Gun Knife for 10/23

I'm paraphrasing from some American movie here, but will you guys stop trying to hit me - and hit me? That Gun Knife is just crying out to be sold! C'mon All-knowing Moderators! This means you!

Well Mr. Amko in all honesty (I always take that route) I'm debating two options here.
1. Play me, myself and I, be greedy and fulfill my craving and buy the gun knife for myself to enjoy as long as I'm drawing air into my lungs. Think it would go well with my bestest ever Curved Spine, kind of a dual wielding scenario if you follow the flow of my creek, crick of your from around my parts.

2. Do the right thing and buy the Seax and have it sent to Steely, this plan also has a Y in the road. Send him the Seax and be greedy and self serving and keep the mask for myself or let him take the risk of having two Bharabs fighting each other to protect his 1/5th corner of his obviously too small man cave. I should speak to his wife about this, a man needs a man cave ya know?

3. The other right thing possibly is do nothing at all and let my piggy bank know what it's like to have a little money in it for a very short period of time. This usually results in a vehicle or household item breaking down and requiring the money to repair anyhow weather the money is there or not, but that's just life right? One of the joys of owning/ making payment on your own home.

So go ahead and hit me, maybe it will ease making the right choice.

And of course there's always the guilt of why didn't I send it to one of my other friends or why didn't I send one to all my friends.
That's easy, how could I afford two at once.

Pondering............................................

Thanks for breaking it down for me Bawanna! I follow the flow of your Creek as you so eloquently put it. In your position I'd probably put those accumulated simoleons to good use and get the temptation out of the way: as Oscar Wilde put it "I can resist anything but temptation!" Then after having enjoyed the heck out of the knife I'd send it out to trusted friends in the fond hope that it would return one day. But then that's just me. I'm guessing you've been known to do the same? Thanks again and happy pondering :)

Last edited:
Sweet Mary and Joseph, you might have a good plan there. Enjoy the heck of it, then pass it on for someone else to enjoy too.
That's a great idea. With that plan if I had the will power I could take care of both my friends and all my acquaintances too.

Back to pondering.

ooooooo, the little devil on the right shoulder speaks! Do it, do it, do it. Gosh durn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

Buy now X...................................Place in cart. X..................Layaway...X..................

Pull lip over ones head and swallow?

It definitely deserves a good home! It has rambled through every HI forums desires.
Glad it’s landing in your home Mr Joe!
She’s a one of a kind beauty!

Angel on the other shoulder (Yangdu) has spoken.
I've listened to the voice of that angel more than once. She's never let me down. No reason to stop now.

Hearty congratulations Bawanna! There are knives and then there are well, knives. Ain't got that much experience collecting khuks but I guess one knows a collector's item when one sees it.

Excited for you, waiting on your review. Since I'm in India I know how hard waiting for a much-awaited khuk can be! But it's worth it! May yours exceed your expectations!

That gun knife is ending up in the right place for sure:)

The drop dead gorgeous Gun Knife arrived safe and sound today. I got to open it when I got home from my second job. Perfect savior for an otherwise pretty dreadful day.
The wood is breath taking, I'll have to get some good pictures, really pretty.

This will be a definite learning curve like a Hanshee or a curved spine, it feels much different. Not in a bad way but a different way.
The handle feels great and you can grab it up front or let your hand slide to the pommel and it has a totally different feel but I think it will be quite effective for different things.
Not sure what I'm trying to say here but it's a keeper.
More later, I'm gonna go hold my pillow down now, a might tuckered tonight.

Not sure what I'm trying to say here but it's a keeper.
And that's what really matters.

The shape of your gun knife is a little like an old English musket I was lucky enough to get my hands on for a brief moment in time. I could tell someone took the time to care for it. I know you will too.

Man that is a handsome knife. I'd love to see a 15" version.

Meanwhile, I just got an email (actually from a couple days ago) that the large Seax is on it's way to me. Honestly, I haven't been this anxious for a triangle box in some time:)

Ok, I'm curious. How large is that forthcoming Seax exactly? A custom order, I gather?

Just to clarify, this is one of the few non-khukuri designs that HI offer, my understanding being limited, having never seen one either in hand or in the wild.

Ok, I'm curious. How large is that forthcoming Seax exactly? A custom order, I gather?

Just to clarify, this is one of the few non-khukuri designs that HI offer, my understanding being limited, having never seen one either in hand or in the wild.

It's a new model. The HI Seax is usually 14". This one is around 18.

I just got to my office and found it waiting on my desk:D I'm going to try and get some pics of it. You really need some scale to appreciate the size of an 18" straight knife.

Congrats Steely. An 18" straight knife would certainly command respect! I love the point...is it single- or double-edged? Pix when possible. Enjoy!

Congrats Steely. An 18" straight knife would certainly command respect! I love the point...is it single- or double-edged? Pix when possible. Enjoy!

It's a somewhat non-tradtional Seax inasmuch as the tang is chiruwa. The Seax generally had a hidden tang with a longer handle to cut down on steel expense, so having an exposed tang would seem wasteful.
It's a single edge. The broken back variety such as this never had a sharpened or false edge. Most of the material I have read about the Seax was that it was a chopping/slashing knife. You cut and hacked with the flat (thus a longer handle) and could snap slash with the tip. Looks like a thrusting knife with that crazy pointy tip, but looks like a finger biter if your hands were slick.

heres a very quick and dirty pic. This is the comparison between the seax, a karambit, and a Kershaw Launch 7 that I had in my pocket. Keep in mind, the Launch 7 sports a 3.75" blade :eek:

The seax is a big ol' knife:D

Attachments

• 20181109_092442 (1).jpg
    20181109_092442 (1).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 11
Back