Gun Stuff (what to get)

K.O.D.

Driving the expletive train
Platinum Member
So, Monday was my 42nd birthday. My mom was out of town until last night, and birthday gifts have been straggling in all week. Today I got a $100 gift card to Midway USA from her. One of the gifts I received from her was a 15 round extended mag for my Sig P365 SAS.

I have plenty of mags (IMO) for the Sig. 1 10 round extended grip, 1 10 round with Pierce extension, 1 12 round extended, and now the 15 rounder. Also have a Sig Lima Green laser on it as well as a Crossbreed minituck and Crossbreed modular belly band.

My Beretta PX4 .40 has had the competition trigger kit, competition cam block, and metal guide rod installed, as well as the low profile decocker. I thought about night sights for it... I have 4 mags for it, two 14 round, two 17 round extended. Don't have a holster, but its mostly a range and glove box gun.

Steyr M9 is completely stock, and I prefer it that way. I have a cheap kydex holster as well as an Athena beltless holster. 4 mags as well, two 15 round and two 17 round.

I have plenty of ammo (IMO) roughly 1000 rounds 5.56, 400 rounds 9mm, 300 .30 carbine, 200 .40, maybe 150 .38 special.

My IWI Tavor SAR is already customized, and it does have a mount for a picatinny rail on the underside of the fore end should I choose to install a grip or something there. I've been thinking of putting a light of a laser on it. I already have a Sig Romeo 5 XDR Predator green dot sight on it. I have 4 30 round and 2 20 round mags for it.

Underwood M1 Carbine (1944) has a Sightmark red dot, 4 30 round mags, and I really cant think of anything else for it.

My S&W models 10 and 36 have Hogue and Pachmyer grips on them (respectively) and several speed loaders. Not sure what else there is for these.

I have a Remington 887 Nitro Mag 12 ga that I was thinking of put an extension tube to go from 4 to 8 rounds, but not sure if the 870 extensions would work with it.

So basically, I'm lost as to what to use this on. Maybe a light or fore end for the Tavor or the extension tube for the 887. Suggestions? What am I not thinking of?

I love my Rem M887 Nitro-Mag Tactical. I would imagine that you could get a magazine extension for your shotgun, but I don't know which one you would need.
Rem M887 Nitro-Mag Tactical-1a.jpg

More ammo, no doubt.

On second thought, a scope for the M1 feels more appropriate than the red dot. Just saying :)

I agree, not sure what to do with the red dot though. Put it on my shotgun?

Midway doesn't have much ammo in stock...

I agree, not sure what to do with the red dot though. Put it on my shotgun?

Midway doesn't have much ammo in stock...

Nobody does, it's crazy right now. You could use quick release mounts on your scope. Different purposes ....

Get some ammo and go shoot while you can. With Covid and the ammo shortage a lot of ranges are going to start closing. So make the most of it; shooting them is the best way to figure out what the gun needs.

n2s

If I had a place to do it, I'd buy some equipment and start reloading. A bedroom is no place for that. I'd contemplated the staking out my own little section of the garage, but my dad randomly bought a boat last week. Now there is no space anywhere. Hmm, if I'd could see the bench in our workshop... Maybe clear a space there...

Do you have a good range bag, I love my Midway pistol range bag.

Put together a good cleaning kit.

If all else fails get the extension tube.

If I had a place to do it, I'd buy some equipment and start reloading. A bedroom is no place for that. I'd contemplated the staking out my own little section of the garage, but my dad randomly bought a boat last week. Now there is no space anywhere. Hmm, if I'd could see the bench in our workshop... Maybe clear a space there...
It doesn't take much space to set up if you are motivated to do it. A press can bolt to a bench on about 6" x 6" of space, or you can even bolt the press to a piece of board and then clamp the board to the bench with a couple of c-clamps, then remove it when not in use. A small folding table on the side could hold your other gear while you are loading. Years ago my uncle had made a portable stand using a car flywheel and piece of pipe, with a small plate welded to the top of the pipe for the press to bolt to. Using that you could set up to load almost anywhere.

Maybe a pellet rifle? Or a knife? Boots?

IMHO 4 magazines is not enough for you Sig.

Years ago I worked for a precious metals company. As you would expect they had super high security. They threw out some really cool heavy wooden boxes that palladium from Russia came from. If it passed through security with paperwork, you could have it. One was an extremely sturdy box that measured about 24" square with heavy duty lifting handles on the side. They all came with the top screwed down, so I fastened a hinge an attached some 4" casters on the bottom.

I had a Dillon square deal B that I'd purchased a month prior to getting the box. I found that I could store my reloading components inside. With a 5 gallon bucket with a spinning seat, it made a great portable reloading station. I could store it out of the way to save room. Reloading saved me a lot of money.

So, I ended up going with the mag extension, my 887 will now be 8+1. I also bought some 9mm Buffalo Bore with Lehigh extreme defender bullets.

Now to get some more 00 buck.

I have cases, ear pro, mag loaders, range bag, tons of stuff. Been shooting since I was 8. I bought the shotgun when I lived alone, and from the front door of my 1st floor apartment to my bedroom was a long hall. You ain't getting past my shotty. I kept it loaded under my bed. Now, main HD is my Steyr M9. It's too hard to maneuver a long gun in a trilevel upstairs.

Just got a(nother) holster for my Steyr, from Athena's armory, it's a beltless holster and it's great. Nice and light, my one dislike about the minituck. Plus, 17 rounds... They mostly specialize in women's stuff, but I was recommended it by a friend and it's great.

I generally dislike wearing belts, it's perfect for me.

Probably should get a holster for the PX4. Thinking of getting night sights for it too.

Got my stimulus check, and now my wallet is smoking crack.

As far as the boots recommendation, it's hard to fit me 14 EE. My knife storage is full.

If mags weren't so damn expensive, I'd have more for all 3 of my auto pistols.

Btw, with summer coming, any good pocket holster recommendations for the P365 SAS with Lima? I wish I hadn't gotten the belly band. My belly is a little pronounced and it prints...

Last but not least, I'm considering picking up in the future the Steyr S9-A2 MF.

Last edited:
Btw, with summer coming, any good pocket holster recommendations for the P365 SAS with Lima?

The only pocket holster I own and have used is Alabama Holster front pocket holster. It’s solid kydex, works well, and has positive retention with my 938, although it’s a bit much for pocket carry in most instances.

Last edited:
Mika’s pocket holsters are the very best.

A retired LEO he makes each one by hand made to fit the gun, and the pocket. I’ve had dozens of different ones all are outstanding.

I'd take the red dot off the M1 Carbine and replace it with a William's peep sight.

That's what I'd do with that $100 gift card, either that or more cleaning supplies.

So, Monday was my 42nd birthday. My mom was out of town until last night, and birthday gifts have been straggling in all week. Today I got a $100 gift card to Midway USA from her. One of the gifts I received from her was a 15 round extended mag for my Sig P365 SAS.

I have plenty of mags (IMO) for the Sig. 1 10 round extended grip, 1 10 round with Pierce extension, 1 12 round extended, and now the 15 rounder. Also have a Sig Lima Green laser on it as well as a Crossbreed minituck and Crossbreed modular belly band.

My Beretta PX4 .40 has had the competition trigger kit, competition cam block, and metal guide rod installed, as well as the low profile decocker. I thought about night sights for it... I have 4 mags for it, two 14 round, two 17 round extended. Don't have a holster, but its mostly a range and glove box gun.

Steyr M9 is completely stock, and I prefer it that way. I have a cheap kydex holster as well as an Athena beltless holster. 4 mags as well, two 15 round and two 17 round.

I have plenty of ammo (IMO) roughly 1000 rounds 5.56, 400 rounds 9mm, 300 .30 carbine, 200 .40, maybe 150 .38 special.

My IWI Tavor SAR is already customized, and it does have a mount for a picatinny rail on the underside of the fore end should I choose to install a grip or something there. I've been thinking of putting a light of a laser on it. I already have a Sig Romeo 5 XDR Predator green dot sight on it. I have 4 30 round and 2 20 round mags for it.

Underwood M1 Carbine (1944) has a Sightmark red dot, 4 30 round mags, and I really cant think of anything else for it.

My S&W models 10 and 36 have Hogue and Pachmyer grips on them (respectively) and several speed loaders. Not sure what else there is for these.

I have a Remington 887 Nitro Mag 12 ga that I was thinking of put an extension tube to go from 4 to 8 rounds, but not sure if the 870 extensions would work with it.

So basically, I'm lost as to what to use this on. Maybe a light or fore end for the Tavor or the extension tube for the 887. Suggestions? What am I not thinking of?

If you moved out of your parents house you'd have more room for your stuff. C'mon your 42 now, time to leave the nest. Happy bday ....

If you moved out of your parents house you'd have more room for your stuff. C'mon your 42 now, time to leave the nest. Happy bday ....

Left the nest when I was 18. Moved home when I got diagnosed with stage 4 liver failure. Was unable to work. 2018 saw a liver transplant, cancer and two strokes. Slowly getting back on my feet. It's been very hard having gone from married in a 4 bedroom house to divorced and having a single room. I'm working part time at my parents insurance agency, but probably won't be able to work a normal job again. Trying to find an assisted living place for someone under 55 is not easy. I have my good days and bad days. Shooting is something I'll never give up. Hell I would go to the range in a wheelchair and on oxygen back in 2017.

Back