Gun Picture Thread

Bearcat is a nice little carry piece. Here's mine. It's somewhat older. Old enough that it requires an empty chamber under the hammer.
jPPWxuC.jpg
Same with mine which was manufactured in 1966. It'll never see Ruger service as I refuse the transfer bar safety, and Ruger will automatically retro fit one if they get their hands on the revolver.

Last edited:
Bearcats are COOL. Years ago a friend and his wife were visiting her family here (Cali) at Christmas time from Wy. She had just received a stainless Bearcat from her father in law before leaving WY and heading here. Her hubbie snuck it out of the house and brought it over to the shop and asked me to design a holster for it as his Christmas present to her. What I came up with is my Rangeflap holster that can be carried, strong side or crossdraw. I now make it for just about any handgun but originally just for the Bearcat. This is her trying it on for the first time:

yiKNvZX.jpg

How it works on the backside:

mCiSAdJ.jpg

My wife liked it so much I got her a blued one:

u5hDYTV.jpg

I've made a lot of these holsters over the years. An interesting thing is the holster will fit numerous handguns of a similar frame size. For instance carrying a Tokarov this day in a Rangeflap holster made for a Bearcat.

Jdu4kjp.jpg

I even came up with a gizmo for attaching one to a saddle.

YbaIm2I.jpg

I've gone away from using the brass stud for closure that I used on some early ones to just using a buckle as this increases the holsters versatility.

QLgXYIN.jpg

Just using the top half of the buckle like shown in this pic allows very quick access to the handgun.

I've made hundreds of these Rangeflap holsters over the years:

JT09Nyq.jpg

wswL9K3.jpg

kahvch3.jpg

But the Bearcat started it all.

Guys, the sun is out today. Might be a good excuse to take a Bearcat out for a walk in the woods....
58169-DB4-8-A03-4-C6-D-9157-B984-F284-DC7-D.jpg

Hope you've enjoyed your ramble. We've had 7.5" of snow here last couple of days, stayed inside the shop working.

My current handguns:

• S&W 422 dressed up as a ridiculous space gun, complete with a Tactical Innovations M22/50 brake, because why not
  • Glock 17 Gen 5, my usual EDC
  • S&W M&P Shield .45, for when I want to carry something smaller

P4KIcII.jpg

MidwayUSA has a good sale right now on Hunter 1100 series holsters.

This Hunter 1100-46 arrived yesterday for my Bearcat. Fit is flawless. I'm well enough please I'm considering getting one for my Single Six.

Bearcat%2520with%2520Hunter%2520100-46.jpg

Bearcat%2520in%2520Hunter%2520100-46.jpg

Wife's new Henry Golden Boy .22. Exceptional wood:

klWbjQC.jpg

EC2tehV.jpg

5gqPaWW.jpg

xVq91Ls.jpg

zpi90Ih.jpg

QH6eOiq.jpg

Wern't really looking for a new rifle but the wood on this one was too good to pass up when we saw it in the gunstore. They had shotguns that were 8 - 10 times the price and they didn't have as nice of wood as this slick shooter.

Wife's new Henry Golden Boy .22. Exceptional wood:

klWbjQC.jpg

EC2tehV.jpg

5gqPaWW.jpg

xVq91Ls.jpg

zpi90Ih.jpg

QH6eOiq.jpg

Wern't really looking for a new rifle but the wood on this one was too good to pass up when we saw it in the gunstore. They had shotguns that were 8 - 10 times the price and they didn't have as nice of wood as this slick shooter.

Very nice, Congrats!! The wood they use is one of the reasons their guns are such an attractive option. The wood on the few I have certainly is better looking than a few of the other rifles from some other gunmakers I currently own. The wood they choose can certainly make a big difference in regards to whether or not I want to purchase a specific rifle. It wasn't the only reason but it was a big consideration when I choose between a Uberti Henry replica and the New Original Henry from Henry.

Here's hoping the New Original Henry I am getting soon will live up to it's billing as well.

Last edited:
Very nice, Congrats!! The wood they use is one of the reasons their guns are such an attractive option. The wood on the few I have certainly is better looking than a few of the other rifles from some other gunmakers I currently own. The wood they choose can certainly make a big difference in regards to whether or not I want to purchase a specific rifle. It wasn't the only reason but it was a big consideration when I choose between a Uberti Henry replica and the New Original Henry from Henry.

Here's hoping the New Original Henry I am getting soon will live up to it's billing as well.

Thanks. Yeah we've got several Henry's too but nothing like this stock. My friend was a little disappointed in the wood on his Original Henry. Just wasn't as nice as what was pictured. However I cleaned it one time for him and rubbed some Frog Lube paste on the stock and it started popping. It was just hiding.

Thanks. Yeah we've got several Henry's too but nothing like this stock. My friend was a little disappointed in the wood on his Original Henry. Just wasn't as nice as what was pictured. However I cleaned it one time for him and rubbed some Frog Lube paste on the stock and it started popping. It was just hiding.

That stock does look good. Thanks for the advice, still hoping no work will be required but even if a bit of paste wax is all that's required then that would be fine as well.

Small but modest collection but since I started late in life the plan is to keep it so. A few have gone and others have replaced them as I've tried to discover what all is out there and what works best for me.
The latest addition is the SA-22 and I can't believe I wasn't even aware this was out there. Somehow I missed it but as I said I started late and I have one now. It replaces my Ruger 10-22 Takedown because overall I just find the SA-22 a more attractive package and better fit for me. No need for synthetics and metal and wood are more attractive to me and bring me more enjoyment. Besides the history and what I've read overall this gun is just more appealing to me.
The Winchester 9422 vintage 74 replaces a Henry Golden Boy because once I discovered the 9422 I found the old school metal and wood more compelling. I still have the Henry but I've already told someone I would be willing to sell it.
The Remington 121 Fieldmaster just happens to be something that didn't replace anything but when determining which pump 22 I also wanted to go old school metal and wood but something a bit more budget friendly than a Winchester pump 22. My understanding is that Winchester may have the better action and more desirability but the Remington 121 was an extremely good design as well.
Keeping it modest I feel that currently I have one hole but have yet to figure out for certain what I will get. At this point I think that will either be a CZ or an Anschutz but I have yet to do the research to figure out exactly which one that will be.

Back