night in the CBC news there was a story of a Canadian businessman Frank Stronach who came to north america with nothing, just $200 in his wallet and is now a billionaire. He has airlifted hundreds of the less fortunates out and has them at his resort in Florida. He is going to buy a 1000 acres of land, put mobile homes on it and pay their expenses for 5 years.

• Magna International had its humble beginnings in 1957. Frank Stronach opened a one-man tool and die shop called Multimatic in Toronto. The first year sales were $13,000. In 1969, Multimatic merged with Magna Electronics, a publicly traded aerospace, defence and industrial components manufacturer.
• Between 1972 and 1987, Magna International created 10,000 jobs in Canada.

The same program showed the forced evacuation of N.O and one poor police officer in tears at having to shoot a dog protecting its absent owners home. Just terrible! There is heartbreak at every turn.

Anyway, I would like to increase my donation to $100.
#5 SQ316 Nitro ..... $60.00 now $100

Thankyou for your increased pledge Andrew. The above tally has been edited to reflect it.

Codger

Codger_64 said:
I don't have all the details yet, but I have a pledge of a product contribution from one major knife manufacturer. We really need more to come on board and help out. Anyone have any connections?

Codger

Have Delander PM Sal! Sal's a good guy and he posts here regularly.

LOL, yeah, I'm going down to the public libary Monday and getting that book.

LOL, Sal Glesser... Spyderco... sorry... used to the General Knife Discussion forum. Wow, that's a great quote from a BF person though... "Who the hell is Sal Glesser!?!?"

And you should contact him because Codger isn't a Gold member and can't PM members (I don't think?), and I think Sal would be willing to cough up a knife or two.

Don't feel bad. Had me stumped too! :rolleyes:

Codger.... when I grow up I WILL be a gold member!

imagine, a Schradophile and Custom knife collector not knowing!! Shame on me!

I did issue a challenge to Mr. Busse to emulate what the Schradophiles are doing, without response though.

Now, maybe if I could figure out how to sprinkle some testosterone on our USA made Schrades???? :D :rolleyes:

sarcastic.

If anyone visiting these threads wishes to, please feel free to "challenge" any others to do what we (Schradophiles) have done.

This is a very small forum, yet we have raised over $1,400.00 for the Red Cross and Salvation Army.

The members of this forum (and the guests who pledged) ought to be really proud of this accomplishment.

Has the well been drained, or do you think we should go for the third edition?

Please post your thoughts and/or comments here.

Thanks all,
Del

I think we should keep trying, but let's worry about that when Monday comes and the second one ends. It would be nice to get a few of the more mainstream forums involved more involved, though. After all, if people don't donate, what has anyone here lost?

Umm... and I'm not quite sure if I'm being made fun of... :mad: :eek: :D :confused:

But yeah, Mr. Busse might not necessarily be willing to cough up a $400 knife, but I think we might be able to coax an $80 knife out of Mr. Glesser...

Mr. Busse and others no doubt have some rejected blanks they could donate. I saw a pile of them sell for $25 recently. If that happened, I would donate a reject Schrade blank or two. These are excellent starting pieces for custom knives. Scrap steel prices are low right now, so this would be a good way to recycle them.

Codger

Make my pledge 100 dollars as a matter of fact it has already left on Sat.

This is a wonderful thing that you are doing here. But unfortunately one does
get what one gets. I am very happy that the pledges have risen to this sort
of level. Hopefully though there are many people who are just so kindhearted
that they don't want to post anything about doing what they have done.

1400 dollars is nothing to sneeze at so don't think that you have done
nothing. As a matter of fact, many have given of there time and goods just
on the hope that someone would be helped. And that is a beautiful thing.

Current donations:

#1 WR1.................$25.00 Delander
#2 Fixed Sheath..... $100.00 Fixer27
#3 SQ427, SQ447....$25.00 Sheathmaker
#4 Fixed Sheath..... $50.00 Codger
#5 SQ316 Nitro ..... $100.00 Andrew Taylor
#6 Folder sheath.....$100 El Lobo
#7 Folder Sheath.....$100.00 G1ZMO
#8 Folder Sheath.....$75.00 Delander
#9 Schrade PH2S.....$125.00 glennbad
Pledge-no knife or sheath...$20.00 MarkA
Pledge-no knife or sheath...$45.00 Madcap Magician

The total of pledges so far for this second week is now $765.00. Added to the first week's total of $665.00 makes a grand total of $1,430. This pledge efffort ends Monday September 12th at 11:00 PM EST.

Thank you for the increased pledge fixer27, and for the words of encouragement. I suppose we will always feel like we might have done more, regardless of the final pledge total. We do still have time for more people to pledge their donations to the Red cross or Salvation Army for Katrina relief.

Codger

Well, I for one am glad we did it. Sometimes there isn't anything else you can do. So just fold your hands, bow your head, speak not a word, and pray.

Back