Gulf Coast Assistance Part Three

Hi (Fixer) Just got in from AC NJ sorry. Whatever charity you want to pledge to is fine with me. Since you have the 158 OT and the tang stamp for the SS102 I will kick in a present with them. Codger thankyou for all your help. Please send addresses when you get them with what everybody is getting if you can. I posted the number of the fruit knife that this tang goes with which is now on ebay. however I am not sure where it is that knife should be fairly affordable. Perhapes someone can find it in the thread. I just walked in. Any help appreciated. Fixer I will be happy to give you my address but please just send to whatever good cause you want. Codger please allow some late time past 11, if needed since I just got in and am not sure of what all the messages mean. Yours truly Confused LT AH found it 6561458798 see if it is still on and you will have the knife and the stamp. Other wise you will force me to look around for one I am not even sure if it went off.

#1 Schrade 285UH .........................$40 sheathmaker
#2 Schrade Cutlery Sign .................$25 textoothpk
#3 Schrade 108OT .........................$20 Slufstuff
#4 Imperial 329 Stockman................$20 Slufstuff
#5 Schrade LB5 .............................$80 Pocketknife
#6 Schrade 6OT..............................$60 fixer27
#7 Schrade SK3 Knife Care Kit............$20 Pocketknife
#8 Schrade 158OT ..........................$30 fixer27
#9 CSC #113313 Bone DP Hunter.......$150.00 Redshanks
#10 AMERICA 500 PH1/PH2 SET .............$1200 delander & MarcA
#11 507SC LB Big Cat w/ sheath .......$70.00 AndrewTaylor
#12 Schrade SS102 tangstamp
die w/1953 box............................$100 fixer27
#13 Schrade UH & OT Book...............$30 Redshanks
#14 Schrade UH & OT Book...............$20 Sheathmaker
#15 The collectors guide to
Switchblade Knives(Signed)...$45 Codger
#16 Virtual Switchblade Museum Tour CD....(NO PLEDGE YET)
#17 Blue Bone PH2.....................................$65 mab1095
$25 Donation, no item.........El Lobo
Total so far....$2,000.00!!
Total GCA #1.....$665.00
Total CGA #2.....$765.00
Grand total to date: $3430.00

I just increased my pledge on the book again. Folks, top my pledges if you want to. As we have been reminded time and again, this isn't about the donated gifts and who gets what. It is about ...well...fixer27 just said it

"This money should help many people in the Gulf Coast region."

And that is the bottom line.

LT, at your service. Extra time is no problem.

Codger

I have been reading this forum since the begining of the end of Schrade as a company. It has been said many times that it is about the people. This effort shows once again that they live on in Uncle Henry`s Lost Souls.
Please enter a bid of $65 on the PH2.

My son is willing to kick in another $20.00 towards the CSC, but wants to send it to the Catholic Charities USA on behalf of their Katrina Relief fund. Is that okay?

Shush don't say bid, donation. They be out there watching and we are so close to getting something positive getting done I am even more paranoidal than ever that some wrong word will cause us to break some idiot rule. By the way thankyou for your thoughts,kind words, and donation. LT PS this is an on your honor thing and I personally cannot see why any one would object to that organization. Besides some of them NUNs can hit harder and get more done than Babe Ruth.

YES!!!!
I cannot see that anyone would object to pledges to a religious based relief fund, especially if tagged for Katrina Gulf Coast Relief. A good work is a good work. Thankyou.
Codger

10/4 Lt, Delander should have some info for you concerning the stamp...

and you have been most generous in this effort so a big THANKS to you and
everyone who has donated Schrades and Pledges. Without your generousity
this could never have happened this way.

Top Notch and Well done to all.

Thank you all for being a part of this. I had relatives that worked at shrade back to circa 1910. I carried an LB-2 for a lot of years. Now selling boats I carry an AV-7.

Andy,

A huge thank you to you. You stepped up to the table when asked (and more!).

Del

Thank you, Andy, for your participation too. We hope you will choose to be a frequent poster here. We always have room for one more of "Uncle Henry's Lost Souls "! The comradery is as important as our dedication to collecting and researching the people and products of Schrade (and all the historical companies that includes).

Codger

I just increased my pledge on the autographed book to round out this pledge effort part to an even amount. I will end the pledges at 11:30 if there are no objections, and all top pledgers who have not already done so, please sent your mailing address to myself or delander, and we will foreward them appropriately.

Thank you.

Total GCA #1......$665.00
Total GCA #2......$765.00
Total GCA #3...$2,000.00!!
Grand total of pledges for Hurricane relief: $3430.00

OK Micheal your book is out signed ect, I up graded you to a first printing hard cover one of about six left new. which I have stashed. I also kicked in with a surprise which I hope you like your efforts deserved it the traking is #0303 1290 0001 3200 6255. Priority today. I hope you enjoy it.

Fixer I sent your tang stamp box and 158 OT. I believe you will not have to agonize over cannabalizing it. Instead put it away in case you ever lose your fishing knife I included a little bonus. In honor of your enthusiasm. I included some makens you can make your self a matching set a 152 UH and a 158 OT. I included most of what you will need you may need different rivets and I did not know if you wanted to shield them so I added some basic ovals ( various sizes. some marked some not ( if marked they can also be used turned over as blanks ) . I did not think you wanted to inlet propellor shieds ect. For handles I added a nice piece of Black Walnut ( which will when sized, polish up nice. When you are done let me know or contact Sheath maker for sheaths. Thankyou for all your efforts. Enjoy the toys. USPS priority #0303 1290 0001 3200 6248 .

Micheal I still need to know who to send the CSC knife to and what the correct address is.

For all those who participated the next time you pick up a cold one have a toast to the gang and do not forget me LT. Because I will be doing the same thing for you folks just as soon as I stop typing. I wonder if there is still time to catch a plane to New Orleans so that i could go to Johns sports bar for the next hurricane. ( for those who have been keeping up with this thread you will know what I mean.) Oh well as the Duke would say TO THE PURE LIFE PILGRIM. LT

Fixer 27 sheath goes out today in the 4;00 o'clock mail. Still waiting on leatherman and flashlight from G1ZMO and, of course my old buddy Codger. No rush on my part. This has been fun and I've enjoyed making the sheaths for you.

Paul

Sorry I did not get to participate in Round 3. I was pretty well done by round 2. But you guys did not disappoint. We've done a good thing here, and I hope it gets others to thinking.

I'd have that cold one with you LT, but that will have to wait till after our cub scout pack meeting tonight. I'm fool enough up in front of the kids without ingesting any alcohol.

Take care everyone, and thanks for your generosity.

Glenn

Redshanks priority tracking #0303 !290 0001 3200 6262 CSC on the way. MAB hat on the way. LT

Thank you Lt,

that is incredibly generous of you to send those as well.

and Paul looking forward to seeing your creation. thanks to you as well.

What a great bunch of people..
Tip of the Schrade 'Proud American' hat to each and every one of you.

Once more, Del, you did a good thing.

Phil

My donation was made to the Red Cross today and confirmation sent to Marcus along with my mailing address. Thanks guys, it was fun, and we helped out a bit didn't we.

I have the Schrade bug now :)

Edited to add, I should thank all the knife and memoribilia donators too!

My donation was made to the Red Cross this lunch hour, and I just wanted to say thanks very much for organizing this effort...especially to those who donated items and postage for those items. It was your contributions that gave the rest of us the opportunity to give a hand up to those in such need, as well as giving us all inspiration for the future. :thumbup:

“Example is not the main thing in influencing others, it is the only thing.” Albert Schweitzer

I am also happy that my daughter will be receiving her first Schrade knife (and a knife care kit) this Christmas.

(P.S. If the organizers need a copy of my Red Cross receipt, just shoot me an email.)

Back