Gulf Coast Assistance Part Three

Looks like Texas is going to take a hit this time. My Grand Daughter is departing Corpus Christi this afternoon headed for home til it passes. My son and his wife live RIGHT ON San Antonio Bay in Austwell, Texas which is located about 60 miles north of Corpus Christi up the coast. The neat thing about their home WAS the fact that their back yard Is San Antonio Bay. Not such a great thing today. Any way they are all smart enough to head for Dad's house so worst case scenario will be property damage, and not injury or loss of life. I'll keep you posted.

Paul

Nice work people. You all deserve a pat on the back. Or at the very least a GIANT THANK YOU. I know I don't do much posting on here but, I do read many of your posts and I have learned much from just hanging around. This forum is simply the best! My hat's off to Bladeforums and all the generous souls and organizations so willing to take the time and effort to donate to such a worthy cause. I didn't have the chance to get in on the donations via this thread but, I went ahead and sent $1000.00 usd. to the Red Cross in Bladeforums name. Right after the storm I did open my purse but, you people got me to thinking that maybe I could do a little more. And the fact that the Red Cross were the only people that showed up when my Grandmother's place burned to the ground. Well, lets just say I know first hand that that the money sent to them is well spent. God bless you all.

Heck if you send me your address I will still send you a hat and a knife just for GP and caring. LT PS Good luck Sheathmaker please let us know how you make out.

Notthevegasidea, you're a really great guy. Visit with us more often here.

Paul, hope all goes well with you there.

Phil

Sheathmaker, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family. Let's hope the wind dies down... right now!

Notthevegasidea: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The CSC DPH (everyone know what that is? :) ) came today and was given to my oldest son. This fall, he will go hunting with me for the first time in his life as long Uncle Sam and the Michigan National Guard don't have other plans for him. He's a late starter and never showed any interest in guns or the outdoors until he joined the Army.

This beautiful knife is now one of his finest possessions. We will cherish this "Katrina knife" and what it represents to the people of the Gulf Coast who will receive help from the charities that we and others here contributed to, along with those who so generously gave the knives and other items to make this help possible.

Thank you all.

Paul your sheath arrived today and it is perfect thank you

and Lt, your care package arrived today as well and I could not be happier
than I am today. Thank you as well.

Hey enough with this mushey stuff tell them what is important. Can I pack a box for shipping or what. Did you guys actually rip open them works of art boxes I hope at least you are displaying them . Works of art. I may look for a job for some company in the shipping dept. Seriously thank you for getting back glad they got there. Good Hunting LT

My autographed first edition copy of The collector's guide to switchblade knives arrived today with a bonus, as is LT's way. Of course, the autograph was bonus enough. I am usually a pretty fast reader, but this book is so packed with information on knife history, I am taking my time and rereading it as I go. It is definately a keeper. And what I have read so far goes way beyond being of interest to only collectors of automatics. LT hinted at this aspect of the book a while back, but he, as he often does, understated it, calling Moby Dick a goldfish. And folks...get this...it is well punctuated too! :D

I certainly hope he has another book in the works. I would like to think I am reading a first installment of his knife knowledge. I do recommend this one for anyone interested in learning more about Schrade, and American knife history in general.

The bonus? Man, is this guy ever creative! Never in all my days have I seen a USPS Priority mailing box like this! 100% wrapped in priority tape, the enclosed book covered in bubble wrap taped shut. Even the inside of the box is decorated! The bonus? Hidden in the decoration for me to decipher was a secret message: The key to Buster's the cat's longevity.... FRISKIES!!!! Oh, the bonus? A virtual tour of the R.V. Langston Knife museum! Thanks LT!

Codger

I know what you mean about the wrapping Codger, I had to hunt up a sharp knife to open Lt's package. ;)

I can honestly say that is the most well wrapped package that I have ever
recieved. But did you have to vacuum seal the entire package? :p

I vacuum seal everything I love that machine. Sometimes vacuum packing everything is counter productive ( like regarding my sex life) but man it does seal. Is that more than you needed to Know? LT

I don't care what you vacuum seal in your own home, just don't mail it to
me. :eek:

And one day someone may right your biography, I wonder if that would make
it into the book?

No I can't I don't have any doubles for that model. LT PS my biography I wouldn't even buy a copy. Going through it once has been enough. Perhapes they could do a movie I would like Francis the talking mule to play my part it would seem appropriate.

First the update...None of my folks sustained any damage either personal or real. Thank God.

G1ZMO'S leatherman sheath with flashlight loop is finished and goes out prioity mail Monday.

Codger and I will get together at our leisure to satisfy his sheath needs.

Mission accomplished.

Robert Clemente contacted me via email with a whole bunch of Schrade pictures which I think dove tail into his book, which he says will ship early next week.

Paul

Nice of you Paul to donate so much of your time and talent. Glad your people escaped any damage.

Phil

First, Paul, I am relieved that all is well with you and your family. Sometimes we get lucky, and sometimes prayers are answered. You decide in your heart which is which.

Second, the knife and sheath went out to you on UPS Friday. As we discussed, the sheath is just for a look-see, not a pattern. And it will keep that blade from eating through the box!

Write those pictures to disc if you can. It is a very big file, as you already know.

Codger

sheathmaker said:
First the update...None of my folks sustained any damage either personal or real. Thank God.

G1ZMO'S leatherman sheath with flashlight loop is finished and goes out prioity mail Monday.

Codger and I will get together at our leisure to satisfy his sheath needs.

Mission accomplished.

Robert Clemente contacted me via email with a whole bunch of Schrade pictures which I think dove tail into his book, which he says will ship early next week.

Paul

I'm glad you all escaped unscathed. :)

Back