Gun Picture Thread

Was out "prowling" Sunday with some friends. Just checking cattle, fences etc. Came across a coyote near some calves. Coyotes in the ranching world are the bad guys. They will eat young calves alive. Don't even bother killing em first. My pard got out the .30-.30 but didn't have a clean shot as there were cattle behind the "dog" as he ran off.

ulpKGwS.jpg

Oh well next time:

ukiEbV8.jpg

L3lCXYC.jpg

A good dog is buried under this tree. We stop there for a breather when we can:

6iYy792.jpg

Horsewright Horsewright I've been on a couple of quail hunts where the guides rode horses, the hunters were in the mule drawn wagon. One of our guides let me ride for a little while just to watch the pointers work. Part of a vanishing America...

Doesn't seem very sporting either... They are already queued up in trails and just walking? Shouldn't you at least have dogs tracking them or people driving them into the open?
They shoot back, is why. You've been warned, hunters.

Horsewright Horsewright I've been on a couple of quail hunts where the guides rode horses, the hunters were in the mule drawn wagon. One of our guides let me ride for a little while just to watch the pointers work. Part of a vanishing America...

We have some good friends/customers that hunt their place in FL that way. We got started in business making wool vests bout 20 plus years ago (full name is Horsewright Clothing and Tack Co). The folks in FL said nothing shoulders a shotgun like one of our vests. Sporting Classics Magazine said we "make the finest handmade wool vests on the planet. Period." I've read about those types of hunts in that mag several times.

NJBo1wu.jpg

ABDxtZi.jpg

Anyhoo, custom Weatherby and the whitetail of a lifetime my buddy took in TX.

OjqW2oD.jpg

This holster for a 5" 1911 just trotted out of here heading for the east coast someplace.

a2Kji7h.jpg

MigYtk5.jpg

Horsewright Horsewright yes those vests look really nice, I can see how they would be excellent for wingshooting. I usually wore a George Stafford vest or coat, they were all cut and sewn in Thomasville GA (it closed in 2016 after being in business for 71 years), it was a little hot for wool in the early season, Mr George liked very high thread count cotton for his vests and coats. Stafford's was the place for high quality quail hunting clothing. I bought a pair of Russell snake boots and a Stafford coat in 1970 from them, two requisites in those days. I gave away the boots and coat a few years ago, since they no longer fitted me.

Quail hunts like those are a once in a lifetime experience...nothing but wild birds.

Sig Sauer P210 Legend Target along with a Dutch M1917 “Stormdolk”.

Attachments

• 304C6578-703F-4894-99EF-251429283336.jpeg
    304C6578-703F-4894-99EF-251429283336.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 12
Back