1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Gun Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Boxer .45, Mar 18, 2017.

1. SkinnyDale

SkinnyDale Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2006
    397D575F-3A1A-4D50-8C42-6619A80F0A91.jpeg A couple of my EDC

Win Heger, Converge, Shappy and 4 others like this.
  2. Charlie_K

Charlie_K

Jul 16, 2012
    The MP5 series, right along with the Uzi series, were my favorite SMGs to see in movies while growing up.

3. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    A few pics from our 4th Annual Father's Day Shootout at our ranch. Close family and friends. We start with shotguns and blow up a couple boxes of clay birds and then switch to rifles and handguns.

My daughter had never shot at clays before and had a blast. She picked it up fast.

[​IMG]

The wife and I. Only holster I own that I didn't make. Works good for this little J frame Mod 36 (first two are snake shot, snakes are bad this year).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some Horsewright gun leather the neighbors brought:

[​IMG]

Big Tyler knocked em down:

[​IMG]

Every girl needs a Henry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Working with the daughter on how to shoot the big Vaquero.

[​IMG]

She got it:

[​IMG]

Only downside was a squib load that got stuck in Tyler's wife's original 1890 Win. Wasn't fixable at the range. Here he's loading up his Henry pump .22.

[​IMG]

Happy blasting was had by all:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Win Heger, Converge, Krav and 8 others like this.
  4. Silly Rabbit

Silly Rabbit Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Roaring 20s Riot IMG_2364.JPG IMG_2365.JPG

KnifeRep, Converge, Shappy and 6 others like this.
  5. DrHenley

DrHenley

May 31, 2019
    Lucky Number Seven. It is seven because it was the seventh rifle made for the 264 RLB wildcat cartridge. I also had #4.
    264 RLB is a 6.8 SPC necked down to 6.5mm, then with the shoulder blown forward VERY similar to an Ackley Improved cartridge. It's an absolute joy to shoot, with recoil about like a 223. There is no recoil pad because it's not needed.

[​IMG]
    It is a custom rifle built on a Ruger #3 action, which started off life as a 45-70. Similar to the #1 except a classic "S" lever instead of the Farquharson lever on the #1. The forend doesn't match because it was cut from a block of walnut by the gunsmith to my specifications, so it had not completely faded yet in that picture. It now matches the buttstock much better. The buttstock was a #1 buttstock from Boyds. The barrel is a 25" Palma Profile by Pacnor. The barrel is cylindrical out to the end of the rail, both to make mounting a rail easier, and to have a large heat sink that extends well past the end of the chamber. The barrel never gets hot.

Here is the cartridge. Don't be fooled by the size. It is a high efficiency cartridge. Using only 33 grains of powder, it is roughly on par with a 6.5x55 Swede using 44 grains of powder. It has proven to be a very effective round for whitetail deer out to 300 yards. Think of it as a 300 yard 30-30 because it has roughly the same killing power at 300 yards as a 30-30 has at 100 yards.
    [​IMG]
    That's a 130 grain Accubond, which gets up to about 2650 fps in #7.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Krav, KnifeRep, 1AbominAble1 and 8 others like this.
  6. Krav

Krav Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 6, 2013
    IMG_2791.jpg IMG_2792.jpg Added rubber black Talon grips, I love the contrast. Feels great, my hand wants to move down on the grip over time. These make it a much firmer grip.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    jkwithawave, Converge and Shappy like this.
  7. Silly Rabbit

Jun 9, 2010
    IMG_2186.JPG
    Not seen everyday

KnifeRep, jkwithawave, Shappy and 3 others like this.
  8. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    New California Slim Jim holster we made for a Ruger Bearcat:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple of Rangeflap holsters too:

[​IMG]

One of the great advantages to a gun guy of the Rangeflap is that it will fit multiple handguns:

[​IMG]

9. Silly Rabbit

Jun 9, 2010
    IMG_2523.JPG IMG_2524.JPG Rarely seen configuration

KnifeRep likes this.
  10. DrHenley

DrHenley

May 31, 2019
    Browning B78 Highwall in 30-06

[​IMG]

Shappy and Dddrees like this.
  11. KnifeRep

KnifeRep Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Colt M1911 from US Navy contract of 1600 issued Jan. 23, 1918, all original and correct.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 7:20 PM
    FLymon, Silly Rabbit, Shappy and 5 others like this.