Gun Picture Thread

zkYHA2X.jpg

Had to buy this just in case bears migrate to my AO in next decade or two and need to defend myself against said bears.

$425 used at local gun store. Above is my justification :cool:

Good deal on that Gen 3, I traded away a S&W 1006 in 10mm that I regret a little today, I don't have a 10mm currently but I have a few Glocks :p

Here's my early 2000's Gen 3 G34 ROBAR custom before the RMR red dot sight craze took off, I had Robar do the work in 2004

Best trigger of any Glock I've shot or tried, this is a fun 9mm to shoot fast

6nHOk6y.jpg

JP Enterprises did the porting, Robar's NP3 finish on the barrel; NP3 is an amazing finish, BTW, I have thousands of rounds through this pistol and it has barely any finish wear on the barrel, it's still slick to the touch as well and I only lubricate the top and bottom lock-up points.

ci5xA05.jpg

Last edited:
Good deal on that Gen 3, I traded away a S&W 1006 in 10mm that I regret a little today, I don't have a 10mm currently but I have a few Glocks :p

Here's my early 2000's Gen 3 G34 ROBAR custom before the RMR red dot sight craze took off, I had Robar do the work in 2004

Best trigger of any Glock I've shot or tried, this is a fun 9mm to shoot fast

6nHOk6y.jpg

JP Enterprises did the porting, Robar's NP3 finish on the barrel; NP3 is an amazing finish, BTW, I have thousands of rounds through this pistol and it has barely any finish wear on the barrel, it's still slick to the touch as well and I only lubricate the top and bottom lock-up points.

ci5xA05.jpg
Nice! I need a longer slide 9 as well.

Thinking about a sig X5.
Price to feed the nine is around half the price compared to the 10mm :eek:

Last edited:
I’ve been looking at the Ruger-57 but reluctant to get into another cartridge but there are rifles chambered in 5.7x28 and the ‘pistol rifle same chambering” bug is in play :)

3WmbLQz.jpg

CMMG’s Mk57 in 57x2.8
854x480_431975.jpg
That’d be a nice combo, even more so if the Ruger took the FN mags like the Banshee. from some Shot Show vids that I watched I heard rumors that Ruger will be coming out with their PCC chambered in 5.7. It may be ugly as all get out but if they do make it you’d not only have round compatibility but also mag compatibility.

No import marks so it was likely a bring back - based on the ser #, it was produced near the beginning of the war. Imagine the stories this thing could tell?

t5Rpyoz.jpg

Tlm61Ti.jpg
My father has an older high power with the same sights. His has a grove in the back for the wooden holster to slide in and work as a pistol brace. Does yours have the same?

Mine doesn’t have that.

My father has an older high power with the same sights. His has a grove in the back for the wooden holster to slide in and work as a pistol brace. Does yours have the same?

Last edited:
No import marks so it was likely a bring back - based on the ser #, it was produced near the beginning of the war. Imagine the stories this thing could tell?

t5Rpyoz.jpg

Tlm61Ti.jpg

Pulled my early 1944 British proofed Lend Lease Colt M1911A1 out to go with your fine Nazi Hi Power, D Desmoface

This one arrived late to the European Allied campaign but was one of a Colt contact for 112,269 pistols issued in the late summer of 1943, it is all original and correct

m16dKUw.jpg

4YyMypy.jpg

US Ordinance Dept. crossed cannon final inspection mark and British proofs on frame and slide
D0yRB5D.jpg

"Not English Make" stamp on right side of the frame
fmhHPfS.jpg

British "NP" Nitro Proof and London Proof House crown barrel marks
gSJeY3R.jpg

Pulled my early 1944 British proofed Lend Lease Colt M1911A1 out to go with your fine Nazi Hi Power, D Desmoface

This one arrived late to the European Allied campaign but was one of a Colt contact for 112,269 pistols issued in the late summer of 1943, it is all original and correct

m16dKUw.jpg

4YyMypy.jpg

US Ordinance Dept. crossed cannon final inspection mark and British proofs on frame and slide
D0yRB5D.jpg

"Not English Make" stamp on right side of the frame
fmhHPfS.jpg

British "NP" Nitro Proof and London Proof House crown barrel marks
gSJeY3R.jpg
Very cool - I bet our pistols could tell some crazy stories. Probably two of John Browning’s most prolific pistols, if not two of the most prolific designs ever.

Very cool - I bet our pistols could tell some crazy stories. Probably two of John Browning’s most prolific pistols, if not two of the most prolific designs ever.

With every new-to-me MilSurp I’ve bought I think about the stories they could tell then wipe them down and put them away :)

Yours, I will believe, was most likely carried in harms way, mine probably never was during WWII because it got to campaign almost upon VE Day; while both are rare, yours has that mystique value over mine, it’s a nice piece of history.

Back