Gun Hoarding...Why

A few recent posts on this forum have got me wondering why exactly someone feels they need a gazzillion assault rifle clips that hold literally enough ammo to wipe out a small town. I honestly can't think of any practical reason- ie hunting, self defence, etc. And to be honest it's a little alarming. The talk of "coming riots" and such only fuels this concern as that kind of talk is generally the trademark of extreme racism, paranoia or someone planning to commit an extreme act of violence.

Not looking to start a flamewar or anything. Just wondering why and am concerned that we may some day see one of our fellow forumites in the papers for commiting a horrendous crime that only fuels the anti-gun lobby.

Good luck not starting a flame war with that one :rolleyes:

I don't need as many khurks as I have, no reason at all. One or two maybe three I could see, but since I have over ten (14 or so) I guess that makes me a khurk hording nut that might flip out one day...

Cabbit said:
...we may some day see one of our fellow forumites in the papers for commiting a horrendous crime...
Then we can brag that "I knew that guy was a wacko. You should have seen some of the crazy stuff he posted."

Ben Arown-Awile said:
Then we can brag that "I knew that guy was a wacko. You should have seen some of the crazy stuff he posted."

I want Antonio Banderas to play me in the made for TV movie. Oh sure I look nothing like him but it could work.

Mark Nelson said:
I don't need as many khurks as I have, no reason at all. One or two maybe three I could see, but since I have over ten (14 or so) I guess that makes me a khurk hording nut that might flip out one day...

Knives have an artistic quality to them as well of form and function.

Several thousands of rounds of Ammo have nothing of artistic value to them. Unless you use them in a sculpture, which I have to say would be pretty cool.

Mark Nelson said:
...I want Antonio Banderas to play me in the made for TV movie...
I want Orson Wells to play me. So what if he's dead. I will be dead too when they make the movie.

Cabbit said:
When you're better equipped than the local SWAT Team.

Im not gonna let my local SWAT team push ME around! ;)

If a person can own one firearm, why not more than one? And what is so inherintly evil about a 30 round clip?

Drum magazines dont walk around murdering people/kicking puppies. They hold more bullets and dont feed correctly, whats the big deal?

Nothing wrong with owning more than one gun. Also nothing wrong with a 30 round clip.

Having 50+ 30 round clips ready to go is a concern though.

Ben Arown-Awile said:
I want Orson Wells to play me. So what if he's dead. I will be dead too when they make the movie.

Warning massive on purpose run on sentence invovled in this post:
Well if we can pick dead guys then I want Ernest Borgnine. Yes I went from Banderas to Borgnine, and no I am not really going to even try to explain why people should be able to own anything that they want, to have for whatever reason that they can dream up and that no one has the right to take it away from them just because they "can't think of any practical reason" sorry for the run on sentence had to be done I am afraid. Need a real reason to take stuff away from someone and yes I understand that people freak out and hurt other but using your logic cabbit I would take away everyones cars that can go over 30 mph and every other thing that can be used to hurt other (which would be most everything that you look around and see).

Cabbit said:
Gun Hoarding...Why
Because some people like guns as much as they do knives. Large capacity mags are more fun to shoot with because you don't have to stop and reload as often.
And as Jeb siad, "Because we can."
I have an AK-47 with several 30 round mags along with one five round mag for hunting. AFAIK it's illegal here in Oklahoma to hunt with the large capacity mags but may not be now that the ban is lifted.

Furthermore I don't understand why collecting any amount of guns, along with high capacity mags, is disturbing.:rolleyes: :p
And why not be ready for anything? It's always better to be prepared than begging for your life should the SHTF.:D

Cabbit said:
A few recent posts on this forum have got me wondering why exactly someone feels they need a gazzillion assault rifle clips that hold literally enough ammo to wipe out a small town.

Lets put it another way, this is American, you know Home of the Free Land of the Brave... Why shouldn't a law abiding citizen have a pile of high cap mags if he wants too?

Cabbit said:
I honestly can't think of any practical reason- ie hunting, self defence, etc. And to be honest it's a little alarming. The talk of "coming riots" and such only fuels this concern as that kind of talk is generally the trademark of extreme racism, paranoia or someone planning to commit an extreme act of violence.

Surely you jest! How many reasons can we come up with, be it practical or not? I mean you can only wear one pair of pants at a time, swing two kuk's at a time, yet I bet the majority of us have more than that.

1) Cause I want to.
2) Cause I like the way the look gleaming in the closet.
3) I make furniture from them.
4) I load mags all night instead of watching TV.
5) Different mags are like Different Kuhks.
6) You know that different guns, even of the same type, prefer feeding from different mags sometimes right?
7) Great deals now, and they might be available again one day soon. (I call this learning from the first time around)
8) I bought them for the children.
9) I couldn't afford another rifle, so I bought more accessories.
10) It scares the neighbors.

Just for my information Cabbit, why do you assume that someone is paranoid, or racist, or planning an act of extreme violence? I thought we were all innocent until proven guilty? WEll at least in most cases.

Please let me know what kind of SHTF one would need such an expansive armory for unless you were planning on starting it yourself.

45-70 said:
Just for my information Cabbit, why do you assume that someone is paranoid, or racist, or planning an act of extreme violence? I thought we were all innocent until proven guilty? WEll at least in most cases.

What he said.

Cabbit said:
Please let me know what kind of SHTF one would need such an expansive armory for unless you were planning on starting it yourself.

Got a few days?

Mark Nelson said:
What he said.

I'm not saying that anyone is paranoid are racist. Only that it fits the psychological profiles of people who do fit those bills. This perception only feeds the anti-gun lobby.

Why do people collect anything? They want to for some reason. They're not hurting anything. Why badger them?

Back