Gulf Coast assistance - Part Deux

I prefer prepare for the worst. hope for the best and never give an inch. Well dones to you all. Codger do not forget the list on the hats. I just saw an article on TV Johns Sports bar In New Orleans it stayed open the whole time. Cold beer , then warm beer, then hot beer and now cold beer. I wish I would have known, a bunch of drunks in there for 10 days. Could not go on the street or they would have been evacuated and taken away. The only complaint I heard was one guy said he could use a clean pair of socks. I bet he could. The police said they would close them for there own good, but they didn't have the heart. The reason this story appeals to me is not a group of dirty smelly intoxicated people huddled in a disaster zone. The reason it appeals to me is how it exemplifys in indomnibility ( spelling sorry) of the human spirit. No I am not going to herded to the superdome and I will not cower before any power, I realize I am responsible for my actions win lose or draw and this is how choose to play out my hand and should I pay the ultimate price for my folly so be it but dammit let them say I stood right here and spit in fates eye. I fully realize that this type of attitude and my opinion will not be that of the majority I realize that many would feel it might even be illegal. All I am saying is that I for one understand the motivation that no matter how bad things may be there will always be a few wonderful idiots to say, whether it be in a storm or war or whatever horror the fates may have in store. You can go around me, over me, or through me but you cannot move me. Do your worst. Is it crazy you bet. By the way Johns sports bar never closes I believe it and I find it comforting. LT

fixer27 said:
Hopefully though there are many people who are just so kindhearted that they don't want to post anything about doing what they have done.

I'm sure many have done just that. I had no intention of mentioning it, but I gave $200.00 to the Salvation Army through my place of employment and my wife and I and each of my 7 kids gave $20.00 apiece through our church to Catholic Charities USA for Hurricane Katrina relief. Many other people I know are doing what they can to help in their own private way, including opening up their homes to take in a family that lost everything in this disaster. It would never occur to me to participate in something where I would be "rewarded" for helping a fellow American in times like this.

redshanks said:
I'm sure many have done just that. I had no intention of mentioning it, but I gave $200.00 to the Salvation Army through my place of employment and my wife and I and each of my 7 kids gave $20.00 apiece through our church to Catholic Charities USA for Hurricane Katrina relief. Many other people I know are doing what they can to help in their own private way, including opening up their homes to take in a family that lost everything in this disaster. It would never occur to me to participate in something where I would be "rewarded" for helping a fellow American in times like this.

May God bless you for your efforts in relieving the suffering. :thumbup:
Now the real question is "did you do help because you thought that you
would be recieving back for doing it" or did you perform charity because it
was the right thing to do?
Keep in mind that many of the donations are done gratis, with no strings.
so if you feel put upon and maybe like you need to recieve something in
return for your efforts (to have a clean conscience) then post up your
work. If you do not feel the need to do that than accept the grateful praise
of goodhearted people who are happy to see that they are not alone.

Bendicat qui venit in nominee Domini

I neither want or need anything from anyone. There are however, those who do and need it desperately. They can have what I can give.

redshanks said:
I neither want or need anything from anyone. There are however, those who do and need it desperately. They can have what I can give.

Exactly. I hope that the sponsors understand that and are happy about it.

I want to donate another knife to the party this is a new old stock GUT HOOK 158-OT in the wrong but nice sheath chances are I have the correct one but I hear coyotes out side and it is late this Ph-2 sheath ( I think is nicer ) if someone bids it and wants the original I will try to dig one out. This knife has the National Wild Turkey etch but I guess it would do trout. By the way where are all these rich knife company donations? In any event I personally for whatever it is worth, appreciate al those who care. Let me know at the end ( if someone donates for it ) if this sheath is ok. Codger please duly log this offering . LT

LT,

Is it OK if this is held for the next round? I just got a call from Andy and he'll let me know tomorrow what he's throwing into the next round.
Del

No Del let it run there seems to be some feller looking for a gut hook who has an interest in this forum that is why I put it on. Did you think I was heading out on you If there is a third round I still hope to be able to draw cards with the big wheels if they ever get off the piles ( of money that is ). Why don't these people like me??? Oh yes why does it take them so long to figure out what is expedient. LT

lt632ret said:
No Del let it run there seems to be some feller looking for a gut hook who has an interest in this forum that is why I put it on. Did you think I was heading out on you If there is a third round I still hope to be able to draw cards with the big wheels if they ever get off the piles ( of money that is ). Why don't these people like me??? Oh yes why does it take them so long to figure out what is expedient. LT

Well now who shows up with the exact blade that I am looking for? :D

However, there may be a third auction in the works and that is a good thing.
Truth be known however i am almost tapped out but give me a chance and
I will pledge (and donate again) but I am nearly broke.

But there are many who are not broke so let's give it one more chance.

Just send an address if your tapped,your heart is there. A knife ain't nothing but a knife. LT

delander
I have a 285 UH Pro Trapper that I found on a dusty shelf at an old hardware store. It needs a new home. Please add it to whatever round you think best.
Mike

lt632ret said:
Just send an address if your tapped,your heart is there. A knife ain't nothing but a knife. LT

what kind of person would i be if I did not give my best?

I may have to trade in my State $.25 quarter collection but so what?

and Delander you are so commited that I feel poorly if the pledges don't
reach the level that you would like.

Andrew,

The pledges and donations have far surpassed my wildest expectations at the outset.

This forum is awesome - pure and simple!

Great folks with a lot of heart and soul.

Del

delander said:
Andrew,

The pledges and donations have far surpassed my wildest expectations at the outset.

This forum is awesome - pure and simple!

Great folks with a lot of heart and soul.

Del

Great heart will not be denied .......
And your cherokee name escapes me. to-ha ra,

And thank you to the people of Canada

Current donations:

#1 WR1.................$25.00 Delander
#2 Fixed Sheath..... $100.00 Fixer27
#3 SQ427, SQ447....$25.00 Sheathmaker
#4 Fixed Sheath..... $50.00 Codger
#5 SQ316 Nitro ..... $100.00 Andrew Taylor
#6 Folder sheath.....$100 El Lobo
#7 Folder Sheath.....$100.00 G1ZMO
#8 Folder Sheath.....$75.00 Delander
#9 Schrade PH2S.....$125.00 glennbad
Pledge-no knife or sheath...$20.00 MarkA
Pledge-no knife or sheath...$45.00 Madcap Magician

The total of pledges so far for this second week is now $765.00. Added to the first week's total of $665.00 makes a grand total of $1,430. This pledge efffort ends today, Monday September 12th at 11:00 PM EST.

Here is this morning's pledge update. NONE of us are participating for the recognition, I am sure. After all, this is NOT about us, or knives, or sheaths. Del "Big Heart" (u'-ta-na' a-do-nv-do-di) started this effort to help the folks in the gulf region affected by the hurricane, and each and every person who has given items (including bandwidth), or made a contribution pledge has made this possible. While none participating has done this for comendation, I do commend you each and every one.

We have a few hours yet in this part of the pledge effort. The beginning of the next phase, Part Tre, will commence when we have clarification from the item donors on the knives etc. they will be providing. Listed so far, we have the 255UH Pro Trapper from Mab1095, and a 158OT from LT confirmed (Please note that this is not the 158OT offered to fixer27, that one has already been sent).

Folks with pledges, don't forget to provide your mailing addresses please. You may e-mail them to Del, or to me and we will see to it that LT also receives the information so that no one misses out on a Schrade hat and aniversary pin.

Codger

Back